Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Dec 4, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #949 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by ralliart12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Brandon3003

They sure look like a pair of green apple chunks. May I know how did you specify your green for the body-shell monitor?

And what's that logo? Mind posting a close-up?

The green was actually borrowed from the freq customs thread. Looked too cool to pass up and fit my theme and idea perfectly. I just sent that picture to Andre and told him it's what I wanted for the color :p

The logo is an alien head with headphones on. I can't post a closeup yet b/c I don't have the monitors in my hands, on a USPS truck for the next two days
frown.gif
The original logo image was just something I cooked up in photoshop. I had seen something sort of similar elsewhere so I tried to replicate that. Those pictures were just what Andre sent me last night.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #950 of 1,734
@Brandon3003

At first glance from the pics, I actually thought that was a pic of a benevolent old guy drawn like anime. I must be reading too much manga and watching too much anime
tongue.gif
But the alien with headphones does look cool, specially with the green case. Good job
beerchug.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #953 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EweAreEwe,
Nice to hear from you. Where you beans? This new artwork is really amazing. I'n just going to have to order another pair.

Been busy caught up in the Westone 3 frenzy
tongue_smile.gif

Funny you should say that, as I've been contemplating using the microsoft cashback on ebay to get another pair of C3's to use at work. May just do that, something with an electric blue shell.

Dec 5, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #954 of 1,734
Or don't, pretend you did, and get me some. I'll give you all the info soon. I need to think up some pretty colors first.

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #955 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been busy caught up in the Westone 3 frenzy
tongue_smile.gif

Funny you should say that, as I've been contemplating using the microsoft cashback on ebay to get another pair of C3's to use at work. May just do that, something with an electric blue shell.

I read earlier in this thread that the Westones and Hearyourself.com got their B/A drivers from the same place. I've asked HeadphoneAddict to compare his. Would you be so kind? So far I'm watching as the W-3's are flying off the shelves. and I can't help but wonder if they are at all similar to the C-3's

Dec 5, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #956 of 1,734
I would also be very interested in hearing a comparison of the Westone 3 vs. the C3.

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #957 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read earlier in this thread that the Westones and Hearyourself.com got their B/A drivers from the same place. I've asked HeadphoneAddict to compare his. Would you be so kind? So far I'm watching as the W-3's are flying off the shelves. and I can't help but wonder if they are at all similar to the C-3's

Sure.

Westone 3 vs. C3
Stronger, less controlled and accurate bass on C3. Nothing bad, but the W3's bass is very controlled and accurate, more detailed.
C3's midrange is more forward, vocals more forward. Both sound very good. The C3 naturally sounds more aggressive because of this. I would say the W3 sounds more natural to me though, so it's a trade off. If you want aggression, C3 will fit the bill, if not, W3's midrange is more suitable.
Highs are close, but the W3 is more extended. I don't hear sibilance on either. C3's treble is no slouch. As a matter of fact, I think it's very good, just a hair below the W3 in this regard.
C3 has a bigger, chunkier sound (want to say baby UE11, but it's more of a twin born a few hours later
icon10.gif
). Could be the airiness of the W3 and nothing more, but the W3 seems to have a wider soundstage.

I like both and plan to use both often. I've recently decided the C3 sounds close enough and is far more comfortable than the UE11, so it's replaced it in my rotation (part of the reason I am considering a back up pair). I do however, personally prefer the W3 sound signature overall.

Dec 5, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #958 of 1,734
Wow, it replaced the UE11?

That's quite impressive.

Dec 5, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #959 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by graj08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, it replaced the UE11?

That's quite impressive.

Comfort was the biggest issue. The C3 is much lighter and more comfortable. UE11 certainly has better SQ, but the difference isn't as huge as most would assume, certainly if price were the barometer, so I choose to use the C3 instead. Sometimes the absolute best SQ you have handy isn't the best option when other things are considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back