HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Oct 25, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #4,291 of 4,478
Awesome in-depth review as always! Haven't heard the V2 but from your review it seems that everything's been vastly improved except for tonality and I also agree that for a lot of eq-shunning audiophiles tonality is king..
HEDD V1 was spot on for me tonality wise especially because of its similarity to the Hifiman Susvara:
1698252723258.pngWith notable differences being the 6k cavern, which can bother some, and the 15k+ brightness which is not nice for young people.

It seems to me that for people with strong necks and small heads the V2 might be a sidegrade not an upgrade, but I'll have to listen to V2 myself at some point to confirm :)

Yeah if there's one thing I could never complain about with HEDD1, it's the tonality.

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #4,292 of 4,478
NM

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #4,293 of 4,478
Nov 12, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #4,295 of 4,478
one thing i have not seen by any reviewer is how hard is this headphone to drive. 89db efficiency is very low even though it is a 40ohm headphone. is this a hard headphone to drive?

Nov 12, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #4,296 of 4,478
one thing i have not seen by any reviewer is how hard is this headphone to drive. 89db efficiency is very low even though it is a 40ohm headphone. is this a hard headphone to drive?
I don't know what reviews you've read but most of them mention that while you can get the Hedds loud out of most devices it takes a proper amp with a lot of current to make them sing!

Nov 12, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #4,298 of 4,478
Yeah if there's one thing I could never complain about with HEDD1, it's the tonality.

Tonality on this HP is amongst the best you can get, not to mention HEDD1's ability to render fine detail, layer sounds and the sheer speed it brings to the equation. I luv this set.

Nov 12, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #4,299 of 4,478
I have the Heddphone1.
My Artemis headamp which is unity gain class A can hardly drive it. Normal sound levels take the volume control almost to max.
My Xduoo TA-20+ which is a hybrid tube/class A has no problem with it at all. Volume control at 50%.

Nov 13, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #4,301 of 4,478
With some power and EQ these things push some air and give you a good head massage. Definitely a basshead headphone after some EQ tweaking!
When bass tweaking, how much damage is there to the purity of the sound? I have never found a headphone where the bass shelf is raised and there is not some damage to the overall transparency- however small...

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #4,302 of 4,478
With some power and EQ these things push some air and give you a good head massage. Definitely a basshead headphone after some EQ tweaking!
EQ is essentially a set of frequency filters, each of which introduces its own distortion, as a result of which the separation of the stage and instruments suffers, that is, we deliberately introduce distortion into the track and the music becomes a little different from what it was intended.

Nov 13, 2023 at 4:12 AM Post #4,303 of 4,478
I'm very happy to hear that :)

Nov 13, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #4,304 of 4,478
Any more personal reviews of the Hedd two? So far- from everything I have heard- things sound pretty bad. Even those who have good things to say about the heddphone two clearly point out their disappointment in the faults- wheather tonality, sub bass, or soundstage.

I'd appreciate more comments from audiophiles about the sound. I loved the One- but hated the comfort. I really waited for the two with high expectations. We are not "mixers", we are audiophiles.

But honestly- many complained about the One having poor bass- and I did not find this an issue at all. It was so lush and full bodied in the low end to my ears. I also liked the One's slightly dark tonality. I understand the two is darker- so maybe Ill like this. Regarding the softness, the one was also a bit soft- but it was that delicacy which made it special. I just dont know how to react to all the luke-warm reviews.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back