health issues associated with prolonged headphones use due to EMF pollution?
Mar 16, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #76 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawai_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah those are really ovepriced though they do work , I made a thread over at the Esens forum about these. A better solution to reducing dirty electricity is actaully using one of those tripp lite isobars they will actually filter the electricity like the stezerizers and also whatever you have plugged into them will also be filtered, so it will also stop dirty eletricity from geting into your electronic device as well stopping the device itself from introducing more dirty electricity into your house wires. They are about the same price as one stetzerizer

As for a meter go to ebay and look up entech there is a 10 dollar dirty elctricity meter that actually does a better job than the stetzerizer meter.

Incase anyone is intersted theres two small yahoo forums about this subject, one is called Esens the other is called EMFrefugee.

Is this the meter you were referring to?

ENTECH wideband powerline noise analyzer - eBay (item 270542101391 end time Apr-04-10 17:47:56 PDT)

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #77 of 192
Lets clarify some of these myth.
1) EMF filtering is a gimmic.

Why do I say that? I work around medical equipement all day long. Most of my machines produce emf much stronger than any headphone. The magnets on my linear accelerators will over power a voice coil any day of the week. The truth is there is zero evidence from clinical trials that link illness to low level em exposure.

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:44 AM Post #78 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by steve333 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I was saying is that it can't hurt to discuss these things-some may be legit.
I've learned new things by buying that Meter and a year ago I never would have bothered.

I'll happily discuss things all day but this isn't a discussion - it's a sale. I'll happily discuss why leeches won't cure your cold and wearing a frog around your neck isn't going to get rid of that cough too but I won't come in selling them and claiming that they improve health or sound quality.
Let's have a reasoned scientific discussion.

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #79 of 192
They are recommending products that they have found were helpful, I don't think they are selling them. Do you think they are actively selling the products themselves?
A lot of it looks like hooey and I won't be buying them but I don't mind looking.

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #80 of 192
Quote:

Is this the meter you were referring to?

ENTECH wideband powerline noise analyzer - eBay (item 270542101391 end time Apr-04-10 17:47:56 PDT)

Yea thats the one

Quote:

Lets clarify some of these myth.
1) EMF filtering is a gimmic.

Why do I say that? I work around medical equipement all day long. Most of my machines produce emf much stronger than any headphone. The magnets on my linear accelerators will over power a voice coil any day of the week. The truth is there is zero evidence from clinical trials that link illness to low level em exposure.

Ok... first of all EMF is not just one thing there many types of Emfs, in this case were talking about filtering RF noise from house wires, which is definitly not a "gimmick" ask any HAM radio operator they filter rf noise using capacitors ferrites ect...( though of course they dont filter them for health reasons)

Theres been ALOT of studies proving how harmful the different types of EMFs are. Most of the studies for magentic fields have been focused on the 50 and 60hz fields, it has showed that even with low level fields under 2 gauss changes to cells particularly red blood cells have been observed. In Sweden pregnant women are excused from workng near electronics particularly computers and Sweden has the strictest standards regardng eletronic EMF emmissions in the World. In France I believe they already passed a law prohibiting wi-fi in elementary schools.

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #81 of 192
They put wifi transmitters and cell towers in all the public schools where I live, proof that it is safe
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: typo

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #82 of 192
Quote:

Yea thats the one

Ok... first of all EMF is not just one thing there many types of Emfs, in this case were talking about filtering RF noise from house wires, which is definitly not a "gimmick" ask any HAM radio operator they filter rf noise using capacitors ferrites ect...( though of course they dont filter them for health reasons)

Theres been ALOT of studies proving how harmful the different types of EMFs are. Most of the studies for magentic fields have been focused on the 50 and 60hz fields, it has showed that even with low level fields under 2 gauss changes to cells particularly red blood cells have been observed. In Sweden pregnant women are excused from workng near electronics particularly computers and Sweden has the strictest standards regardng eletronic EMF emmissions in the World. In France I believe they already passed a law prohibiting wi-fi in elementary schools.

Yup, it's definitely an issue. We just need to sift through all the products out there to see which really work and which don't.
I can't believe that Meter is so cheap. It really works?

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #83 of 192
>Yeah those are really ovepriced though they do work , I made a thread over at the Esens forum about these. A better solution to reducing dirty electricity is actaully using one of those tripp lite isobars they will actually filter the electricity like the stezerizers and also whatever you have plugged into them will also be filtered, so it will also stop dirty eletricity from geting into your electronic device as well stopping the device itself from introducing more dirty electricity into your house wires. They are about the same price as one stetzerizer<

What if the wiring itself is dirty? I believe that's what the Stetzerizers do also-clean up dirty lines.

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #84 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They put wifi transmitters and cell towers in all the public schools where I live, proof that it is safe
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: typo

Nope, it proves how the companies putting these towers are taking profit more into consideration than peoples health, thers is lot of proof and studies that show these digital rf signals emmited by wifi and cell towers cause harmful effects , though we dont have enough proof over the long term effects, its pretty sick that these companies still decide to put these towers near schools knowing all this with the excuse that no long term effects have been proven.

