Heed CanAmp
Feb 24, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #965 of 2,784
Hi all, I'm on the Moon Audio waitlist for a Heed and was wondering if anyone here could tell me how big the Heed is. I have a very small space that I'm planning to squeeze it into so I was wondering what the precise dimensions of the amp are. I've poked around the web with no luck and looked at the images here for some perspective but I'd really like some precise measurements.

thanks,
M__

Feb 24, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #966 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Shears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all, I'm on the Moon Audio waitlist for a Heed and was wondering if anyone here could tell me how big the Heed is. I have a very small space that I'm planning to squeeze it into so I was wondering what the precise dimensions of the amp are. I've poked around the web with no luck and looked at the images here for some perspective but I'd really like some precise measurements.

thanks,
M__

in cm... 9.5w 7h 25.5d. The height includes the rubber feet, and the depth includes the volume nob and input/output sockets. the width is the width of the faceplate, which is the widest part, the chassis is probably in the order of 0.5 cm narrower.

Feb 25, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #968 of 2,784
Has anyone placed an order for a CanAmp lately? If so, how long is the expected wait period? I don't mind waiting, it will let me save up more money and not feel so bad about such a purchase.
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #969 of 2,784
for you Ultrasone people? I am running the 750 with my Pimeta amp. It makes a world of a difference compared to default. But one thing that is a bit annoying. It can kind of make sound like you are in a sewer if you exaggerate a bit. I guess it´s what called "reverb"... Reminds of reverb effects in games...

Is this something you get when running these headphones amped you must run open not to get it. Or is some amps better then others in avoiding this?

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #970 of 2,784
A little incentive for those still waiting....
wink.gif

P1060078.jpg

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #971 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Muftobration /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone placed an order for a CanAmp lately? If so, how long is the expected wait period? I don't mind waiting, it will let me save up more money and not feel so bad about such a purchase.
tongue.gif

I just pulled the trigger today
icon10.gif
according to Dan (great guy, very fast reply), if order is placed today you probably will get it in April. Hopefully CanAmp is worth the wait
icon10.gif

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #972 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerowing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just pulled the trigger today
icon10.gif
according to Dan (great guy, very fast reply), if order is placed today you probably will get it in April. Hopefully CanAmp is worth the wait
icon10.gif

Hopefully? Have you read this thread?

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #973 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little incentive for those still waiting....
wink.gif

P1060078.jpg

I do not know if the thing on top does anything or not, but I got to have one! I love switches and knobs, specially if they have lit gauges.

What the heck is it?
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #974 of 2,784
T1951_big.jpg

This is Behringer T1951 4-band 2-channel parametric equalizer with "tube warming" circuit (pair of 12AX7 tubes, great for rolling). It does work great, with a pot you can select cold to warm sound - I reckon it just introduces more of the even harmonic distortion. Paired with SS amp I'm getting best of both worlds. Equalizer bit works fine too, of course it can be bypassed. Oh, and it has true balanced I/O, good for connecting it to balanced I/O on Zhaolu.

I love it, and it wasn't that expensive, from memory I paid $AU240.00 delivered.

And one close-up shot

P1060086.jpg

Feb 26, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #975 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Temple /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My order went in Nov and nothing has shipped yet...still waiting. I thought they were going to start shipping last Fri...

WOW.... that's starting to sound like the waiting time of a Xin amp! I hope you get yours soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back