Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Dec 2, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #916 of 1,734
Andre has my money and has overwhelmingly responded to my emails (more than I expected, the guy works weekends ?!). Brandon, try calling, your domain or subject might be diverting your emails to a spam folder. I can not see Andre ignoring you after the experience I have had so far. I read this whole thread before I ordered and emails have been lost several times with other customers and each time once Andre became aware of it he moved heaven and earth to fix it. If you are a business major you know you should always use multiple pathways to communicate as a standard conflict resolution strategy. I teach it in my lectures at the Leeds school of Business, University of Colorado, and my students have always reported great success in practical application. If you give it a try I think you will find satisfaction.

I am scheduled to have my impressions made tomorrow, so wish me luck. I have never had something injected into my ears so this will be an adventure!

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #917 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What possible reason would Andre have for ignoring you?

Since the advent of ebusiness, people have lost thier ability to communicate. Call him, Put him on the spot. But emails get lost, They get dumped into spam folders. I really think that we are heading down a dark path of non-communication if we rely too much on email and IM's. Everything has gotten so fast that we no longer have any patience. For $800.00 (UE7's) Ultimate ears can afford to "rush" everything. There is probably a very samll profit margin at Hearyourself. Even Freq's has had to pull back and restructure. I find it highly unlikely that if they do come back, they will still be in this price range.

Boomy you sound like a person with way to much real world experience. Well put. Have you gone forward with your custome cables? I would like to also know how your son is doing with his awesome star wars earphones. I have a 4 year old daughter and I am worried it might be a little complex for her to put them in. She likes Dora the explorer so I am thinking of putting Dora faces on a set for her.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #918 of 1,734
Everyone who's been waiting for your order... remember that the turn time is based on when your impressions GET to the lab... not when you place an order. So those orders that have been waiting a month... it really might be a couple weeks since they've been at the LAB so HY is still on schedule according to their quote.

If you want to get them sooner pay the extra $50 for rush. It's still way less expensive then UE's & Westones plus the UE rush fee is $100!!

I paid for a rush and got my monitors in 6 days from when the impressions got to the LAB.

Andre is a good guy and has a lot of integrity... CALL him to get the 411 on your order.

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #919 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jt31 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone who's been waiting for your order... remember that the turn time is based on when your impressions GET to the lab... not when you place an order. So those orders that have been waiting a month... it really might be a couple weeks since they've been at the LAB so HY is still on schedule according to their quote.

If you want to get them sooner pay the extra $50 for rush. It's still way less expensive then UE's & Westones plus the UE rush fee is $100!!

I paid for a rush and got my monitors in 6 days from when the impressions got to the LAB.

Andre is a good guy and has a lot of integrity... CALL him to get the 411 on your order.

Jt31 I like your avatar. What does the symbol mean?

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #920 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffjumper68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Andre has my money and has overwhelmingly responded to my emails (more than I expected, the guy works weekends ?!). Brandon, try calling, your domain or subject might be diverting your emails to a spam folder. I can not see Andre ignoring you after the experience I have had so far. I read this whole thread before I ordered and emails have been lost several times with other customers and each time once Andre became aware of it he moved heaven and earth to fix it. If you are a business major you know you should always use multiple pathways to communicate as a standard conflict resolution strategy. I teach it in my lectures at the Leeds school of Business, University of Colorado, and my students have always reported great success in practical application. If you give it a try I think you will find satisfaction.

I am scheduled to have my impressions made tomorrow, so wish me luck. I have never had something injected into my ears so this will be an adventure!

cliffjumper,

You are absolutely right. But I do know my emails are not being blocked, as Andre was more than prompt on replying to them before I finalized my order.

Tomorrow will be the day I pass the 4 week mark (confirmed delivery of impressions to the lab on November 5th). As I said earlier though, it's not exactly the wait that bothers me. I just don't like to have to jump through hoops in order to get some service. It's pointless for me to call now that Andre pretty much said the exact same thing he could have said in email to me (even copy pasting it would be sufficient, lots of businesses use pre-written responses). That was all I needed to hear, they're flooded with orders and the holiday slowed them down. Understandable.

Truth is, I'm a very understanding and patient person. I guess I just keep putting myself in the opposite position, and I know I'd be emailing customers at the 4 week mark telling them that their order will be there soon and explaining that they were a little backed up from the holidays. Not hard to CC that to everyone. I just don't think it's appropriate to be brushed off. Whether or not that was in fact the case, I also have a degree in IS, and run multiple email systems and servers so I know the chances of my email being blocked for whatever reason are slim based on the circumstances.

Never keep your customers in the dark. It should be Andre jumping through hoops for me, not the other way around.

I hope you have better success than me, and I appreciate your reply.

Good luck

PS: I hope they don't spit in my monitors.. (joke, my attempt to soften the mood)

Dec 2, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #921 of 1,734
I think your right Brandon. By the way what color/ design did you order? post some pics when you finally get yours.
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #923 of 1,734
Quote:

Jt31 I like your avatar. What does the symbol mean?

thx cliffjumper68... the symbol is just an original design of my initials to look like a true Japanese kanji symbol... the symbol it's closest too is probably fire.

I had it done on my c2's pretty sick how the lazer artwork turned out... it looks burned in...

Jt_C2_IEM_02.jpg

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #924 of 1,734
Quote:

I think your right Brandon. By the way what color/ design did you order? post some pics when you finally get yours.
biggrin.gif

I got a somewhat lime translucent body with a white faceplate, and on the faceplate I got a graphic of an alien head with headphones on.

If it turns out right, it should look pretty cool.

What did you decide on?

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #925 of 1,734
Quote:

thx cliffjumper68... the symbol is just an original design of my initials to look like a true Japanese kanji symbol... the symbol it's closest too is probably fire.

I had it done on my c2's pretty sick how the lazer artwork turned out... it looks burned in...

Jt_C2_IEM_02.jpg

Well to me it actually looks like the chinese (same thing for kanji) character for big, or the characters of 1 and 9 mashed together
tongue.gif
The logo does look really cool though, and it turned out nicely on the c2's
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #926 of 1,734
Crikey -- yeah it does look like big! a lot more than fire... glad my kanji logo is close to something positive... rather than something negative.

It would be funny if it meant earwax.
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #927 of 1,734
Brandon, I think the simple designs work best. I like the alien theme. Hope they get to you soon. Getting the impressions this morning was pretty interesting. I have some odd looking ear canals, they go from large to small and just at the end expand again. I am glad the C3's won't go in as far or they might get stuck.

Jt31, the brownish color kinda looks like the wood tea stains they use in Japan. Gives them a kind of classic look. Very cool. I hope my monkey's come out that good.

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #929 of 1,734
Quote:

http://www.newcreationstudio.com/hy/Jt_C2_IEM_02.jpg

OK wow. To me these are the best looking customs I have seen so far. Not wanting to step on anyone elses feet here (there are some really nice 'phones in here), but these take the cake.

Very nice Jt31!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back