Headrooms markup... tell me again how much I 'save'?
Jun 5, 2011 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Jodet

1000+ Head-Fier

Here's two bitmaps put together.   The top one is from Headroom listing their '$100' discounted price from the $799 list.  

The bottom one is from AT-USA listing the official price.   Which is, oddly enough, a hundred dollars less than Headroom says.  I hate this kinda stuff.   

Jun 5, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 14

Quote:
Just wondering..why don't you email Headroom and complain instead of posting this here? What good will it do?

I composed an email to them and deleted it without sending it.   What's the point?   They know what they're doing.

On the other hand, if they realize that their practice of inflating MSRP's is more widely known they might re-think it. 

Jun 5, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 14
Headroom isn't the place it used to be since Tyll left. I bet money had something to do with it the reasoning behind that too. Funny how fast some things change. But, on the bright side, stagnation is good for no one and there is plenty of competition out there, so do the smart thing and shop around which is the best way to stop this practice. 

Tyll is certainly doing something way cooler these days IMO too. :)

Jun 15, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 14
Actually, this customer DID email us, and we took the time to correct the situation and we explained that it was simply an HONEST mistake.

Geez, guys, we work our butts off to serve you right and it clearly not in our best interest to rip you or anyone else off! 
frown.gif
  You guys are really jumping to conclusions here about business practices.  Yes, of course we should get our pricing right, but we are human beings and errors do occur. 

We are still the same business of serving the headphone community and the greater public with  the very best service at the very best prices we possibly can.

Can't help but think of today's post by Seth Godin, sort of hitting home today as I read this thread.

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #8 of 14
Really, folks, HeadRoom will treat you right. Email or give them a call.

I've been a customer for five years and they treat me right.

Just so everyone knows, mods and admins do not get discounts or special treatment. I've paid the asking price for everything. But I've been treated well in every transaction. HeadRoom is great to customers, whether you're a mod or a lurker here.

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 14
I've only ordered one thing from them but they matched a price I found elsewhere. I have no problem with them at all.

I saw Craig Ferguson in concert and he said something that very much applies here regarding posts, e-mails, Tweets, or whatever.

1. Does it need to be said?
2. Does it need to be said right now?
3. Does it need to be said by me? 

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #10 of 14

Quote:
Really, folks, HeadRoom will treat you right. Email or give them a call.

I've been a customer for five years and they treat me right.

Just so everyone knows, mods and admins do not get discounts or special treatment. I've paid the asking price for everything. But I've been treated well in every transaction. HeadRoom is great to customers, whether you're a mod or a lurker here.

Admit it Uncle Erik you got a bronzed HD 800 when you made mod
L3000.gif

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #11 of 14
Just buy it from Amazon? As of about 1 min ago, it's around $550 +shipping.

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #12 of 14
I'm sure it was just a mistake. I'm not affiliated with Headroom in any way, but after a long long conversation with an important person in the organization, I'm convinced they are an honest company. From what he told me, they do everything they can to keep prices low while remaining an authorized retailer for all of their brands. I'm quite sure they wouldn't resort to a cheap trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back