1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by bugstone, May 7, 2019.
First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Next

Last
  1. Beagle
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  2. Hifiearspeakers
    Personally, I’m going to trust the specs that are listed by Audeze on their website. Since they created the 4, I’d say it’s safe to say that they know what they weigh. Also, there have already been reviewers that have handled the HEDDphone, and they say the HEDDphone is lighter than the 4.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    emlin likes this.
  3. vault108
    Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  4. Beagle
    Of course, makes total sense. I've owned the LCD-3 and LCD-X and they were around 600gm, and when I looked for the LCD-4 weight I got 600 in different places.

Bottom line, 700+ is mighty heavy for a headphone IMO.

5. Hifiearspeakers
    I don’t disagree. It is heavy. But I like to give credit where credit is due. AMT is a brand new technology and this is their first run. Planar tech has been around for a long time and Audeze has been at it for over 10 years.

So I’m just saying that for a first run of new headphone tech, if they can sound as good or better than the LCD 4, weigh less, and for less than half of their cost, then their future looks bright to me.

kid vic, BrowChan, Narayan23 and 2 others like this.
  6. Dealux
    That's pretty much the decision process for me as well. It's either this or the LCD 4. I kinda like the look of the LCD 4 since I also own the LCD 2 but I would rather pay $2K than over $4K for a new headphone.

7. Beagle
    Well they did use the AIR technology HERE...but it didn't work out that well, at least as far as measurements go..

buonassi likes this.
  8. aminus
    I don’t know about you but the measurements for this actual headphone posted a couple pages back and not some completely random one from some hackjob company that released a $10000 IEM that has a bass rolloff like an earbud seems more relevant to me.

9. Hifiearspeakers
    Was that model designed by Hedd though? I’m not familiar with Obravo.

10. aminus
    It was not. Equating oBravo and HEDD is like saying that all planars are bad because Yamaha released a couple less than stellar ones back in the 70’s.

11. Hifiearspeakers
    I think I read somewhere that you were able to hear a demo of the HEDDphone. If that’s correct, what did you think?

12. aminus
    Probably the best flagship headphone that I’ve heard, and I’ve heard a good many in my time. It’s good enough that I’ll be the first in line to buy one when it lands in Singapore.

13. Hifiearspeakers
    Wow! That’s a nice endorsement.

14. JLoud
    When are they expected to start shipping from Headphones.com? I believe I saw somewhere it was end of this coming week. I preordered Friday aroound 8:18 pm.

15. PeteSTRADAMUS
    I don’t quite care about the weight, but the fitment at this point and if I would need the bigger headband, since this one doesn’t open up a lot. I had the lcd4 on my head before and didn’t mind the weight.

First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Next

Last