Check out this website, and you my also want to youtube emf or "wifi schools" and check out some of the vids regarding this subject

Electromagnetic Pollution | EMF Pollution

Mar 16, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #85 of 192
Quote:

>Yeah those are really ovepriced though they do work , I made a thread over at the Esens forum about these. A better solution to reducing dirty electricity is actaully using one of those tripp lite isobars they will actually filter the electricity like the stezerizers and also whatever you have plugged into them will also be filtered, so it will also stop dirty eletricity from geting into your electronic device as well stopping the device itself from introducing more dirty electricity into your house wires. They are about the same price as one stetzerizer<

What if the wiring itself is dirty? I believe that's what the Stetzerizers do also-clean up dirty lines.

Yes the isobars do this to, what somone told me is that the stetzerizers basically just use a simple capacitor to filter out the electricity and they charge you 30 bucks , the isobars use a number of different capacitors as well ferrites to do this, which i believe give them a wider frequency range of filtering than the stetzerizers which have pretty narrow frequency range of filtering.

The meter really does work I have the stetzerizer meter as well which I bought before I found this one, the 10$ one is better, this meter has a wider frequency range of measuring and it also lets you hear the rf noise (dirty electricity) in your wires with its built in speaker, which IMO gives better representation of the dirty electricity than a number readout which it also gives.

Mar 16, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #87 of 192
Quote:

Yes the isobars do this to, what somone told me is that the stetzerizers basically just use a simple capacitor to filter out the electricity and they charge you 30 bucks , the isobars use a number of different capacitors as well ferrites to do this, which i believe give them a wider frequency range of filtering than the stetzerizers which have pretty narrow frequency range of filtering.

The meter really does work I have the stetzerizer meter as well which I bought before I found this one, the 10$ one is better, this meter has a wider frequency range of measuring and it also lets you hear the rf noise (dirty electricity) in your wires with its built in speaker, which IMO gives better representation of the dirty electricity than a number readout which it also gives.

Interesting. The stetzer meter has a money back guarantee so back it goes!
That's pretty cool about the Isobar, I alaways thought it was just a surge suppressor to protect the equipment attached to it, I never thought it could clean up the wiring to the other outlets. I currently have a BackUPS for my computer equipment, maybe I'll switch to the Isobar. Stetzer also sells a multoutlet model for $75 that contains 2 stetzer filters inside of it but it looks like its really wide.

Mar 16, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #88 of 192
I have never seen such a study showing low 50-60Hz EMF is dangerous to human health, or even Microwave low level EMF - even if it was what do you think these devices are going to do? You're still surrounded by EMF fields from transmitters as well as the wiring in your house giving off 50-60Hz EMF.

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #89 of 192
Quote:

Some members here seem to thing there is severe underlying health issues involved with exposure to magnetic fields. One person commented that techs hide behind a room when taking MRI scans as if there is grave physical danger. The computer and data storage is what's being protected.

J Magn Reson Imaging. 2000 Jul;12(1):2-19.
"In the absence of ferromagnetic foreign bodies, there is no replicated scientific study showing a health hazard associated with magnetic field exposure and no evidence for hazards associated with cumulative exposure to these fields. The very high degree of patient safety in strong magnetic fields is attributed to the small value of the magnetic susceptibility of human tissues and to the lack of ferromagnetic components in these tissues. The wide range of susceptibility values between magnetic materials and human tissues is shown to lead to qualitatively differing behaviors of these materials when they are exposed to magnetic fields. Mathematical expressions are provided for the calculation of forces and torques."

You are right RF filtering is for electronic components not people.

Quote:

No double blind studies. What I means is these are epidemiological studies that compare rates and makes inferences but there is no clear tie to disease. Another issue with a lot of these studies is that can not homoginize the sample population and thus makes the studies moot.

Med Lav. 2008 Jan-Feb;99(1):16-28.
Experimental studies carried out on volunteers showed that short-term exposure to SMF induces a variety of acute effects: (i) vertigo, nausea and a metallic taste in the mouth occur during body or head movement with SMF in T range and may result in a possible negative influence on the performance of workers during critical procedures, (ii) changes in blood pressure and heart rate within the range of physiological variability occur for exposures to SMF up to 8 T (iii) induction of ectopic heart beats and increased likelihood of reversible arrhythmia (possibly leading to ventricular fibrillation) may occur in susceptible workers) (iv) a decrease of working memory and eye-hand coordination are dose-dependent for exposures to 1.5-3 T SMF and may affect the performance of workers executing intricate procedures. The limitations of the available studies, however, do not allow any firm conclusions to be drawn about the effects of SMF on the described endpoints.

There are acute effects but no proof that sustained damage is caused.

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #90 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have never seen such a study showing low 50-60Hz EMF is dangerous to human health, or even Microwave low level EMF - even if it was what do you think these devices are going to do? You're still surrounded by EMF fields from transmitters as well as the wiring in your house giving off 50-60Hz EMF.

There is plenty of evidence if you search for it. Some of it is common sense.
You can't avoid it completely but I was able to remove the highest emitters from my immediate environment by moving an air cleaner away from my bed (my entire bed was a hot zone) and turning off my cell phone while its in my pocket, and by moving some things a little further away from me when sitting at my computer desk.
Will it make a difference? I think it already has but I have health issues, if you are healthy with no symptoms it would be hard to tell. I was suffering from Vertigo and since I made the changes it went away. Could be a coincidence so I'm keeping an eye on it, but so far I am encouraged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back