Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity
May 9, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #5,087 of 5,187
  I used to live in Russia and fruits (leaving aside apples) were prohibitively expensive (in comparison with other countries I lived) The image is not mine so here's the artist website http://www.porcupinephotography.com/blog/

Nice link my friend! 

I'd love for that guy to do some photography at a head fi meet or something... oh crud don't we have a oh WAIT ever better! Just made a new friend who's a total Camera o Phile! COULD totally bribe, I mean yea bribe her into getting some swell shots of my 3 lovely woodies! 

May 9, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #5,088 of 5,187
  Oh gawd if ever there where a meme to be generated... two kids in school uniforms wearing those jet black D2k headphones and ur buddy has a look on his face... dang I wish I could think of something 

here's me with my D2ks, Lawton pads and Martin Audio Cocobolo Cups 
and yes I realize I look like hell 

May 9, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #5,090 of 5,187

May 11, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #5,091 of 5,187

May 12, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #5,092 of 5,187
So I got someone else to try my D2K 
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 13, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #5,093 of 5,187
May 13, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #5,094 of 5,187
  good grief dude... you should find like one guy a week and keep us posted on their thoughts 

Haha, he was wondering why they were so huge and I got him to put them on! He turned up my 627 MICRO!!! (super-powerful portable amp it is too) to full volume and I immediately unplugged it and took it back 
tongue.gif

May 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #5,095 of 5,187
  Haha, he was wondering why they were so huge and I got him to put them on! He turned up my 627 MICRO!!! (super-powerful portable amp it is too) to full volume and I immediately unplugged it and took it back 
tongue.gif

pfff dude I have two iBasso Balanced Portables, and when I had my pb1 I had some moron Crank my pb1 to max voulume with my DT 880 600 ohm BALANCED... which means there was a chance he was shoving upwards of like 600mW into that thing >.> drivers are rated for 200mW max. I don't remember the sensitivity so HOPEFULLY he didn't wreck them but yea... I know the feeling, and for the record balanced amplifiers for the most part are more powerful than their single end counter parts, the new pb2 I got can run like 2.4w into 32 ohms, which means if I ran my D2k out of it on High gain... it would xPlode BUT the good new is the D2k is rated at about 2w! And I HIGHLY doubt your amp is shoving 2w per channel! The pb2 I own can but only with the correct Buffers and when it's on high gain. 

Either way I know the feeling, and rest assuared that I doubt your amp can push the d2k to it's 2000 mW or 2W max 

May 13, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #5,096 of 5,187
  pfff dude I have two iBasso Balanced Portables, and when I had my pb1 I had some moron Crank my pb1 to max voulume with my DT 880 600 ohm BALANCED... which means there was a chance he was shoving upwards of like 600mW into that thing >.> drivers are rated for 200mW max. I don't remember the sensitivity so HOPEFULLY he didn't wreck them but yea... I know the feeling, and for the record balanced amplifiers for the most part are more powerful than their single end counter parts, the new pb2 I got can run like 2.4w into 32 ohms, which means if I ran my D2k out of it on High gain... it would xPlode BUT the good new is the D2k is rated at about 2w! And I HIGHLY doubt your amp is shoving 2w per channel! The pb2 I own can but only with the correct Buffers and when it's on high gain. 

Either way I know the feeling, and rest assuared that I doubt your amp can push the d2k to it's 2000 mW or 2W max 

I was still scared as hell though, like you said it's really not a good feeling seeing someone turn the volume knob up all the way! I'm aware of the power of balanced amps compared to single-ended but the 627 MICRO can put over 18 volts into a pair of headphones so I was really worried. There was no problems though as I tested them using sine tones as well as a music afterwards but next time I'm holding my rig myself just so I don't end up almost ****ting myself again 
redface.gif

May 13, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #5,097 of 5,187
  I was still scared as hell though, like you said it's really not a good feeling seeing someone turn the volume knob up all the way! I'm aware of the power of balanced amps compared to single-ended but the 627 MICRO can put over 18 volts into a pair of headphones so I was really worried. There was no problems though as I tested them using sine tones as well as a music afterwards but next time I'm holding my rig myself just so I don't end up almost ****ting myself again 
redface.gif

The pb1 can run about 25 Volts the pb2 can run up to 32 volts of power... and some moron shoved 25 VOLTS into my freaking dt 880!

It's not the volts you need to be worried about it's the total wattage, although... I wish I knew the math to figure out how mny watts that idiot was shoving into the DT 880, although Ive been told though that at around 130 mW the DT 880 would be deafening

that said I also listen to my music at a range of 45-65 Dbs q.q some times as low as 20 dbs in teh morning when I'm tired as piss 

May 16, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #5,099 of 5,187
Obligatory picture of a friend wearing the D2K 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back