Heed CanAmp
Nov 14, 2006 at 10:44 AM Post #376 of 2,784
The Canamp is clearly on their website so give them a ring. Hopefully, they have stock. The wait over here was 2.5 months for the first 8 people that ordered Glad to have been one of the very, very happy recipients). The next round
is on its way; orders after this 8 are in the mist

Nov 14, 2006 at 11:02 AM Post #377 of 2,784
Hi Sytner, sounds like they don't know the product that well
rolleyes.gif
. If you get no joy specifying the CanAmp then try phoning www.needles-and-spins.co.uk who knew what I was talking about straight away and I had it ordered and paid for in a matter of minutes.

Nov 14, 2006 at 11:31 AM Post #378 of 2,784
Right, got hold of them again, after telling him about 5 times I want the CanAmp not the Quasar... he got the message. A couple of days to get one in apparently, I'll believe it when I see it.
600smile.gif

Nov 14, 2006 at 1:04 PM Post #381 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sytner
Right, got hold of them again, after telling him about 5 times I want the CanAmp not the Quasar... he got the message. A couple of days to get one in apparently, I'll believe it when I see it.
600smile.gif

You never know, you might be lucky. The note I got back from Robert and tsource (UK distributor) was that they weren't expecting any more stock from Heed for 2-3 weeks which would then be distributed out to stores who had orders placed with them.

Nov 14, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #382 of 2,784
I have just turned the Heed off for the first time (5.5 days) after its break in.
I noticed that one or two early posts were concerned that it ran very warm to the touch. My amp only became luke warm at best, certainly within any desired temperature range. Actually it felt cooler than I had anticipated. This is a good
thing for amp longevity and all sonic/signature changes have stabilized with none really noted after about 75 hrs/

Nov 14, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #383 of 2,784
Head-Fiers,

just took the plunge and paypal'ed Dan the deposit for one of these.

On the specifications, does anyone know what the damping factor is? Just curious.

Cheers.

Nov 14, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #384 of 2,784
Hi. I've just got to say that I'm a bit sad. When Dan mailed out the first eight CanAmps (not sure if all to head-fiers), there was a mini to rca cable meant for me, put in the CanAmp box along with my invoice, and accidentally mailed to the wrong person in the rush to get them out quickly. He has since sent two separate emails to all. Although some kind folk have responded to say they didn't have it, others have not responded at all, and the missing cable and invoice have not been "found." I was hoping that it was a timing thing at first, but I'm pretty sure all have received theirs by now. It's no personal loss to me as Dan has said that he will replace it, but all circumstances considered--that Dan has been upstanding with us all, and is a small business owner, NOT a corporation, etc.--it's just pretty lousy that someone would basically...and knowingly (since the emails) steal from him. That's all. It's sad. It's at least good to know that Dan stands by his commitments.

EDIT: BTW, still loving the CanAmp with my K340s.

Nov 14, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #385 of 2,784
I,too, was very distressed by the iChord that is missing. I had hoped whomever received it in error would have done the right thing and returned it to Dan and then to you. Virtually every dealing I have had on these forums has been forthright and honest. This is neither.

Nov 15, 2006 at 1:16 AM Post #386 of 2,784
The drama continues...

So boomana what brand I/Cs did you order, at what price from Dan @ BlackBird Audio ? I'll be needing another set too. Although, I usually go with BlueJeans I/Cs, could save on shipping...

EDIT: iCord...Like this one for PC mini http://www.highendcable.co.uk/iChord.htm

And Dan doesn't know if all 8 were shiped to Head-Fi members or not? I suppose anyone could have stumbled upon this thread not being a member here, and said they were when they called Dan getting the discount for members. Then unfortunatly into their shipment box your I/Cs were sent... An unlucky unfortunate sad set of circumstances indeed !

Dan mention any news of the arrival of the second shipments to him in your calls ?

Nov 15, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #387 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by TKO
Head-Fiers,

just took the plunge and paypal'ed Dan the deposit for one of these.

On the specifications, does anyone know what the damping factor is? Just curious.

Cheers.

The only specs I have found are:

Technical Specifications:
Input Sensitivity/Impedance: 200 mV/10 kOhm
Power Output: 900 mW @ 8 Ohm
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 95dB
Distortion: <0,5% (900 mW/1 kHz)
Frequency Range: 10 Hz - 50 kHz (+/- 0,5dB)

Nov 15, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #388 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen
The drama continues...

So boomana what brand I/Cs did you order, at what price from Dan @ BlackBird Audio ? I'll be needing another set too. Although, I usually go with BlueJeans I/Cs, could save on shipping...

EDIT: iCord...Like this one for PC mini http://www.highendcable.co.uk/iChord.htm

And Dan doesn't know if all 8 were shiped to Head-Fi members or not? I suppose anyone could have stumbled upon this thread not being a member here, and said they were when they called Dan getting the discount for members. Then unfortunatly into their shipment box your I/Cs were sent... An unlucky unfortunate sad set of circumstances indeed !

Dan mention any news of the arrival of the second shipments to him in your calls ?

The latest information I have is:

Quote:

Hey guys!

Great news!!!

I just got off the phone with Bob. He's sending the balance of the 1st
Canamp orders to me, including the 220V version to me today. I'll get
them all by some time on Wednesday. Depending on the time of day that
they arrive, they will either all get sent that day or Thursday at the
absolute latest. That's my promise.

The remaining orders all seem to be pretty straight-forward so I'm just
going to shoot them out.
If there is an issue at all with my charging the balance of your orders
to your cards, please let me know.
I've got notes on invoices for those of you that wanted a heads up so I
hope this note is OK with you. As a safety net, I'll still call
and/or email individually to those of you that wanted that. The rest
will be charged up by Wed.

Thanks so much to all of you for such a great experience. It's been fun
following the threads, monitoring expectations and the first-impressions
from those that got amps from the first half of the order.

I hope that in the future, should you need anything else for your stereo
set-ups, that you'll remember me and give me another shot at working
with you again. I'll send another note when everything has gone out.

Kind regards,

Dan Muzquiz
Blackbird Audio/Gallery
619-449-2787
http://www.blackbirdaudio.com

Nov 15, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #389 of 2,784
Thanks for the heads up mrarroyo...

*Rushs off to BlueJeans to order I/Cs*

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
The lates information I have is:

Nov 15, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #390 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen
The drama continues...

That's the exact one. I don't remember the price as my invoice was put in the box that was shipped to someone else as well. I also have BlueJeans ICs, but I ordered this one for my imod in case I wanted to use the Heed at work.

I didn't ask Dan if he knew if they were all head-fiers or not, and I doubt he would share that information. It's just very disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back