Heed CanAmp
Dec 24, 2006 at 11:28 AM Post #721 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyway, in any language, if there is a translation for perfect, i would suggest inputting 'canamp' in that place.

Now, that couldn't be easier to understand!
280smile.gif

But seriously, shigzeo, I really do appreciate your earlier impressions and did read them through again. I certainly couldn't dream of posting in anything other than my native language, so I commend you for sharing your thoughts with us here. Please keep 'em coming!
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #723 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by vo328 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-fi got me again... Heed on the way.
frown.gif

How??? I can't find one for love or $$!!

Dec 29, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #724 of 2,784
I waited several months for the first round and was fabulously rewarded by
the best amp for the buck out there! Place your orders and hang in there.
I have not heard one ill comment yet (I'm sure someone will have to spoil the party someday)

Dec 29, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #725 of 2,784
Hanging in there.
smily_headphones1.gif
I see lots of mod activity for the CanAmp, and am wondering how long it'll take before the modbug makes me open 'er up and start changing caps...

Dec 29, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #727 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I waited several months for the first round and was fabulously rewarded by
the best amp for the buck out there! Place your orders and hang in there.
I have not heard one ill comment yet (I'm sure someone will have to spoil the party someday)

rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #728 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
let it impress you with its original design for a good long while before tinkering.

For sure. I fully plan to really understand the sound signature of this amp before I decide on modding. Knowing myself, it's inevitable though, at some point. For now, my HR Micro + HD650 are going continue making sweet sounds together until their new friend arrives.
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #729 of 2,784
Quote:

For sure. I fully plan to really understand the sound signature of this amp before I decide on modding. Knowing myself, it's inevitable though, at some point. For now, my HR Micro + HD650 are going continue making sweet sounds together until their new friend arrives.
biggrin.gif

i think i am the first 'canadian' to have gotten a heed, i could be wrong though... a wait that was more worthwhile than any i have weltered under before. alpar was a genious to deal with - took about 2 weeks longer than he hoped, but receiving it was receiving 3 more speakers in the rear and side of my dt880. market speak '3d soundstage'... experiencial and listening speak: '3d soundstage, bass that you could just suck on for a while and that damn sexy black sheer'... it is as good as you have read, just keep on salivating because no manner of saying 'it won't be as good as they say' will prepare you for how good it really is...

enjoy it alls

Dec 30, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #730 of 2,784
ah you guys are killing me. i ordered mine 11/3 through dan at blackbird audio. last word from dan last week was that the still hadn't left heed, but should any day. the wait is killing me. but i will say that dan has been a pleasure. he sends out occasional emails to inform us waiters that he's still on top of things and will ship out as soon as he receives. that's one thing i've been really pleased about with this forum, every business i've found through this site has top-notch customer service.

Dec 30, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #731 of 2,784
I've really gotten used to the crossfeed on my HR Micro and am wondering how this will affect my impression of the Heed. Anyone care to comment?

Dec 30, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #732 of 2,784
Quote:

I've really gotten used to the crossfeed on my HR Micro and am wondering how this will affect my impression of the Heed. Anyone care to comment?

I would believe, this would be a very personal sensitivity; Personally, I have the feature on the HeadFive, although I understand its implimentation is softer/slighter crossfeed than headrooms, I don't miss it at all. this would also be recording dependant also, of course even when its used...

I know Wayne had the micro stack, and perhaps he will chime in better than I with your model specifically.

I do know what PinkFloyd meant now, when he reported the heed has almost a DSP quality to its sonic presentation, which is very unique... There really is something special about its presentation other than its power and control over the drivers with alot left on the volume pot ... It really does need to be heard to be appreciated. I gladly give up the crossfade in exchange...
cool.gif

Hope this helps some~

Dec 30, 2006 at 2:07 PM Post #733 of 2,784
As Bill posted, I had the Microstack and the crossfeed. My Heed gives me
so much more that I truly never miss any crossfeed. When I had the H5 (an excellent amp by the way w/701s!), I used the crossfeed but it was of no real consequence to my enjoyability. I know I sound like a broken record, but everytime I plug a different set of headphones into the Heed (in my case 701s and 650s) it just brings out the best that headphone is known for. Never once have I "been looking for something" the Heed does not provide. Those who are waiting (I waited 2 months on the first shipment) keep reading this huge thread over and over until they arrive. I think I read PinkFloyd and Mrarroyo's early post a hundred times until the amp arrived!

Dec 30, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #734 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would believe, this would be a very personal sensitivity; Personally, I have the feature on the HeadFive, although I understand its implimentation is softer/slighter crossfeed than headrooms, I don't miss it at all. this would also be recording dependant also, of course even when its used...

I know Wayne had the micro stack, and perhaps he will chime in better than I with your model specifically.

I do know what PinkFloyd meant now, when he reported the heed has almost a DSP quality to its sonic presentation, which is very unique... There really is something special about its presentation other than its power and control over the drivers with alot left on the volume pot ... It really does need to be heard to be appreciated. I gladly give up the crossfade in exchange...
cool.gif

Hope this helps some~

Could it be that the Heed adds its own 'crosfeed' due to some (unintentional) channel crosstalk ?
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back