health issues associated with prolonged headphones use due to EMF pollution?
Mar 18, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #106 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should probably go to a doctor with your EMF sensitivity. If you can actually legitimately feel EMF that could help medicine figure somethings out.

Have you talked to your doctor about this at all?

Yes, I am getting some tests done but not for EMF, I don't think they have anything for it. I'm getting a ENG for Vertigo and a Brain MRI.
Let's face it, this is all conjecture, I am experimenting with it to see if it helps me.

Mar 19, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #109 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Surely you must be able to see, I was just being sarcastic. What's also funny are the church steeples housing cell relays.

Sorry I didnt catch it, I just reread your previous posts on on this thread, now I see you were just being sarcastic
smily_headphones1.gif
, yeah Ive read many churches are agreeing to let the cell companies put these up
confused_face(1).gif

Quote:

I just got the setzter meter and all my outlets are way over what they say they should be.
I think I am going to send this thing back because I don't see how I'm going to fix the issue without putting a setzerizer in every outlet, which would be expensive and a apin since I only have double outlets.
I got high readings even when I plugged it into my BackUPS and Surge Suppressor strip.
So, I ordered that inexpensive meter on ebay and I need to figure out what to do next to try and clean up the electricity.
Replace mu BackUPS with a Isobar or Stezter Power Strip? Replace the Surge Suppressor my TV is on with the Brickwall Strip I still have also?
What to do about the outlet my refrigerator is plugged into which is probably gumming up the works throughout my apt?
Aaargh
I did use my Cellsensor Meter again and found that I had to move my BackUPS further away from me that I had it before. I also tested a wireless USB Mouse and it gave off very little EMF which surprised me.

From what Ive read the dirty electricity is generated from two places at the mains and from your electronics

so... first you need to reduce the dirty electricity from the mains.To do that you would want to put two stetzerizers to the closest outlet that is connected to your circuit breaker (with the meter it will be much easier to find which outlet this is) putting filters in this outlet will cause the biggest drop in readings from the meters on all the other outlets. Then connect all your electronics into isobars to stop dirty electricity from your electronics from getting into your wires.

The cell censor is just a gaussmeter which will just detect the 60hz AC magnetic radiation. It depends how sensitive that meter is, it may not be very sensitive so after a short distance it cant pick up the magnetic radiation anymore but it might still be there.

The main radiation the wireless mouse will emit is RF is from of its wireless connection to the computer via bluetooth or whatever, and also RF noise (aka EMI,RFI,RF noise) from the circuits. To detect the first type of RF you need an RF meter that can measure digital RF up in the GHz range. to hear the RF noise you just need a simple AM transistor battery radio you probably already have, it will let you hear some of the RF noise the circuits emit.

Quote:

Thanks for the info. The flamers can flame all they want, I know I'm sensitive to EMF so I'm willing to try.
I will look into the Quantum products, are there specific products that you use so I know where to look? I know you mentioned something that plugs in and affects the wiring in the whole house-this sounds like something I'd be interested in, just don't want to confuse one product for another if they have multiple products.
I'll check out the Tachyon again also.
If I use the Quantum Product does that mean I wouldn't need the Tripplite Isobar Surge Suppressors? I would think it's still good to use those.

oops, just re-read your Post:
>nd they also make power strips that condition more specifically based on what is plugged into them<

Perhaps these would be better than the Isobars and can replace them?

I know one guy that swears by the quantum products he was very emf sensitive and he says that using these products have brought him tremendous relief. Ive tried their software and I definitlly felt something sometimes it felt like it provided some relief from the the symptoms that using a computer caused me. From my experience these types of products dont come close to the relief of actually reducing the fields though, which these products dont do.

The isobars and the the stetzer and quantum power strip are basically the same, these devices all filter the dirty electricity to reduce noise from the outlets to provide cleaner power to devices. Strips that do this say EMI/RFI filtering or reducing, though some cheap ones that say this dont atcually do anything sometimes. Quantum actually states in its site that their strip is basically a regular EMI/RFI filter.

I would get the isobar power strips the ones that come in a white metal case, Ive never measured those little two outlet ones that plug directly to a wall my guess is that they are not the same.

Quote:

Yes, even though it is mentioned that MU shielding is in their HFI versions, I contacted them and they said it is not although supposedly these models still have reduced EMF. The one I'm interested in is $89 so I think I'll try that one first.
I'll report back as soon as I test it.

