health issues associated with prolonged headphones use due to EMF pollution?
Mar 17, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #92 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by hallo84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The limitations of the available studies, however, do not allow any firm conclusions to be drawn about the effects of SMF on the described endpoints.

There are acute effects but no proof that sustained damage is caused.

Given what evidence does exist, most sensible people would agree that the best thing to do is err on the side of caution.

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #93 of 192
I just got the setzter meter and all my outlets are way over what they say they should be.
I think I am going to send this thing back because I don't see how I'm going to fix the issue without putting a setzerizer in every outlet, which would be expensive and a apin since I only have double outlets.
I got high readings even when I plugged it into my BackUPS and Surge Suppressor strip.
So, I ordered that inexpensive meter on ebay and I need to figure out what to do next to try and clean up the electricity.
Replace mu BackUPS with a Isobar or Stezter Power Strip? Replace the Surge Suppressor my TV is on with the Brickwall Strip I still have also?
What to do about the outlet my refrigerator is plugged into which is probably gumming up the works throughout my apt?
Aaargh
I did use my Cellsensor Meter again and found that I had to move my BackUPS further away from me that I had it before. I also tested a wireless USB Mouse and it gave off very little EMF which surprised me.

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #94 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by steve333 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got the setzter meter and all my outlets are way over what they say they should be.
I think I am going to send this thing back because I don't see how I'm going to fix the issue without putting a setzerizer in every outlet, which would be expensive and a apin since I only have double outlets.
I got high readings even when I plugged it into my BackUPS and Surge Suppressor strip.
So, I ordered that inexpensive meter on ebay and I need to figure out what to do next to try and clean up the electricity.
Replace mu BackUPS with a Isobar or Stezter Power Strip? Replace the Surge Suppressor my TV is on with the Brickwall Strip I still have also?
What to do about the outlet my refrigerator is plugged into which is probably gumming up the works throughout my apt?
Aaargh
I did use my Cellsensor Meter again and found that I had to move my BackUPS further away from me that I had it before. I also tested a wireless USB Mouse and it gave off very little EMF which surprised me.

who knew listening to music could be so complicated
icon10.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #95 of 192
Modern life gets more complicated all the time.
I'm going to plug that meter into the Brickwall Line Conditioner tomorrow. If it reads high then I know the meter is probably bullcrap. I don't know why I wasn't using the Brickwall all this time but I didn't unpack it after I moved. The surge protector I'm using for my TV and DVD Player is a cheap Curtis

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #97 of 192
Serious rip-offs. You could make both those devices much cheaper yourself, or purchase the same type of product for a fraction of the price. I would warn people though, something that creates an emf of 7.83hz doesn't make it automatically safe, especially when it's certain to be much more powerful than the schumann resonance that occurs naturally (which is variable btw). And if you play with air ionizers be careful it isn't generating ozone which many will, and if there's not enough open windows ozone will destroy your nose and lungs' mucous membranes. Err and kill you. Trust me it's not fun having ozone attack your respiratory system.

Mar 17, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #98 of 192
talking about ozone, UHP lamps in videoprojectors can also produce it: ozone uhp lamps - Google Search

no more headphones(due to EMF), no more DLP projection(due to Ozone)...ah well, we are dooomed
images

luckily my current DLP pj would appear to have a very effective UV filter, OTOH the previous one made my eyes really dizzy.

Mar 17, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #100 of 192
I connected my equipment to my Brickwall Line conditioner and the Stetzer Meter still showed over 50. I'm thinking there's no way I will ever get the Meter to show less than that no matter what I do.
I'm going to return the Meter. I ordered the ebay Meter, for $10 who cares how good it is.
I think I'm then going to place Isobars by my fridge (they have a 2 outlet version), my microwave, and a 4 plug strip for my bedroom where I have an aircleaner and various things I need plugged in at times like a vacuum cleaner and white noise generator.
I am going to keep my BackUPS/AVR Strip for my computer because it is a good size and seems to be doing the job
I'm also going to try the Ultrasone Headphones and test them with my CellSensor and see if they really are low EMF. Otherwise, back to Amazon they go.
Any other ideas would be welcome.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #101 of 192
Quote:

Any other ideas would be welcome.

Tinfoil hat
icon10.gif

while i hesitate to speak without being flamed into oblivian...

something i already mentioned may be worth checking out, and even though i have already made myself clear, let me give it another go..

