Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Nov 24, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #841 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Testament /img/forum/go_quote.gif
epic awesomeness if you get anyone of those on your phones
the 4th ones look good. I am a fan of the newer green lantern logo. what do you think of the recent lantern sagas?

Which is the newer GL logo?

Nov 25, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #845 of 1,734
Yes it is a terrible one now I am waiting to get my impressions back and as soon as I do they are getting slugged to UE for my customs since they are the only company I trust atm being mainstream and owned by a major corporation....not going to make the mistake of sending them to a mom and pop shop again

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #846 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon3003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm on week 3 for my HY's, and that's hard enough. Can't imagine 8 weeks..

Brandon, have you tried emailing Andre for an estimated shipping date? I think our impressions got to the lab at the same time(Nov 5) so they should ship at approximately the same time. I have emailed Andre twice to get an estimated shipping date, once on Nov. 14th and once on Nov. 20. Both times, he said he would check but then never actually gave me an answer. I'm starting to get frustrated.

Oh well, at least it won't be as long as the LiveWires*crosses fingers*

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #848 of 1,734
My C1000 was shipped after 2 weeks. He kept his promise that it would be shipped before Thanksgiving. However, I finally had to return it to him to fix the impression. He told me that my order will be marked as urgent.
His response has improved a lot I think so.

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #849 of 1,734
For those who have the C3s:

How sensitive are they? Is it necessary to use an amp? I've got my sights set on a little dot micro + or a Fiio e3 and I'm wondering how dramatic the difference in SQ will be.

Boomy, I know you've got a Fiio e3. How big is the difference?

For reference, I am currently listening to music on my Shure SE310s unamped through my Apple Macbook Pro. During quiet songs, even those of proper quality, I find the hiss very annoying.

Any advice is appreciated.

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #850 of 1,734
The C-3's are only 13 ohms so any amp will do. choose your amp for SQ quality as it is only necessary to color the SQ and eliminate low volume hiss.

I use a Travagans Colors (Dogbone)59.00 US
It has excelent SQ and is USB rechargeable.
I also have a Headrrom Total Airhead but it just died a misserable smelly death and must be repaired or sent to amp heaven.
I'm also looking at the new NuForce Icon Mobile. 94.00 US. It has all the features I want except a push to hear. but they are so new that we only have NuForce's reputation to sway our minds

Nov 25, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #851 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradoxus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question and would really appreciate the input of those who have the C3s!

My impressions are already on the way to Andre, however I'm having some doubts.. I've read through 84 pages of this thread (and am now re-reading again to see if I missed out on stuff).

Anyway my question is regarding the bass of the C3s. I've read that the C3s sound much closer to the Shure 530s than the TripleFis. I auditioned the Shure 530s and found the bass lacking. I did not like how it sounded and would go with the triplefi anytime. However can anyone please tell me how the BASS of the C3s compare with these two drivers?

I'm really not concerned about the mids and highs. I'm pretty certain that i'll be contented with whatever it sounds like, so it's only the bass which I'm looking for.

My current rig is an Ipod 6G > SR-71A Amp > SF5Pros.

I'm the kind who feels that the bass makes or breaks a song and an IEM/Custom. I like Punchy/Deep/Quantity bass. I also enjoy a coloured sound and dislike a neutral/flat sounding monitor. I know UE11 would certainly suit me but I'm not willing to pay the hefty price for the increment in SQ.

Thus my post here! I would really appreciate all the input and prompt replies I can get as my impressions are already being shipped!

Thank you so much!

EDIT: After much thinking and reading, I think it's the AIRYNESS of the TriFis that attract me. Any idea if the C3s are airy?

Mmm anyone have any views on my post?

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #852 of 1,734
I have not tried the Shures or he TF10's but I do have SF5 Pro's and they are a totaly different SQ from my C-3's. The C-3's are very flat across the board and if you are looking for bass I would suggest staying with the dynamic drivers. So Far all of the Baalnced Armature drivers I have heard do not give you the Bass of the Dynamic's I really feel that my C-3's have plenty of Bass but that is based on my tastes and I am not a "basshead". My favorite part is the soundstage.

I do hear that for a dual B/A driver the Livewires do pretty nice job with thier bass.

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #853 of 1,734
Pls ignore the original ones, i.e. the LEFT sides.

sinestro_draft_I_like.jpg

attempt_11.gif

bkup_2.jpg

attempt_10.gif

What do u fellows think? Pass or fail? The mock-ups are poor photoshop jobs done by me, I tink the final real monitors'll be more polished.

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #854 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by graj08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brandon, have you tried emailing Andre for an estimated shipping date? I think our impressions got to the lab at the same time(Nov 5) so they should ship at approximately the same time. I have emailed Andre twice to get an estimated shipping date, once on Nov. 14th and once on Nov. 20. Both times, he said he would check but then never actually gave me an answer. I'm starting to get frustrated.

Oh well, at least it won't be as long as the LiveWires*crosses fingers*

Just shot him an email so I'll let you know what response I get. Did you get custom colors and artwork? I did both, so I was "hoping" that perhaps that was the cause for the extended time, in which case I'm totally fine with that. Would much rather wait a week and have it turn out awesome than shave off a week and it not turn out as good. I share your frustration though, it's tough buying something and having nothing to show for it. That's when buyers remorse kicks in
frown.gif

*crosses fingers as well*

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #855 of 1,734
Yeah I got both custom color and artwork as well. I'm fine if that is the reason for the delay, but since Lil' Knight got his in 2 weeks, and had custom color and artwork, I don't think it is. Oh well, buyer's remorse it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back