HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Jan 3, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #376 of 4,472
I think companies are going to have to re-evaluate how they price flagships after the HEDDphone is out in the wild. If you're OK with the weight it's pretty close to the Utopia and LCD-4. Similar tonality to the Utopia with better bass extension and detail retrieval that is very close to the LCD-4. I've only had a few true "Holy crap" moments in audio and the HEDDphone is one of those experiences.
Wow. Ugh, damn. I might just have to swing these over the totl cans on my list. I have more than enough oophm On my amp to drive these into the sunset.

Jan 3, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #377 of 4,472
I think companies are going to have to re-evaluate how they price flagships after the HEDDphone is out in the wild.
Let's hope this pricing brings back some sanity to the flagship market.

Jan 3, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #378 of 4,472
Interesting. What compensation was used for that measurement? Can you post a measurement for another known headphone from your rig so we have some basis for comparison, using the same comensation?

Yes, it's easy for me to ask, and not necessarily easy for you to do, and I very much appreciate the effort already.

Definitely keeping a close eye on this one as it develops. Hopefully similarities to the Utopia doesn't mean similar flaws to the Utopia. When you say resolution on par with the LCD4, do you mean more resolving than the Utopia or less?

What are the amp requirements like?

Jan 3, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #379 of 4,472
Interesting. What compensation was used for that measurement? Can you post a measurement for another known headphone from your rig so we have some basis for comparison, using the same comensation?

Yes, it's easy for me to ask, and not necessarily easy for you to do, and I very much appreciate the effort already.

Definitely keeping a close eye on this one as it develops. Hopefully similarities to the Utopia doesn't mean similar flaws to the Utopia. When you say resolution on par with the LCD4, do you mean more resolving than the Utopia or less?

What are the amp requirements like?

I measured it with both the HEQ compensation and HPN. The one posted was with the HPN compensation. I don't currently have any commonly used headphones around, but if you want to compare to other headphones, you can see one of them in my review of the DT-1990 pro here: https://www.headphones.com/blogs/news/beyer-dynamic-dt-1990-pro-open-back-studio-headphone-review
I've also compared with a few other people who have this same rig and my measurements line up reasonably close, with slight margin of error owing to different environments, but the general results are the same. Keep in mind these are also usually calibrated at 84dB at 300hz.

For technicalities, I'd say similar to an LCD4, although I'd have to compare them more closely to get a sense of which one is better... from memory I think the LCD4 may have the edge slightly. By similarities to the Utopia I mean it has a similar tonality that's slightly brighter than Harman, but, I'd say it's also maybe not quite as bright as the Utopia.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 3, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #380 of 4,472
well.. 300 bucks more than promised is not really honest...2k euros is... not discuss able for me. Feels as ripping as the LDC-1 European 1:1 Price promise that was a joke.. funny for a german company.. i am german..hmm ..mehhh....:wink:).. yeahh really i was hyped but seeing the real endprice makes me turn back.

Actually ribbon seems even more promising like the raal that is this fragile weird Stealth bomber looking AKG K1000 successor..

Well i hope i will be able to listen to this on one of the big german audio fares like Munich days or similar..
Hifi has turnend one into a "Audio Meth addict like searcher"...ehh... well i i actually like that :wink:.. but please dont promise less and demand more.. that is allways leaving a mixed fealing towards the expectations.. better say nothing and then you always win.

well lets see.. ill get a RR1 soon and still got to mod my AKG K340

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #383 of 4,472
well one of the official partners in germany has them listed for 2k... thats waht made me do this post.. sorry no offense!
I could actually get me a "wahaha environment holiday karate deutsch-bahn-train-ticket" and drive 4 hours to berlin from western cologne (where i come from) to go there personally...

really i often get the impression that stuff made in europe is somehow "re de we exported" to avoid weird tax and whatever... and is cheaper on the tacka tucka tonga islands then in the same origin country...
just my 2 cents :wink:

i am really really interested in endgame sound now.. i want to avoid this spreading hifi syndrome that you buy something and buy something new before the stuff even arrives because you are constantly unhappy and searching for the holy grail...that is described with blooming subjective impressions of other persons :wink:.. and its actually a trial and error

@Kopf well maybe i am wrong but got this price from somewhere... ..well first i want to listen to them! then it will be "shut up and take my money" or "noble polite eh.. i gotta go"

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #384 of 4,472
THE HEDDphone (One) available on Headphones.com! With brief impressions to boot. Wow, who would've thunk life would be so simple

I never knew life could be so fabulous :smile_phones:
The Tamperer feat. Maya - If You Buy This Record Your Life Will Be Better (1998)

absolutely fabulous. I'm chanting as we speak
Pet Sop Boys - Absolutely Fabulous (1994)

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #386 of 4,472
Well I’m on the preorder list. Now I need @PeteSTRADAMUS to get off the fence, man up and join the team. Let’s go P Dawg!
Lol, no. I’m now waiting for Canjam to hear all the new stuff and the ones on my list before I buy. I don’t wanna buy and sell again. I’m tired of doing that.

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #388 of 4,472
Yeah really .. there is so much Stuff like those that is worth of burning some bonus money without regret if its functional..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back