Heed CanAmp
Nov 15, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #391 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana
That's the exact one. I don't remember the price as my invoice was put in the box that was shipped to someone else as well. I also have BlueJeans ICs, but I ordered this one for my imod in case I wanted to use the Heed at work.

I didn't ask Dan if he knew if they were all head-fiers or not, and I doubt he would share that information. It's just very disappointing.

Vicky, I just received the X-Can V2 I had sent to PinkFloyd to have him modify it. You know how much I love the stock V2 (specially since you can pick one up for $160 including S&H). Well the modded one is superb! Hope you and the rest of the gang can listen to it. Note: IMO I still say the Heed sounds better, even though after the mods the Heed is the cheaper unit.
blink.gif

Nov 15, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #392 of 2,784
You are coming to the 12/2 meet aren't you? I'm curious what effect the mods did. BTW, I may have a Darkvoice to add if it comes in time. In the price range, I think the three: the EC-SS, the Heed, and the Darkvoice are top options for the K340s, and if my suspicion is right, the Heed falls in the middle, both in price and in sound sig. Since John's sending his K340s off to Larry soon, we'll have three similar K340s and three interesting, small amps if another mini-meet is necessary.
340smile.gif
Well, this probably belongs to a different thread so I'll stop...

not to metion I have work to do
mad.gif

Didn't Vorlon1 get a CanAmp as well?

Nov 15, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #394 of 2,784
I e-mailed Blue Moon Audio (info@bluemoonaudio.com) and they have a couple in stock so get them while you can!
600smile.gif

Nov 15, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #396 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928
curious as to why you are selling Turbodock 5? I find it a marvelous product

No point in having a TURBOdock after I sell my E4's and Portaphile. My entire portable setup has to go to finance the purchase of the Canamp
600smile.gif

Nov 15, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #398 of 2,784
Yeah, I fell a victim to this thread too and gave Dan a call few weeks ago.. no idea when I'll actually have the amp (hopefully before Christmas) but I can hardly wait to get my hands on it. Reading through this thread couple times a day doesn't seem to help.

In my modest head-fi equipment collection this will be competing against H5, loser gets to come to work with me.

Nov 15, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #400 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928
I am confident the H5 will enjoy your workplace.

Yeah, no doubt. But I still feel like giving the poor thing a fighting chance. After all, it has served me well (definitely worth the $).

Nov 16, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #401 of 2,784
Could someone PM me Dan's e-mail address? The e-mail link on the site does not work for me (probably a problem with my browser not linked to my mail account).

THANKS

Nov 16, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #402 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator
Could someone PM me Dan's e-mail address? The e-mail link on the site does not work for me (probably a problem with my browser not linked to my mail account).

THANKS

ygpm

Nov 16, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #404 of 2,784
this thread made me get onboard for one of these amps. I hope its as good as you all say. Gotta wait 8 weeks though which isnt that big a deal seeing as bluemoonaudio had it available but for $60 more then Dan is selling em for. $60 bucks for 2 months
blink.gif

Nov 16, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #405 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by jada15
this thread made me get onboard for one of these amps. I hope its as good as you all say. Gotta wait 8 weeks though which isnt that big a deal seeing as bluemoonaudio had it available but for $60 more then Dan is selling em for. $60 bucks for 2 months
blink.gif

Yea well, actually my wait has been like 5 weeks...Being shipped out tommorow from Dan, he told me in our conversation today. ;-}

I can remember waiting about 2 months for the arrival of my HeadFive, having preordered and the anticipation makes the heart grow fonder. la la la.... In your case it'll be very much like waiting for Christmas ;-}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back