• Yes definitely

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Nope I like the new perspective

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Naw Im deaf and just like looks

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
May 29, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #31 of 34
Should I make it smaller? It seems to have accomplished the desired effect.
Based on my limited experience, I suggest you try making it smaller in all dimensions.

Ideally, keep what you have for a few weeks to get used to your current reference point, then try smaller pieces. Also try that smaller piece at the eyeline position as I have previously shown - this puts the air gap nearer the widest part of the cups, which may or may not be significant.

Finally, go back to your original felt pads to see if you still like that.

OTOH, if you don't want to fuss too much about it, don't worry 🙂

May 29, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #32 of 34
Based on my limited experience, I suggest you try making it smaller in all dimensions. Ideally, keep what you have for a few weeks to get used to your current reference point, then try smaller pieces. Also try that smaller piece at the eyeline position as I have previously shown - this puts the air gap nearer the widest part of the cups, which may or may not be significant. Finally, go back to your original felt pads to see if you still like that. OTOH, if you don't want to fuss too much about it, don't worry 🙂

I found v2 ports working on the front / eyeglasses level or mids of cups ( it makes for more flat-angle directioning of drivers towards ears, + ports and more room on front side of pads : for sound )

Hekse ports work better on the back lower half( or just behind the ears )

In both cases , added thickness = quite minimal ( less then or near to 0.5mm.. or so )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back