Heed CanAmp
Dec 31, 2006 at 11:41 AM Post #751 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi again,
This 'Something Special about its presentation" I refer to is more akin to a very subtle enhanced ambiance factor (similar to DSP, but much much less) although not a crossfeed effect. Again, subtle yet noticable on certain material more so than others; and in that regard it is somewhat similar to Meiers crossfeed in that it is hardly noticable yet pleasurable to the presentation. Yet again, this is done with power and control over the drivers, which is appearent in terms of transient response and a fullness to the materials presentation. It simply sound GREAT as it was designed to intentionally!
Hope this is helpful in the effort to transpose into words what is being heard with the Heed CanAmp in my system with all my phones...
rs1smile.gif

I know !!

Could you make me up an mp3 file of how this amp sounds with K701s and email it to me ?
cool.gif
blink.gif

Eureka !!

Dec 31, 2006 at 11:49 AM Post #752 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have two questions about this amp.
1) Is he much better than the H5? (Would use him with a Beyer DT 990 05/250 Ohm)
2) Are the delivery times also that long in Europe? (The easiest way would probably be to get him via Germany, I think)

Cosmic Fool, you have PM!
280smile.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 12:28 PM Post #753 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by vo328 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked Kurt at Blue Moon Audio whether he has heard anything about any upcoming upgrades to the CanAmp, but he was unaware. I wonder if there is going to be an SE version sometime soon. I'd hate to get the amp, and then have an upgrade availabe within a few days/weeks. I guess that's a risk we all take when we get these components.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think you can rest easy, 328. As far as I can tell, a CanAmp SE is merely in the discussion stage at this point, especially since Heed are channeling their efforts into meeting the demand for the original while at the same time launching their new Obelisk integrated amplifier.

So I'd be pretty surprised if an upgraded CanAmp arrived before next Fall.

Jan 1, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #754 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Fool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have two questions about this amp.
1) Is he much better than the H5? (Would use him with a Beyer DT 990 05/250 Ohm)
2) Are the delivery times also that long in Europe? (The easiest way would probably be to get him via Germany, I think)

I did a comparison between the Heed and the H5. IMO the Heed came away as a better overall amp in soundstage, clarity, extension, quickness, and "layers".

Jan 1, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #755 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does it sound with the Senns...
Fantastic
Does it wake them up???
Yes
Is it bright enough to brighten them up???
Yes
Or, are the highs too rolled off???

NO

Jan 1, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #756 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What exit?
icon10.gif

Is it really THAT bad in N.J. these days???
Seriously, I'm sure Dan will even ship to New Jersey
icon10.gif
lol

Spoke with dan a little over a week ago, and this next shippment is due in any day now... Give him a call after the holidays...

Also somewhere in the latter half of this thread were mention of other U.S. distribuitors, though with a price of $400+S&H should you want it quicker, and that's only a maybe of course as the backup is at the production end....

Exit 8A, they do deliver garbage here pretty quick.
biggrin.gif

I think I might wait it out right now, since I don't have that much money. Just bought an HD595 for $176, hope it will go well with the Canamp.

Jan 1, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #760 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryn Alexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This amp has been hyped to hell and back.

Wayne had warned us sometime soon, someone would come along and p1ss on the parade....
biggrin.gif

You sound like a Bose investor....
cool.gif

Some people should not buy the Heed CanAmp...

There, feel better now
tongue.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #761 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryn Alexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This amp has been hyped to hell and back.

What exactly was the point of this post? And yes you made my prediction of
someone finally dissing the Heed come true? Thanks for letting him know Bill.

Jan 1, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #762 of 2,784
It's an observation. Nothing more. Nothing less. Wasn't supposed to be negative. Anyone truly wanting to go negative could've a long while ago, but unlike other hype threads this amp has been around a good while with respected opinions to back it up. I've ordered mine a good while ago, plus the parts to mod it (which is surprisingly easy, now that I've started soldering).

For those planning on doing mods, you can get the majority of stuff from digikey, who now stock the ELNA Silmic II's (35v 100uf. Look for the one that says RFS), so you might choose that over the cerafines.

Jan 1, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #763 of 2,784
Daryn Alexander;2596509 said:
It's an observation. Nothing more. Nothing less. Wasn't supposed to be negative. Anyone truly wanting to go negative could've a long while ago, but unlike other hype threads this amp has been around a good while with respected opinions to back it up. I've ordered mine a good while ago, plus the parts to mod it (which is surprisingly easy, now that I've started soldering).

Aaah...Gotcha; Just an observation...

How about offering your observations shared on the amp itself, before and after the modifications?... Those would be observations I as well as other readers would be interested in. Unless you might feel as though that may add to the "Hype" to hell and back...
rs1smile.gif

Thanks in advance
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #764 of 2,784
That's going to be the hardest wait of all. I have to burn in, record my observations, mod, burn in, and record. Again, mainly surprised at thread popularity and growth. I DID fail to elaborate, though. but it'd be against interest to go neg.

One of the reasons this amp is great IS the easy modification. Mere weeks ago, I knew nothing. It's really easy to do, for those reading. Don't be intimidated, especially with this layout.

Jan 2, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #765 of 2,784
I suppose the word "hype" was a bit of a flashpoint, Daryn, as it might imply promotion without direct experience or some ulterior agenda. This impressive thread, however, is filled with substantiated impressions from folks who have parted with their hard-earned and have been well-pleased by the CanAmp's performance. So it has indeed "lived up to the hype", as it were, in the very best sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back