Heed CanAmp
Nov 16, 2006 at 10:03 AM Post #407 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen
Yea well, actually my wait has been like 5 weeks...Being shipped out tommorow from Dan, he told me in our conversation today. ;-}

I can remember waiting about 2 months for the arrival of my HeadFive, having preordered and the anticipation makes the heart grow fonder. la la la.... In your case it'll be very much like waiting for Christmas ;-}

Bill,
I am expecting a plethora of posts and pms once the Heed arrives. Make sure
you give it 75-100 hrs of "playtime". It really made a difference, as it did with the 701s. Best of luck w/it
Wayne

Nov 16, 2006 at 1:42 PM Post #408 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928
Bill,
I am expecting a plethora of posts and pms once the Heed arrives. Make sure
you give it 75-100 hrs of "playtime". It really made a difference, as it did with the 701s. Best of luck w/it
Wayne

I do have great hopes both our expectations will be met and I will post and vent my experiences here having my well regarded, trustworthy, HeadFive for comparison. Which, I might add, did also change in its balance of requencys, especially bass, over its initial 50 - 100 hour burn in period.

One concern I do have is with its delivery surviving shippment. Seems ALL of my postal parcels are opened with even some incedents of missing or damaged items. Dan says he has these amps insured. I will open it up and plug it in for a sound check, before the delivery guy leaves. A small price to pay for living in these days of terrorist amongst us I suppose...

Thanks again for the well wishes; And back atcha' big guy!

Bill

Nov 16, 2006 at 2:10 PM Post #409 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by munkong
Yeah.......................

dan mailed me
already to ship out

I paid the rest of money
I guess not more than 1 week

welcome Heed Canamp 220V.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wowowow!!! congratulation!!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #410 of 2,784
Bill, my Heed came in to New York unopened and untouched so I hope the same for you. The packaging was pristine, the hardest part was getting the protective
plastic off the beautiful black faceplate without scratching. Your excitement is palpable and I share it with you. This is one piece of equipment that really will
live up to the hype. Enjoy and post away

Nov 17, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #412 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
As I seat reading this posts I am listening to my K701 being driven by the Heed CanAmp and WOW! It is such a nice combo, I hope you all get as much pleasure out of it as I have.

Does it give the 701's a little 'body'?

I had the 701's with a PRII and while it was technically awesome, meaning everything sounded neutral and nothing was out of whack, but it just wasn't very involving or have some meat on it's bones if you know what I mean.
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #413 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordolindsay

I had the 701's with a PRII and while it was technically awesome, meaning everything sounded neutral and nothing was out of whack, but it just wasn't very involving or have some meat on it's bones if you know what I mean.
biggrin.gif

that's the problem i have with larocco's amps in general. they're fantastic looking, are technically solid and well-built...but they lack that musicality that i enjoy. pair the PRII with a headphone that is a bit on the analytic end like the k701 and you get gobs of detail at the expense of warmth and richness...just my 2 cents.

also look at the darkvoice, which many say sounds great with the k701.

Nov 17, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #414 of 2,784

that's the problem i have with larocco's amps in general. they're fantastic looking, are technically solid and well-built...but they lack that musicality that i enjoy. pair the PRII with a headphone that is a bit on the analytic end like the k701 and you get gobs of detail at the expense of warmth and richness...just my 2 cents.

You see, this is exactly what I have great hopes of resolving, that balance between the 701s ability and potential when (I believe) powered by a powerful class A amp, enter the HEED which also has some capacity for being the warmer side of neutral with its unique topopology... Presently I employ a tube preamp for that meat on the bones with musicality factor. So that is also another component I will have to try to tweak the signal imput to the Heed as an option... Fun to try to imagine and chat about, to kick about ideas and wonder... I should know better Monday when I initially hear it with the 701s ;-}

Nov 17, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #415 of 2,784
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Yes, it will have your feet taping!
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #416 of 2,784
I had an amusing argument with my 18 yr old son last night: He comes in and asks what I heard as, " how do you turn the heat on?", I responded with the normal thermostat directions and needless to say we went back and forth.
Heed and heat sound alike don't you think? Oh well, I'll write it off to knee surgery, pain killers and age.
Bill, Monday is right around the corner!!

Nov 17, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #417 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordolindsay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

I know I haven't heard the Heed and this is a thread on the Heed, but if you're looking for meat on the K701, you should go with a tube amp. Tube amps are like sex for the K701.
redface.gif

Nov 17, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #418 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know I haven't heard the Heed and this is a thread on the Heed, but if you're looking for meat on the K701, you should go with a tube amp. Tube amps are like sex for the K701.
redface.gif

Hmmm... Do you think you might flesh out this analogy for us ... How a tube amp is like sex between it and the 701s...

Do tube amps work well with the K1000, for instance, or maybe there is a bit more going on than we understand belonging to the tube amps exclusively; Or that maybe also crosses over to the Heed and Pass amps, like oh, I don't know, maybe being a Class A design perhaps and current supply? I honestly do not know, simply speculation and chat....

Nov 17, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #419 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tube amp. Tube amps are like sex for the K701.
redface.gif

rolleyes.gif

From what I have read K-701 need a lot of sex to drive them to their full potential, it's well known the K-701 enjoy plenty of sex
blink.gif

action-smiley-027.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back