HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Jan 4, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #406 of 4,481
If what I read on the interwebs is correct,it weighs over 700 grams(!!!!) and has a sensitivity of 87. For reference,the original HE-6 has a sensitivity of 83. Im guessing a mega amp will be needed to make these sound good.

Jan 4, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #407 of 4,481
If what I read on the interwebs is correct,it weighs over 700 grams(!!!!) and has a sensitivity of 87. For reference,the original HE-6 has a sensitivity of 83. Im guessing a mega amp will be needed to make these sound good.
That around the spec of Abyss 1266 and I'm using gsx-mini and it plays perfectly. So you would need powerful amp in the 1000-2000 range.

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #408 of 4,481
@Resolve I just finished watching your YouTube video about it. Welp, now I’m a little worried about the fit with these. My head might be bigger than yours, if you are having issues then this might not fit my larger than normal head. What’s with the Germans engineering such small headphones. I had this issue with the Ultrasone edition 8. It didn’t fit and I had to sell it off. People definitely need to keep that in mind.

One positive for me is that I have an amp that will drive the bananas off of these with ease. Canjam it is for me.

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #409 of 4,481
@Resolve I just finished watching your YouTube video about it. Welp, now I’m a little worried about the fit with these. My head might be bigger than yours, if you are having issues then this might not fit my larger than normal head. What’s with the Germans engineering such small headphones. I had this issue with the Ultrasone edition 8. It didn’t fit and I had to sell it off. People definitely need to keep that in mind.

One positive for me is that I have an amp that will drive the bananas off of these with ease. Canjam it is for me.

I'm told they may actually be releasing a new headband with more extension, and if someone finds it's too short they may replace it with a longer one.

EDIT: this is just speculation at this point, not confirmed.

Last edited:
headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 4, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #410 of 4,481
I'm told they may actually be releasing a new headband with more extension, and if someone finds it's too short they'll replace it with a longer one.
Would someone be able to purchase the larger one before they buy it? So it comes with the bigger headband. Thanks for the heads-up regarding fitment.

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #411 of 4,481
I hope not, as that would make no damn sense.......A TOTL, open, wireless HP. As it is, many are still trying to figure out the use case for the Ananda BT.

It's what has been circulating on the Hifiman Susvara thread.

The Kinki Vision THR-1 sounds like the perfect solution to drive this baby.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #412 of 4,481
It's what has been circulating on the Hifiman Susvara thread.

The Kinki Vision THR-1 sounds like the perfect solution to drive this baby.
Price-wise that wireless Susvara jr is like $300 bucks. I don’t think that’s the Susvara jr. Not at that price.

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #413 of 4,481
Price-wise that wireless Susvara jr is like $300 bucks. I don’t think that’s the Susvara jr. Not at that price.
True, I don't think Hifiman would ever attach the Susvara name to anything less than $1K let alone the $300 range.

Just hope this ergonomics issues (Heavy weight, fit) doesn't put a big damper on the whole HEDDphone thing.

Jan 4, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #414 of 4,481
I tried the Abyss 1266 Phi and Diana, Empyrean and HEDDphone on the same day at the last SoCal CanJam; though on different systems and for me both the Rad-0 from Rosson Audio and HEDDphone had distinctive merits above all others in many aspects; the Rad-0 having a solid spot for that vivid, lush, vibrant and especially hard-hitting rhythmic presentation, and the HEDDphone standing head & shoulders above almost all in terms of detail, speed, resolution and 'layering' (seemingly infinite ability to reproduce complex layers in the recording). I liked the Abyss 1266 but was just not a fan of the semi-fitting design and although it was certainly resolving I just never had the 'awe' moment as with the Rad-0 and the HEDDphone; likewise with the smaller Diana-Phi it was the most amazing headphone I've ever heard at its' size, but I consider it outclassed in every aspect to some extent by the HEDDphone. And for me and several others who've tried both, the Rad-0 wins over Empyrean in the likes of bass speed and timbre. And all this was without even hearing the HEDDphone on the best amp. Overall I would put the HEDDphone somewhere between the tonality of the HD-800 with the Stax Sr-007 bass and detail, with a nod toward the HE-1 (AKA Orpheus II). Although I've yet to hear the Verite, it would seem to be an unfair comparison so radically different.
I believe I was just giving up my turn on the Abyss when you stormed the smaller room at CanJam with the HEDD to try it on the tube amp there. You looked so excited, I thought who’s this guy, he looks like he just had too much of the red pill :) I should have stuck around a few more seconds to know what you were trying to say and get a listen too. I totally missed it was next to the Hifiman, and I spent quite a long time evaluating the Arya. My loss until the next CanJam this year...

Jan 5, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #416 of 4,481

Brave man, he was holding the headphones throughout the review from his right hand the whole time, you can see his drooped left shoulder.
That’s the most obvious headphone cons but pretty sure the performance must be decent.

Will sure give it a try if a pair is available at CanJam shows.

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #417 of 4,481
Are these available anywhere in Europe? Surprising it's only in the US for now.

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #418 of 4,481

Never thought you're the type of guy to buy Ultrasones. The pricing of their edition line is an absolute joke.

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #420 of 4,481
I spoke with Keith, he may get a demo headphone but not tomorrow and has none to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back