Heed CanAmp
Aug 19, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #2,476 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWysokinski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, no turntable at home
frown.gif
I'm a digital man (Apple lossless and CDs).. tweaking a vinyl setup is rather time-consuming and I am to clumsy to do it properly..

Cheers,
Adam

Whoops! Guess I misread it "(In search of space, LP)" I took LP for being just that, a Long Play - vinyl. lol. Sorry for the confusion.

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #2,477 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Cucuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoops! Guess I misread it "(In search of space, LP)" I took LP for being just that, a Long Play - vinyl. lol. Sorry for the confusion.

No need to be sorry, it's my fault
regular_smile .gif
Though I don't have a vinyl source, I'd love to have one - I just love the look of Michell Gyro SE (http://www.michell-engineering.co.uk...ell_gyrose.jpg)
redface.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #2,479 of 2,784
Quote:

Oh... we had one of those that came through our shop on consignment. Did not last long...

It's beautiful
redface.gif
Not surprising that it didn't last long.. BTW what that yellowish LP might be?

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #2,480 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWysokinski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's beautiful
redface.gif
Not surprising that it didn't last long.. BTW what that yellowish LP might be?

That's The Cranberries : "To The Faithful Departed". I have several colored vinyl LPs and some picture discs. They make for a little something "different" when I'm taking photos for posting ads.

Here is the same system but with an Oracle Turntable. The picture disc on this 'table is Spinal Tap's "Break Like The Wind".

Oracle.JPG

For the rest of you on this thread, sorry I've gone off topic... LOL... but I like this stuff

Aug 19, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #2,481 of 2,784
Quote:

That's The Cranberries : "To The Faithful Departed". I have several colored vinyl LPs and some picture discs. They make for a little something "different" when I'm taking photos for posting ads.

Here is the same system but with an Oracle Turntable.

For the rest of you on this thread, sorry I've gone off topic... LOL... but I like this stuff

The Cranberries - great album and it also looks good
redface.gif
And your setups look great too.

To avoid complete OT, Loreena McKennit (An Ancient Muse) sounds great through CanAmp - comparing to Sugden Headmaster - her voice is crystal-clear and instruments are also very well separated, there is a great deal of details (but it doesn't sound analytical), while CanAmp is definitely less airy, meaning that all this space that K701 are famous for is filled with music, as if it was more "solid"..
k701smile.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #2,482 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALIENTE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, may I just ask a survey (sort of a summary):
1. Is Heed Canamp good/better/best with Sennhesier?
2. Is Heed Canamp good/better/best with Grado?
3. Is Heed Canamp good/better/best with AKG?
4. Is Heed Canamp good/better/best with Denon?
5. Is Heed Canamp good/better/best with _______ (other brand)?

Cos it seems that the Heed Canamp is an amp that matches most of the headphone brands...Fellow headfiers, may I confirm from you.

Thank you.

1-4 none of them except for soundstage all of them
wink.gif
. K701 I would go for but I like it more on the Slee Solo like my other headphones.

As for 5. Ultrasone Proline 750 was great with it. Even though I sometimes missed the punchy fast bass from my Pimeta. But I learned to like the Canamp more after getting used to it... Again soundstaging.

Aug 19, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #2,483 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALIENTE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2. Is Heed Canamp good/better/best with Grado?
3. Is Heed Canamp good/better/best with AKG?

Ad 2. I've listened to G1000 through CanAmp and apart from highs (esp. with female vocals) and unrealistically large space, I liked this combo very much (bass was fenomenal). I don't know these Grados well, so cannot say if the problem with highs was caused by CanAmp or this is how high frequencies are presented by Grados.
Ad 3. It sounds fabulous with K701. I'm listening to "The boatman's call" right now and Nick Cave's voice has this absolutely unreal velvet-like smoothness and sounds really dark, just as it should
k701smile.gif

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #2,484 of 2,784
Funny thing.. In general I don't believe in burning-in of equipment (maybe there are some changes, but are not substantial), but yesterday for some unknown reason my Canamp sounded much worse than for the first two-three days.. Today morning, before going to work I've turned on The Rush (Moving pictures) that I bought yesterday (just to listen to the first track (which is really brilliant) and... was late to work
k701smile.gif
After returning from work I've already listened to The Rush, Equinoxe by JMJ, Pre-Millenium Tension by Tricky and now I'm listening to Rick Wakeman's Journey to the Center of the Earth (fantastic album).. everything sounds fantastic again
k701smile.gif

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #2,485 of 2,784
I bought my Canamp to be used with K701s, but I actually like my new Denon D2000s better with it - maybe more about me liking the fuller sound than synergy
smily_headphones1.gif

The K701/Canamp combo does offer a very nice soundstage and a clear sound, but still I think the K701s are lacking in the bass-department. A 'lil bit of EQ does wonders, though. I wonder why so few are using (or speak about) EQ to tame the unwanted frequencies... Why is that?

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #2,486 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by sikki-six /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... - maybe more about me liking the fuller sound than synergy
smily_headphones1.gif

there is always something to running with what you like. That's what's most important.
Glad to hear you like the amp.

Happy listening!

Dan

Aug 27, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #2,487 of 2,784
Thanks.

I first had doubts about my hearing, because both the Canamp and the Denons are usually concidered "bass-heavy" (slight EQ did wonders) - as time went by, I got used the great sound this duo offers, I guess I'm happy. At least for a while
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #2,490 of 2,784
mrarroyo;5967162 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sikki-six /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought my Canamp to be used with K701s, but I actually like my new Denon D2000s better with it - maybe more about me liking the fuller sound than synergy
smily_headphones1.gif
... QUOTE]

I will have to listen to the Heed w/ my Denon's.
wink.gif

Have you ever listened to your canamp with the Grado 325is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back