Heed CanAmp
Dec 30, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #736 of 2,784
I don't think theres any channel crosstalk - I just played an old 60s stereo album (Bob Dylan's self titled) and it remained as unlistenable as ever, with his voice all the way on the leftside
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #738 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by jirams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could it be that the Heed adds its own 'crosfeed' due to some (unintentional) channel crosstalk ?
plainface.gif

Hi again,
This 'Something Special about its presentation" I refer to is more akin to a very subtle enhanced ambiance factor (similar to DSP, but much much less) although not a crossfeed effect. Again, subtle yet noticable on certain material more so than others; and in that regard it is somewhat similar to Meiers crossfeed in that it is hardly noticable yet pleasurable to the presentation. Yet again, this is done with power and control over the drivers, which is appearent in terms of transient response and a fullness to the materials presentation. It simply sound GREAT as it was designed to intentionally!
Hope this is helpful in the effort to transpose into words what is being heard with the Heed CanAmp in my system with all my phones...
rs1smile.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #739 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi again,
This 'Something Special about its presentation" I refer to is more akin to a very subtle enhanced ambiance factor (similar to DSP, but much much less) although not a crossfeed effect. Again, subtle yet noticable on certain material more so than others; and in that regard it is somewhat similar to Meiers crossfeed in that it is hardly noticable yet pleasurable to the presentation. Yet again, this is done with power and control over the drivers, which is appearent in terms of transient response and a fullness to the materials presentation. It simply sound GREAT as it was designed to intentionally!
Hope this is helpful in the effort to transpose into words what is being heard with the Heed CanAmp in my system with all my phones...
rs1smile.gif

I expect to be able to hear a sample of this much applauded amp soon. I hope all this adulation is totally wrong and exagerated, otherwise my finances may be challenged again
blink.gif

Dec 30, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #741 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi again,
rs1smile.gif

Well, let me join in on this lovefest for the CanAmp. I am listening to it right now feed from the Sony SCD-CE595 which I recommend as well for SACD as well as plain vanilla CDs (bought the CD player for $75 reconditioned.) I also listen to audio ripped lossless from my Mac G5 and it sounds great as well that way. I also had a H5 which sounded good as well, but once I met the CanAmp, it was love at first listen. With my well broken-in AKG 701's this amp does wonders with jazz, female and male vocalists, New Age, Folk and Classical. Also works for Rock and Pop, but less of a fan of those genres as I age... I am so much a fan of this amp that I am thinking of buying another for use at home, as I use this one at work in the studio.

I dont think that there is an ounce of flab or hype in this amp. It doesnt need crossfeed for some reason that escapes me technically but not sonically. It wakes up the 701's and makes them perform the music like you are right there in the front row. Well done, Heed.

Dec 30, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #742 of 2,784
How does it sound with the Senns...

Does it wake them up???

Is it bright enough to brighten them up???

Or, are the highs too rolled off???

Dec 31, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #743 of 2,784
let's put it this way: for a long time all I heard about Sennheiser/HD650 was this "veil". You run your Sennheisers out of a Heed and veil is not in your vocabulary.
Yes it brightens them up but not to the point of harshness. The Heed does nothing in excess, as I have posted ad nauseum, it only makes whatever headphone it is mated with sound to its absolute best potential/

Dec 31, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #744 of 2,784
Where can I buy it from in the US? And how much much is it?

Dec 31, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #747 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dan @ www.blackbirdaudio.com....I believe it is $360 now. There is a fairly long
delivery time due to demand.

That sucks, the long wait time that is. But will he ship to NJ?

Dec 31, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #748 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slides /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sucks, the long wait time that is. But will he ship to NJ?

What exit?
icon10.gif

Is it really THAT bad in N.J. these days???
Seriously, I'm sure Dan will even ship to New Jersey
icon10.gif
lol

Spoke with dan a little over a week ago, and this next shippment is due in any day now... Give him a call after the holidays...

Also somewhere in the latter half of this thread were mention of other U.S. distribuitors, though with a price of $400+S&H should you want it quicker, and that's only a maybe of course as the backup is at the production end....

Dec 31, 2006 at 11:01 AM Post #749 of 2,784
I have two questions about this amp.
1) Is he much better than the H5? (Would use him with a Beyer DT 990 05/250 Ohm)
2) Are the delivery times also that long in Europe? (The easiest way would probably be to get him via Germany, I think)

Dec 31, 2006 at 11:27 AM Post #750 of 2,784
I want to thank everyone who has addressed my concerns so far, and have to say that I'm really feeling comfortable with my decision to get the Heed. It seems to be the ideal fit from everything I've read so far, and I hope to report back once I've received it with a very positive review. It's being portrayed almost as a sonic superstar.
smily_headphones1.gif
I cannot wait.

I asked Kurt at Blue Moon Audio whether he has heard anything about any upcoming upgrades to the CanAmp, but he was unaware. I wonder if there is going to be an SE version sometime soon. I'd hate to get the amp, and then have an upgrade availabe within a few days/weeks. I guess that's a risk we all take when we get these components.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back