Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Nov 27, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #871 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon3003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel you man. I sent him an email yesterday hoping to get a response today, but haven't gotten anything. But keep in mind, Thanksgiving is tomorrow so holidays are usually very slow for people traveling and such.

On the bright side, we both sent ours in at the same time and neither of us have them yet so at least we know we're not being singled out.

We're gonna get through this man
wink.gif

I dunno about u fellows, but Andre has been replying to my emails rather regularly...maybe some of your emails are too frequent and got filtered into spam mail section?

YahooMailralliart12_1227772013109.png

Nov 27, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #872 of 1,734
I've emailed him 3 times over 2 weeks, and that is only because he didn't answer the question in the first place...that doesn't seem like much to me. Also, he replied to my first two messages by saying that he would check. Any spam filter will not block messages from addresses that are replied to.

Well, at least now I know that it isn't just because he took an early vacation or something. That is fine. Everybody takes time off around the holidays. However, knowing he is there and just not answering my emails is very disappointing.

Nov 27, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #873 of 1,734
Andre is a good guy, I'm convinced of this. He is most likely experiencing the difficulties that come with sudden increase in business and mistakes can happen as a result.

He has almost always replied swiftly to my emails (had some problems with the impressions I had made, he handled it very much in my favor) when I had my custom ER4 molds made, but sometimes it took him a few days or he didn't reply at all.

I know from my business that I try to get back with every customer that leaves me voice mails, emails etc, but some can simply slip through the cracks. It happens.

Give him some slack. Let him do his thing. I know that each one of us always feels like our inquiry is extremely important and should be handled as such, but like I said, there are many that feel like that and email him.

I'll tell you that it's frustrating to start your comp in the morning and see a huge list of emails, all from people that have "important" questions, when the reality is that there is a lot more work to do than just answer those questions all day.

So long story short.
I do not think at all that he is ignoring people on purpose. He is probably just swamped. Let him do his job and you will all be happy in the end, I'm sure of it.
beerchug.gif
ksc75smile.gif

Also keep in mind that you can call him as well ^^

Nov 27, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #874 of 1,734
Well helloooo sports fans. How are we all? I just ate a whole thing of mini doughnuts so I'm pretty full and will, no doubt, be feeling sick in the not too distant future.. But moving on.

To the guy who is wondering about the C3's bass who's name I have forgotten (sorry), here is my take on the situation:
The C3s have great bass! Well, they are certainly not lacking in bass, that's for sure. If you compare them to a pair of good full-sized cans, they don't have the same low, rumbling bass of my AKG K272HDs (which I wouldnt have if it wasn't for a very helpful head-fier!) and if you compare them to my 5.1 surround sound system in my room, you don't get the body-shuddering bass that you do with a big powered sub.. But, having said that, these things sit in your ears!! The amount of bass they have is amazing, considering their size..
One thing to consider, though, is that it's not the same bass as a dynamic driver. Boomy is right, your brain needs time to adjust and I still notice a difference when I stick my C3s in my ears and initially you can't help but feel they don't sound as good as my big cans. But after like a minute, you don't even notice, to be honest, they're so comfortable and their sound is different, but not necessarily worse. Plus, my AKGs are huge, I'd look like an ass wearing them everywhere
tongue_smile.gif

Also, for people asking about the amps, I bought a couple of FiiO E3s cuz they were cheap and I could. I've been using one out of my iPod headphone out (no volume control on the amp = no LOD.. lame) and I have big plans for the other one.. I'll explain later. It does boost the bass a little bit but I will say that it does not appear to eliminate the hiss.. It reduces it a little but but not THAT much.. But for $8, what can you expect?

Interestingly about the FiiO, my "big plans" involve running it off more than 1.5V so I have been running it off a wall supply at 5V for like 3 hours and the chips don't even get warm.. I am interested to see what this little b*stard is capable of
tongue_smile.gif

Wow, I wrote like a huge essay.. I'll go get some pics of my C3s for y'all..

