Headphones With NO Leakage
Nov 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cdstamper

New Head-Fier
I'm still on my search for the perfect headphone. I want an on-ear (portable) style that sounds very good, but doesn't leak AT ALL.

I work in a quiet office, and I don't want to annoy my coworkers.

So far, I've auditioned dozens of headphones. I've found several that sound good, and even went ahead and bought a pair of TMA1s (Studio) and a pair of HD25s.

The TMAs may as well be speakers - they leak horrible. The HD25s are decent - at low volumes they don't really leak at all. But I often listen loud, and they aren't really going to cut it - they still leak too much.

I already have / don't want IEMs.

I'm looking in the $200-$400 range. I suppose over-ear would be ok, if that's the only option.

Does anyone know of anything? How do the M80s fair in this regard?

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 5
DT770M - the drummers version of the DT770, zero holes.

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #4 of 5
AirBuds (www.air-buds.com) are made with an awesome foam that keeps all sound IN. they run about 40$ they also just sell the foam tips which are better than the comply tips IMHO

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 5
I just pulled out my M80s to test the isolation and at loud volumes they don't isolate completely.  I don't think there are headphones that aren't going to leak at least a bit at high volumes, unless they are chock full of damping material.

Quote:
AirBuds (www.air-buds.com) are made with an awesome foam that keeps all sound IN. they run about 40$ they also just sell the foam tips which are better than the comply tips IMHO

He posted:
I already have / don't want IEMs.

So please, rather than spamming the forum with the same post in every thread about cheap IEMs, why don't you think of something more interesting to contribute?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back