I am not going to supply any scientific evidence with my recommendations... im just helping you become aware of products that I and others I know feel work... the rest is up to you.

that said... again...

the link to the quantum products i supplied contains some products.. or at least the company sells them whether they are on the site or not, which power condition various aspects of your whole house
they make one that literally is made to balance out the electricity in your main house lines, and they also make power strips that condition more specifically based on what is plugged into them

they also make software for the computer. and a little pager that you wear

I have everything they make, and it lines the house i live in. i think their stuff works great...

again as i stated earlier, some of these products you may not "feel"
and some of them you may, the variance on what/how people feel is way to large to make a claim on that

some of the products that this company sells are very much feel-able so much so that you cant miss it, but most of them are not.

also the tachyon site i referenced sells a few products specifically aimed at blocking emmisions from power boxes

i wish i owned the proper test equipment but i dont

I know that tachyon site i listed did indeed have a few graphs and test results of one kind or another all throughout it, but i dont think any of the flamers on this page have actually given them a look

I honestly have not given much of the research a look. I bought it from people i have known and respected for years, and trusted their input at the time. I have been using this stuff for so long, and have felt the obvious benefits that i dont really feel the need to put time into researching

so take all that for what its worth to you. Thats about as Scientific as i get in this realm of technology
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #102 of 192
Quote:

I'm also going to try the Ultrasone Headphones and test them with my CellSensor and see if they really are low EMF.

there's been 2 versions of their technology I think? try to get one of the latest models if any possible...but yes, some real world measurements would be awesome!

Mar 17, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #103 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Br777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tinfoil hat
icon10.gif

while i hesitate to speak without being flamed into oblivian...

something i already mentioned may be worth checking out, and even though i have already made myself clear, let me give it another go..

I am not going to supply any scientific evidence with my recommendations... im just helping you become aware of products that I and others I know feel work... the rest is up to you.

that said... again...

the link to the quantum products i supplied contains some products.. or at least the company sells them whether they are on the site or not, which power condition various aspects of your whole house
they make one that literally is made to balance out the electricity in your main house lines, and they also make power strips that condition more specifically based on what is plugged into them

they also make software for the computer. and a little pager that you wear

I have everything they make, and it lines the house i live in. i think their stuff works great...

again as i stated earlier, some of these products you may not "feel"
and some of them you may, the variance on what/how people feel is way to large to make a claim on that

some of the products that this company sells are very much feel-able so much so that you cant miss it, but most of them are not.

also the tachyon site i referenced sells a few products specifically aimed at blocking emmisions from power boxes

i wish i owned the proper test equipment but i dont

I know that tachyon site i listed did indeed have a few graphs and test results of one kind or another all throughout it, but i dont think any of the flamers on this page have actually given them a look

I honestly have not given much of the research a look. I bought it from people i have known and respected for years, and trusted their input at the time. I have been using this stuff for so long, and have felt the obvious benefits that i dont really feel the need to put time into researching

so take all that for what its worth to you. Thats about as Scientific as i get in this realm of technology
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info. The flamers can flame all they want, I know I'm sensitive to EMF so I'm willing to try.
I will look into the Quantum products, are there specific products that you use so I know where to look? I know you mentioned something that plugs in and affects the wiring in the whole house-this sounds like something I'd be interested in, just don't want to confuse one product for another if they have multiple products.
I'll check out the Tachyon again also.
If I use the Quantum Product does that mean I wouldn't need the Tripplite Isobar Surge Suppressors? I would think it's still good to use those.

oops, just re-read your Post:
>nd they also make power strips that condition more specifically based on what is plugged into them<

Perhaps these would be better than the Isobars and can replace them?

Mar 17, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #104 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there's been 2 versions of their technology I think? try to get one of the latest models if any possible...but yes, some real world measurements would be awesome!

Yes, even though it is mentioned that MU shielding is in their HFI versions, I contacted them and they said it is not although supposedly these models still have reduced EMF. The one I'm interested in is $89 so I think I'll try that one first.
I'll report back as soon as I test it.

Mar 18, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #105 of 192
Quote:

Thanks for the info. The flamers can flame all they want, I know I'm sensitive to EMF so I'm willing to try.

You should probably go to a doctor with your EMF sensitivity. If you can actually legitimately feel EMF that could help medicine figure somethings out.

Have you talked to your doctor about this at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back