I think only their hfi680 hfi780 and their pro and proline models have the full mu-metal bufferboard shielding, the lower end models dont or only have partial shielding. I know for sure the the pro/proline 750 and pro/proline 2500 have it because Ive removed the ear pads and you can see the mu-metal bufferboard, Ive also measured them with my meters as well and they have considerably less radiation tn my grado and sennheiser headphones I had.

Quote:

You should probably go to a doctor with your EMF sensitivity. If you can actually legitimately feel EMF that could help medicine figure somethings out.

Have you talked to your doctor about this at all?

Theres not many Dr. that are aware of the effects of EMFs yet, they might just dismiss you as being depressed or having anxiety their scapegoat diagnosis when they dont know whats wrong with you, and even the ones that are aware wont be able to offer any real solutions.

Some Dr's that are usually more knowledgeable about this are integrative Dr`s these are basically actual Dr`s with degrees but but they also integrate alternative medicine, and they are more knowledgeable about

Dr`s in Europe particularly German Dr`s are normally more aware of this, in Germany and other European countries they are much more aware of how harmful EMfs are , much of the most recent research has/is been done in Europe Germany particularly.

Theres an organization called bau-biologie which is from Germany and they also have branches here in the US. You can arange for a consult with one and they will come to your house and take measurments and offer you solutions to reduce EMfs in your home. Youd be surprised how many home have wiring errors or other problems that cause high EMFs in the home.

Ive been personally researching solutions to help wit EMFs from computers and Ive been talking about my findings on an EMF sensitivity forum and EMF forum (esens and EMFrefugee) and some bau biologists are now strarting to recommend some of these solutions.

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #110 of 192
If what you guys are saying is true, one of these type devices attached to the power cable as close to the device as possible should eliminate most EM noise on your power lines. $1.76 each.

If you have those AC power cables where you can split apart the 2 conductors, even better - seperate the conductors and put one of those babies on each wire.

Whoa - did my wallet just bulge up?

Mar 19, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #111 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If what you guys are saying is true, one of these type devices attached to the power cable as close to the device as possible should eliminate most EM noise on your power lines. $1.76 each.

If you have those AC power cables where you can split apart the 2 conductors, even better - seperate the conductors and put one of those babies on each wire.

Whoa - did my wallet just bulge up?

My undertanding is that ferrites will only reduce common mode noise not differential mode noise which is also present in wires. I think capacitors can only reduce differential mode noise. The isobars use ferrites and capacitors to reduce RF noise.

Also ferrites get saturated very quickly especially the bead type. While they might work work for getting rid of a little noise to your amp or such, to really reduce RF you need at least two "toroid" ferrites (they are like donuts instead of beads) and get at least 10 turns of the cable on each ferrite one for each end of a cable to really get good reduction of common mode RF. #43 and #31 type ferrite are the best for this.

This is very well known among HAM radio operators because their equipment is very sensitive to RF. I believe for them getting the best signal thats free of noise and static heavily depends on how good a job they do of reducing the RF noise thats introduced from the power and that is generated from their components as well as RF caused from outside components (computers, TVs, DVD Players ect..).

I personally use torroid ferrites on my keyboard cables an all my computer cables to reduce some of the RF, and they do make a noticeable difference when applied correctly.

Mar 19, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #112 of 192
I hope you know what you just described are capacitors and inductors - both of which when put into an AC circuit act as high and low pass filters respectively. I'm not sure that putting a choke (inductor) in the keyboard is going to do a whole lot, these things are fairly RF resistant as well as being digital devices.

Mar 19, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #113 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawai_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[snip]

Yup, mostly true. Although you don't need a toroidal ferrite necessarily, so long as you get good coupling to the conductors and choose a good mix with high impedance over a wide bandwidth. Datasheets help here. Also you're right about saturation. People should check to make sure the ferrite is rated for the current their devices draw, and then de-rate them to be sure, otherwise the ferrites may as well not be there.

With re. to differential mode noise - I'm not sure if this would be a major problem in home power distribution, particularly if you're already using a ferrite to limit current transients on your power network. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'm sure professional filters can do better, but considering how cheap and easy a ferrite is, I don't think the difference in performance would be large at all.

DanielCox, the filter on the keyboard cable is to keep the cable from emitting, not so much for signal integrity of the data itself. I've got some USB cables here that come with ferrite filters as well, but I'm pretty sure they're only ever put there to pass emissions tests.

