1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by bugstone, May 7, 2019.
First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Next

Last
  1. alvin sawdust
    He's telling one of us porkies then.

2. 518141
    The Woo WA8? That also surprises me. The WA8 delivers about 300mW @40ohms. With a sensitivity of 87dB SPL of the HEDDphone that seems to me to be hard on the limit, if not too weak. Hard to believe that the HEDDphone comes to life with this performance.

DecentLevi likes this.
  3. Pale Rider Contributor
    My initial plan was to try the HEDD with my HeadAmp GS-X mk2 and a Schiit Mjolnir. But if this is the excuse for a Phonitor, well, I guess it's a sacrifice I will have to make. I've been toying with a Phonitor ever since my first Jerry Harvey IEMs, but never did pull the trigger. Maybe, just maybe . . ..

4. PeteSTRADAMUS
    This was towards the beginning of my headphone journey. I didn’t know any better then.

DecentLevi likes this.
  5. Beagle
    That is way too heavy for a headphone. Ridiculous.

6. matthewhypolite
    So just browsed rhe first couple pages of the thread, not sure if it was answered already, but anybody compared the hedd one agaisnt the abyss tc, susvara, sr009, lcd4?

7. Zachik
    There is a solution to help with the weight: :wink:

[​IMG]

8. Pale Rider Contributor
    If this is ridiculous, then I guess so are some others. Everyone's MMV. Weight matters, but as a single spec, it seems to me it is only one part of comfort and avoidance of physical fatigue while listening. In my main headphone listening area, I have a chair that tilts with sufficient back and neck support so that headphone weight by itself is not the most important factor. Proper fit matters more for me. The RAAL SR1a is much lighter than this, but its peculiar geometry makes fit a little bit more of a chore to achieve and maintain while moving. My Audez'e LCD-4, which is heavier than the HEDD can be worn for hours with little physical fatigue, though I no longer enjoy its sound as much as I once did. My Senns and Utopias are lighter and easy to wear, as are all my Stax, but I generally find that I tire of listening itself long before any of these products forces me to take them off out of physical discomfort. My IEMs are lighter than everything else, but I still don't use them for anything other than portable listening, and occasionally for curiosity comparison at home. :shrug:, that's the great thing about having choices.

9. Beagle
    You really don't need such mass and weight (discomfort) to achieve great headphone sound.

10. Hifiearspeakers
    Well it’s lighter than the LCD 4 and this is their first model at a headphone with AMT technology. With time they may find ways to shave more weight, but for now, the company says all that weight is necessary to achieve the sound they wanted with the current available technology.

Not to mention that if it sounds as good or better than the LCD 4, then it would simultaneously be lighter and would be less than half the cost. If that happens, I’d say not bad for a first try.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    kid vic, BrowChan, Pale Rider and 6 others like this.
  11. Beagle
    LCD-4 is 600 grams. HEDD is 718.

12. Hifiearspeakers
    2AA042C5-7A8A-480B-9D0A-332D5E847493.png
    Not sure where you got that figure, but that’s not accurate. The LCD 4 weighs around 1.62 lbs. which translates to 734 grams.

Pale Rider likes this.
  13. Hifiearspeakers
    This picture was taken straight from the Audeze.com website. Here is what they list as the weight for the LCD 4.
    FCD6F2B5-A807-49A7-9818-F03B3B80CBAD.png

Pale Rider likes this.
  14. Narayan23
    Edited, didn´t realize the info I gave had already been posted.

I think it´s best to wait and read user´s opinions on comfort before discarding the HEDD due to weight reasons.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Pale Rider likes this.
First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Next

Last