Heed CanAmp
Feb 16, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #946 of 2,784
Yeah, I'm kinda new to this thing. I bit the bullet with the $124 HD580 on Amazon and now look how much I'm spending. Slippery slope indeed!

I'm just looking for a setup that I can use with maybe some K701 or 650 so maybe the HeadRoom DAC would be a good choice. Any other recommendations?

Feb 16, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #947 of 2,784
Hi

Just got some fresh news from the european Canamp supply chain : Alpar told me that a batch of Canamp should reach Frankfurt on Monday and soon be expedited. This means that a Canamp may be knocking at my door next week
eggosmile.gif

For those who already have tried and enjoyed the Canamp : did you notice a specific "sounding curve" evolution in the first days or weeks, like dw6928* and dexdeter did ? Are there some recommandations about a burn in process ?

*btw, I didn't understand what mean "sparkle"
confused.gif
- sorry about my poor english

Feb 16, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #949 of 2,784
I have had the Heed/ 650/701 group since the fall. The synergy is breathtaking. The veil on the 650s falls by the wayside, the "sterility" of the 701s fades, replaced by clarity
and magnificent upper and lower registers. I am one of the original Heed fans and to this day I cannot imagine a better $340 (old, old price) that I have ever spent on anything, in
this hobby or any other. PM me if you want more specifics.

Feb 16, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #951 of 2,784
My little Headroom prize. It, before the advent of the Heed was paired with the Microamp. The combination is their vaunted Microstack and with good reason. But a better amp sent the Microamp elsewhere. What did stay however is the Microdac. It is remarkable. It, whether connected optically or USB, really makes the Heed sing!. The level of improvement is far worth the money spent on the DAC. It is one of the best bangs for the buck out there. It is well made, well engineered and most of all makes everything connected to it better. Can't ask for more.

Feb 16, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #957 of 2,784
no experience with Dac-ah. many many positive threads on the Heed/650 or 701 synergy, not to mention my new favorite: Ultrasone Proline 2500s. My Heed just loves the Ultrasones.

Feb 21, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #960 of 2,784
I'm also interested in hearing whether the December orders are coming through. I put a down payment on the Mapletree Ear + Purist HD, but I may consider waiting on the Canamp for a separate system. The pain of the wait is intense, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back