Headphones You Can Wear Outside
Apr 17, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #16 of 27

Quote:
Hey what do you guys think about wearing the M50's outside? I'm thinking of buying a pair, how portable are they, and do they look ridiculous?

Do it all the time.  They look pretty sleek, but are a tad big.  I find them perfectly portable if you fold them.  They can fit in most bags very easily.  Honestly, I carry mine around my neck when I'm not listening to them.  As for ridiculous, they are fairly big, so some might think so, but that would go for almost any headphone out there.  Remember, the smaller headphones, aren't THAT much smaller.

At the OP:

If you don't mind the M50s, then just get what ever isn't hideous.  Most headphones are around the same size as the ATH-M50s.

Apr 17, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #17 of 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centigonal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. If you're the type who wears their Jecklin Floats on the train and doesn't care what other people say, cool! But please don't reply to tell us that. 
    wink.gif

Quote:
I personally think the Beyer DT770 pros have a really nice retro look to them.

Your posts contradict themselves. 

I'd say M50 won't make you look like a freak in public. Koss Pro DJ 100 might work too.

Apr 17, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #19 of 27
ATHES7's are ****ing sexy as hell everyone stares at me when I wear em out. Gotta polish em all the time cos of the mirror finish though.

I wear my Ultrasone Dj1Pro's out every now and then, but only when I'm wearing a New Era fitted cap.

Apr 17, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #20 of 27
It really depends on your style. Normally, if i'm not wearing steampunk style clothing (grados), I go out in IEMs or Audio Technica FW3s.

These are more low profile.
I also use something of my own concoction which makes even a person wearing the ad700s out in public look normal. I don't have any pics, but it looks like a fighter jet helmet without the visor.

Apr 17, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #21 of 27
Don't get open headphones - won't be able to listen to them without pissing the people around you off. Get something you thing looks good and has decent isolation. But most importantly wear something that you like, don't be insecure and wear some headphone because its the trend. Bottom line: You gotta have swag.

Apr 17, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #22 of 27

orly???? i wear my AD700s in public, so beat that! :p
Quote:
I'm wondering why you care what other people think of your cans.  I wear my m50's out in public all the time.  They sound nice and they're comfortable.  That's all I need.  Just enjoy the music.  

Apr 17, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #23 of 27
I look ridiculous in my getup where I'm wearing ATH-AD700s on Beats Studio on portapros on ibuds.. with 2 music players playing at the same time on two different pairs of headphones.  I wear that out. often. Guess which two are always playing?

Apr 17, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #24 of 27
Aiaiai Tracks.

Looks like two macarons.

Lightweight and comfy.

Closed back with low isolation (sound isolation is dangerous when moving about)

Sound is excellent and 'fun'

Cons: Very bad wind interference with headband

Apr 17, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #25 of 27
+1 to the M50s, I wear them outside all the time! They are comfortable, portable, give good sound, and look nice =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back