Nov 27, 2008 at 11:19 AM Post #875 of 1,734
Quote:

Hello,
Thank you for your purchase!
Sorry it took so long...we are on a skeleton crew for our Thanksgiving holiday!
Since you already have your impressions we have attached your interactive invoice...
please fill it out,print it,sign it and send it in with your impressions when you are ready.
Your finished molds are shipped to your current paypal address via priority mail...please view your paypal account
to check if this address is correct. If you have special needs for shipping please contact us.

Thanks Again
Andre Belloise

I think he will answer your questions next week...

I sent my impressions yesterday, C3 with rush for France, let's see how long it will take to have this in my ears.
Day one, and i allready can't wait anymore!!!!!
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #877 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by ralliart12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno about u fellows, but Andre has been replying to my emails rather regularly...maybe some of your emails are too frequent and got filtered into spam mail section?

YahooMailralliart12_1227772013109.png

Interesting. When I was selecting my graphics and colors, he was very prompt also. It's after I was finished with my order and had sent in my impressions that he got all quiet. I know it's not the spam filter b/c this is the first time i've emailed him since I finalized my order.

After doing some thinking, it would seem he's doing more of the salesperson job, focusing more on those who have not finalized their order and getting the deals in place.

Now lets think about this realistically. I don't think he's ignoring us to be an ass. There are two locations, his office and the lab where the actual work is done. Could you imagine if he had to call each time and get the status of each order requested? He honestly can't just tell us b/c he probably has no idea without calling the lab first to find out. Think of when you were first ordering, wouldn't you have been more frustrated if you couldnt even get your order through b/c he wasn't responding?

I really don't think there's much he can do once the order is finalized and shipped to the lab. We're in someone else's hands at that point. All we can really do is wait, and I don't think any of this is Andre's fault.

We just gotta be patient graj. Like I said before, at least you're not the only one waiting.

Nov 27, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #879 of 1,734
This not new. I remember someone in Australia worrying about Andre not returning his emails but HY still managed to get his order out in the alloted time.I was lucky I got mine first. Long befor HY started getting flooded with orders. They really are worth waiting for. I promiss.

I got mine in 6 days and it was still all I could do to not email Andre every day.
I find that mose people in the audiophile threads are not the most patient. ME Included.
And this is obviously not new to Andre as well. He even makes it a point of mentioning that emailing and calling will delay the process and why.

Take a deep breath, Hold it, Hold It,
Hold it, Now let it out. and go listen to some of you favorite cans so when your HY's do get there you'll really be able to appreciate the wait.

Nov 27, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #880 of 1,734
Haha Boomy3555, at that last part of your post I can imagine you sound like Frank Prince on the Speed Sleep I CD I have. Really this thread is filled too much with people crying about not getting replies to emails, long waiting, and what pretty colors and logos they should choose. I mean I know they cost a lot of money and hopefully will be with you for a while so you want to make sure they look the way you want. It seems to me that a fancy design will get boring after a while and just going for a simple color you like would be better for the long term. If long term even matters to anyone on this forum.

Nov 27, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #881 of 1,734
Yeah as much as I am a part of the 'crying about not getting replies to emails,' I kinda do agree.

Then again, as a new company, with only a few people having received theirs, I am not yet secure enough about their business model to say with certainty that it is getting done the way I want it. The lack of communication doesn't help.

Nov 29, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #882 of 1,734
I can't believe I just read this entire thread from beginning to end, cool people, great advise, signed up for hi-fi, ordered C3's, ordered a UE cord, set-up appointment for audiologist, and got a email from andrea apologizing for there site being down (ordered through ebay instead 30% discount!). Quite a day! I am very excited to check these out. I have been using Sens 650's with a bithead amp on my mac and have wanted something more portable with sound isolation. To the earlier post, the usb out to the bithead cleans out alot of the hiss and noise out of the sound on a computer and the cross feed is nice too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back