HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Oct 6, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #4,261 of 4,472
So, könnte ich "vielleicht sogar" get an answer "straight from the horse's mouth" as the saying goes? Was gibt's? Have you solved the dynamics /distortion problems over V1? And also is it designed as a studio tool to be used only in the Synthetic Pop and Rock genres? Oder ist es "sogar" a highly resolving and very neutral and transparent low distortion over its entire frequency range, HIFI product also with large scale unamplified symphonic music?
Your choice of music in that Promo Video was disappointing to say the least.

Cheers CC
Hey yes I can confirm lower distortion especially around certain areas where HP1 was a bit on the sensible side (like 900Hz for example). But also a much better control of inner body / cup resonances. Well noted on the music (I had doubts myself tbh :zipper_mouth:)

Oct 6, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #4,263 of 4,472
Great to have one of the developers here on board! :)
A question from my side, can you explain why there is this bass "rolloff" which looks not like a rolloff more like a step down in the bass response.
Is this intentional or more due to restrictions in the overall/general design?

this is not an issue to me because of the low distortion in the bass it can be easily equalized. :)

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #4,265 of 4,472
Hey yes I can confirm lower distortion especially around certain areas where HP1 was a bit on the sensible side (like 900Hz for example). But also a much better control of inner body / cup resonances. Well noted on the music (I had doubts myself tbh :zipper_mouth:)
Danke Ich habe nur noch eine Frage . Ist V2 also ganz Wagnertauglich?
Cheers CC

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #4,267 of 4,472
Das musst Du wirklich selbst herausfinden! Ich denke: Ja :)
Thanks again, I definitely will, when I get an opportunity to audition HEDDV2. Reassuring to read about your musical background and reference points . I hope that with you I would not have to argue what the term HIFI actually means as with some "audiophiles" on other threads here?
Cheers CC

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #4,268 of 4,472
The difference is huge. To this day HEDDphone TWO has fit everyone who came along to listen, event giant heads as recently encountered in both London and LA (and several places in between). :raised_hands:

Thanks. We were actually referring to the older and newer revisions of HEDDphone ONE though, when you made the handband extensions a little longer.

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #4,269 of 4,472
Phew, let me grab a coffee first :relaxed:

@freddyknop any thoughts on the jv review ?
I really respect Joshua and think he is excellent at what he is doing, but of course I was super surprised, and so was everyone working at HEDD. I think we owe it to the situation to find out, if his unit had some sort of a driver-related (or tuning) issue. That's doing our homework. We will certainly accept his verdict, no bad feelings at all.

The thing that truly matters to us: Since Can Jam London we showed HEDDphone TWO to literally hundreds of people (from super-sophisticated audiophiles to Grammy- and Oscar-winning engineers and composers) with overall excellent feedback regarding both the sonic improvements and comfort. Of course, that doesn't mean that people are always crazy excited - some people addressed the bass roll-off and would love more weight / body in that area, others miss a little bit of the voluminous / majestic stage of the OG. But overall, the last months have been quite frankly wonderful and reassuring for us. I remain very optimistic and hopeful. Cheers!

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #4,270 of 4,472
I really respect Joshua and think he is excellent at what he is doing, but of course I was a super surprised, and so was everyone working at HEDD. I think we owe it to the situation to find out, if his unit had some sort of a driver-related (or tuning) issue. That's doing our homework. We will certainly accept his verdict, no bad feelings at all.

The thing that truly matters to us: Since Can Jam London we showed HEDDphone TWO to literally hundreds of people (from super-sophisticated audiophiles to Grammy- and Oscar-winning engineers and composers) with overall excellent feedback regarding both the sonic improvements and comfort. Of course, that doesn't mean that people are always crazy excited - some people addressed the bass roll-off and would love more weight / body in that area, others miss a little bit of the voluminous / majestic stage of the OG. But overall, the last months have been quite frankly wonderful and reassuring for us. I remain very optimistic and hopeful. Cheers!
That's one classy response to a bad review, kudos to you

Oct 6, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #4,271 of 4,472
After watching JV's video, while not agreeing with some of the things he says, I can see why he would think the headphone isnt to his liking.

Personally, my favourite headphones at the show of London. While I like well done treble, no matter how dark or bright something sounds, this headphone just has something about it that made me go into pure bliss haha. The speed and detailing was making me genuinely enjoy the headphone. While it did have dark or flat in terms of a frequency response treble, I usually hate that if its too dark. But this was just lovely. I normally also dislike planar's, I have only come across a few that I did in fact enjoy. Now I understand this is an AMT, not planar, but you get the idea.

Im a sucker for good design, and headphones ergonomically is often overlooked. The fact you can adjust clamp and fit is absolutely nuts. This to me is hd600 level of design because that headphone is a completely screwless design. While the hedd v2 has screws, it's the implamentation of the headband that makes it up there.

I'm trying not to shill, there are things I would hope for to be fixed such as the crinkling of the driver (which is normal, just could see it being annoying for some) and also trying to get the correct fit but that can be easily resolved with some self figuring out of the headband. But I am a huge sucker for good design, this is an example! Just doing something new for the better is what makes me love this hobby.

It was weird when jv criticisized the head band adjustment mechanism because that seems to be a genius system.
I really respect Joshua and think he is excellent at what he is doing, but of course I was a super surprised, and so was everyone working at HEDD. I think we owe it to the situation to find out, if his unit had some sort of a driver-related (or tuning) issue. That's doing our homework. We will certainly accept his verdict, no bad feelings at all.

Well said sir. My respect for hedd has gone up.

Oct 7, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #4,272 of 4,472
I gave the Heddphone 2 a good listen at Canjam London and certainly didn't feel I was missing any bass with Trentmoller :L3000: was one of the best sounding headphones at the show for me! Also the Hedd team were some of the friendliest i chatted with. Heddphone 2 is on my radar for sure.

Oct 7, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #4,273 of 4,472
I gave the Heddphone 2 a good listen at Canjam London and certainly didn't feel I was missing any bass with Trentmoller :L3000: was one of the best sounding headphones at the show for me! Also the Hedd team were some of the friendliest i chatted with. Heddphone 2 is on my radar for sure.
Thanks, that’s wonderful to hear!

Oct 7, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #4,275 of 4,472
Correct me if wrong but don't most dynamic headphones have a bit of bass roll off? Sennheiser HD800S, Beyerdynamic DT880, even the Focal Clear rolls off in the sub-bass... (edit - Final Audio D8K Pro, a $5K planar headphone...)
Granted the HEDD 2 is AMT but especially when chasing the speaker sound, a bit of roll-off is normal? And not like the bass can't be boosted via tube amp (or even the GSX-Mini) or a nice beefy copper cable...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back