HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Oct 2, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #4,201 of 4,488
Honestly, to me you are speaking nonsense right now. I would never even notice this if you wouldn't mention.
why is it nonsense to care about getting something undamaged? don't really understand what you're trying to say here

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #4,203 of 4,488
Because I don't see where the damage is.
gee, I wonder where the damage is?
well maybe you'd realize it was damage if you took a look at the many photos of different people's HEDDphones which were uploaded to this thread
which DON'T have those "seams" of yours

i mean it's pretty obvious they're not supposed to be there

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #4,205 of 4,488
Well, contact HEDD support and/or return them. What's the problem? You obviously will be happier without them, since these "damages" are bothering you so much.
well that's what I'm going to do. I don't have a problem with returning them.
i'm simply disputing your claim that "it's not damage"; not sure what I did to offend you

Oct 2, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #4,206 of 4,488
well that's what I'm going to do. I don't have a problem with returning them.
i'm simply disputing your claim that "it's not damage"; not sure what I did to offend you
To me it's not a damage, but just a seam, like glued/welded two plastic parts. Don't see it as a crack or anything like that. And like I said earlier, would never even paid attention to this if you wouldn't mention. I am not looking at my headphones, but listening the music.

Oct 2, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #4,207 of 4,488
To me it's not a damage, but just a seam, like glued/welded two plastic parts. Don't see it as a crack or anything like that. And like I said earlier, would never even paid attention to this if you wouldn't mention. I am not looking at my headphones, but listening the music.

You're a dunce. It IS a crack and you're being purposefully obtuse about it. Stop giving someone a hard time for having a brand new broken product.

@Asterisk3095 Those cracks happened a lot during the 2019-2020 production models I think, when they had a run of poorer quality plastics, but I'm quite surprised it happened on your new production pair. My first pair developed them and....just checked, my current pair that I bought two years later doesn't after several months.

I'd also agree that your drivers shouldn't crinkle just moving your head. Once it's settled into position and you aren't moving it, it should remain silent. Crinkling is caused by the sealing and unsealing of the earpads on your head causing changes in air pressure. The drivers are being pushed by the air (like a suction) but again, as long as you keep the seal and they aren't moving, you shouldn't be hearing crinkling.

Oct 2, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #4,208 of 4,488
Oct 2, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #4,210 of 4,488
alright yeah thanks! quick question: I sent a message over HEDD Audio's website; is that the correct course of action, or is there a specific email I need to send a message to?

also, any info about those hairline cracks in the earcups I mentioned? here's a picture of what i'm talking about (crack is circled)1696249591493.png

i'm actually not sure those are cracks but would be curious what the response is from hedd audio.

Oct 2, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #4,211 of 4,488
i'm actually not sure those are cracks but would be curious what the response is from hedd audio.
Almost certainly a crack. A seam would go all the way across and would be a straight line.

Oct 2, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #4,212 of 4,488
Just had a chance to compare them at CanJam this weekend! HEDD V1 has superior soundstage, bass punch/slam, and has a better timbre. HEDD V2 is more neutral, sounds "cleaner", and won't give you a headache from wearing it. V1 seems maybe slightly harder to drive than V2

Damn seems they screwed up v2.

Oct 2, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #4,213 of 4,488
just checked my pair and I have exactly the same crack/seam at exactly the same spot. What makes me think that maybe it's a feature not a bug is that it appears exactly in the middle of the earcup. On the other hand it's only on the front of the left driver and not both..

Oct 2, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #4,214 of 4,488
just checked my pair and I have exactly the same crack/seam at exactly the same spot. What makes me think that maybe it's a feature not a bug is that it appears exactly in the middle of the earcup. On the other hand it's only on the front of the left driver and not both..
I do not have these cracks on any of the 4 places on my Hedd and I would consider it a crack/defect if I did:

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Oct 2, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #4,215 of 4,488
You're a dunce. It IS a crack and you're being purposefully obtuse about it. Stop giving someone a hard time for having a brand new broken product.

@Asterisk3095 Those cracks happened a lot during the 2019-2020 production models I think, when they had a run of poorer quality plastics, but I'm quite surprised it happened on your new production pair. My first pair developed them and....just checked, my current pair that I bought two years later doesn't after several months.

I'd also agree that your drivers shouldn't crinkle just moving your head. Once it's settled into position and you aren't moving it, it should remain silent. Crinkling is caused by the sealing and unsealing of the earpads on your head causing changes in air pressure. The drivers are being pushed by the air (like a suction) but again, as long as you keep the seal and they aren't moving, you shouldn't be hearing crinkling.
Thank you! Suspecting that it is a early production unit because the headband also doesn't extend very far. I didn't buy this unit through HEDD Audio either; bought it through The Source AV's store (because they were pretty heavily discounted at $1100 (yes, The Source AV is an authorized retailer of HEDD Audio). The rep for their store said they only had 2 left and they were trying to get rid of them

Also just to confirm, how should I be contacting HEDD for a replacement? I created a "ticket on their website through something called "Zendesk", but idk if there's an actual support email adress I could use

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back