Mar 19, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #114 of 192
From what Ive read the dirty electricity is generated from two places at the mains and from your electronics so... first you need to reduce the dirty electricity from the mains.To do that you would want to put two stetzerizers to the closest outlet that is connected to your circuit breaker (with the meter it will be much easier to find which outlet this is) putting filters in this outlet will cause the biggest drop in readings from the meters on all the other outlets. Then connect all your electronics into isobars to stop dirty electricity from your electronics from getting into your wires. The cell censor is just a gaussmeter which will just detect the 60hz AC magnetic radiation. It depends how sensitive that meter is said:
Lots of good info here.
I live in a 3 bedroom apt. building from the 50s. The Circuit Breaker is actually outside the building I would say directly under where my bathroom is, which is next to my bedroom (I'm on the 2nd floor), then the kitchen on the other wall on the other side of my bathroom. There's no way to plug anything into the outlet on the light in my bathroom (this is where I plug in my razor and hair dryer). The next closest outlet is in my bedroom where I have an air cleaner plugged in (and soon possible an LCD TV and Pre-amp) so I could do plug the stezterizer into one plug and use a 6 outlet Isobar in the free outlet to plug my stuff into.The next closest would be the kitchen, the outlet that has my refrigerator and toaster plugged in, so I could plug in a stetzerizer in one of those outlets, then get a 2 outlet isobar (with a cord not the one that takes over the outlet) and plug the fridge and toaster into that. The other Kitchen outlet has my micorwave and dustbuster and soniccare charger.

Do you recommend the Isobar over the Quantum strips?

Would I need to put a stetzerizer in the living room? I have a total of 7 outlets in my apt. 2 in my bedroom, the light outlet in my bathroom which I don't even count, 2 in my kitchen (one for my fridge/toaster oven, the other for my microwave/dustbuster/nightlight/soniccare charger-using a splitter-I could put an isobar with this outlet also), and 3 in my living room-one for my cordless phone, one for my air cleaner, using an APC Surge Suppressor/the other outlet using my BackUPSAVR, and the third outlet for my TV, etc using the Brickwall and a floor lamp directly plugged into the remaining plug.
(I also have a Monster A/V Surge Suppressor that currently isn't being used.)

The CellSensor has 2 strengths, normal and high. On high it picks up things the normal setting doesn't. Hopefully this is good enough, if not do you recommend another model to buy?

I've decided to just stick with a corded mouse, no need to have it on my mind just in case.

Quantum has that $350 home doohickey-would I need to use this in addition to all that and if so which outlet would be the best to plug it into? The site says it doesn't matter which one to use.

I guess if I go for those headphones I should pony up for the full MU Shielding ones. Good thing I'm getting a tax refund with all of this crap I'm going to be buying!

I don't think my neurologist would be into the EMF stuff but I will mention it to him my next appointment after I get the MRI.

I will look into bau-biologie but I also wonder if my local utility, SDGE, would come and test it out?

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #115 of 192
The portable open Ultrasone Zino (usually $99 or lower) also have the mu metal shielding, but the bufferboard is only about half the diameter of the bufferboards of full-sized ultrasones (meaning some emf will still travel around the outside of the bufferboard). I think rmcaudiodirect.com has the best prices, by either doing their current 25% off headphones coupon code or requesting a price quote (try for both see what happens
tongue.gif
).

I'm all for filters, but you really should measure hotspots and shield accordingly. It's a waste to shield areas that don't need shielding.

Mar 19, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #116 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The portable open Ultrasone Zino (usually $99 or lower) also have the mu metal shielding, but the bufferboard is only about half the diameter of the bufferboards of full-sized ultrasones (meaning some emf will still travel around the outside of the bufferboard). I think rmcaudiodirect.com has the best prices, by either doing their current 25% off headphones coupon code or requesting a price quote (try for both see what happens
tongue.gif
).

I'm all for filters, but you really should measure hotspots and shield accordingly. It's a waste to shield areas that don't need shielding.

The thing about getting them from Amazon is that they take returns, which is important for headphones.
I'm trying to make sure my bed, computer area, etc is as safe as possible.

Mar 20, 2010 at 4:54 AM Post #118 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by steve333 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Stetzer Meter reads around 50-60 during the daytime in most of my outlets, right now at night I'm getting a reading of 200, even in my line conditioner.
What?

Perhaps the moon produces lots of EMF. Shield your entire house!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back