Headphones with low outside isolation (optional) and almost no leakage?? 350$ budget
Jul 29, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #16 of 55
Quote:
Yeah,no,i obviously meant that there wasn't any leakage,the type of leakage that makes everyone hear what i hear.

You're still misunderstanding it. They had a lot of leakage if people could hear what you were listening to. If there wasn't any leakage then people would not have been able to hear what you were listening to. Leakage = sound leaking out of your headphones such that other people can hear what you are listening to.

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #17 of 55
I'm not talking about no leakage whatsoever because even closed headphones have some sort of leakage. I'm saying that there was no isolation from the outside and the leakage wasn't so bad that everyone could hear clearly what i was listening to (lyrics of songs,etc)

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #18 of 55
Quote:

You're still misunderstanding it. They had a lot of leakage if people could hear what you were listening to. If there wasn't any leakage then people would not have been able to hear what you were listening to. Leakage = sound leaking out of your headphones such that other people can hear what you are listening to.

What the ****? I said they didn't have leakage,THE TYPE OF LEAKAGE that makes everyone hear what i hear. I didn't say people were hearing what i was hearing. You're american,how the hell are you misunderstanding an english sentence? Holy hell. 3rd time in a row i've to rephrase.

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #19 of 55
Quote:
I'm not talking about no leakage whatsoever because even closed headphones have some sort of leakage. I'm saying that there was no isolation from the outside and the leakage wasn't so bad that everyone could hear clearly what i was listening to (lyrics of songs,etc)

Alright. Well... I don't know what else to say. If you had headphones that had no isolation that means you could hear what was going on around you. And if you could hear what was going on around you then the people around you could hear what was going on inside your headphones. Sound waves go in both directions.

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #21 of 55
Quote:
How about this... isolation and leakage are inversely proportional. Less isolation, more leakage. More isolation, less leakage.

Well put. There are not different types of leakage. There are varying degrees of leakage and they correspond to the degree isolation.

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #23 of 55
This guy.

Ok the sound you are going to hear will always be louder for the listener rather than those around him. This is because the drivers are facing towards you, and the sounds will be attenuated by your ears, the ear pads etc. We have made this clear by now I think. You don't need special headphones for this.

if you want to hear others clearly while having 0 leakage I guess you should just attach a mic that picks up sounds over a 10m radius or something with a closed back set of cans

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #24 of 55
Sounds like you want headphones that don't completely isolate you from outside noises but don't leak a lot. How about semi-open headphones then? Maybe the Beyerdynamic DT 880.

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #25 of 55
I don't really understand what you guys aren't understanding.

I had a pair of headphones.

They were over the ear.

They didn't isolate me from the sounds around me.

When i listened to them at high volume,the people around could hear A HINT of what i was hearing,but not so much that they could understand a dialogue fully or lyrics or whatever.

I want better headphones that work exactly like that.

Why are you treating me like i don't know what isolation and leakage is,like i don't know the listener hears more than those around him,these are really obvious things that everyone knows,why are you acting like this?

What do i've to do to make this more clear?

Sounds like you want headphones that don't completely isolate you from outside noises but don't leak a lot. How about semi-open headphones then? Maybe the Beyerdynamic DT 880.

YES! Exactly! That's what i want! But i was wondering if the isolation of semi open was almost the same as closed or if it was completely different. Do i hear my voice like i'm in a bubble or do i hear it normally? Also are there some semi-open headphones that are good for gaming/movies (mostly gaming)? I was trying to find a portable amp with dolby headphone,do you know any?

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #26 of 55
Your headphones weren't special. They didn't isolate well and the noise they leaked wasn't an extreme amount to the point that people could hear every little thing about your music. That describes every non-isolating pair of headphones ever made. So just pick one.

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #27 of 55
Quote:
Your headphones weren't special. They didn't isolate well and the noise they leaked wasn't an extreme amount to the point that people could hear every little thing about your music. That describes every non-isolating pair of headphones ever made. So just pick one.

Well i tried the HD 598 and they leaked a lot when not isolating,you could totally hear the lyrics of the song...don't get it really.

Also if you didn't read since i edited:

YES! Exactly! That's what i want! But i was wondering if the isolation of semi open was almost the same as closed or if it was completely different. Do i hear my voice like i'm in a bubble or do i hear it normally? Also are there some semi-open headphones that are good for gaming/movies (mostly gaming)? I was trying to find a portable amp with dolby headphone,do you know any?

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #28 of 55
Yes, semi-open headphones will allow you to hear your voice and they won't make it sound like you are in a bubble. They just won't allow you to hear your voice as loudly and as fully open headphones will. But fully open headphones will leak even more, which is why I recommended semi-open headphones. Open and semi-open headphones are good for gaming and movies because they tend to have a larger soundstage than closed headphones. The 880s are a great choice for full size semi-open headphones and would be pretty good for gaming and movies.

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #29 of 55
Also checkout the Audio Technica AD700. They are fully open but are very popular for gaming and movies but not so much for music.

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #30 of 55
Quote:
Yes, semi-open headphones will allow you to hear your voice and they won't make it sound like you are in a bubble. They just won't allow you to hear your voice as loudly and as fully open headphones will. But fully open headphones will leak even more, which is why I recommended semi-open headphones. Open and semi-open headphones are good for gaming and movies because they tend to have a larger soundstage than closed headphones. The 880s are a great choice for full size semi-open headphones and would be pretty good for gaming and movies.

Do you have any other headphone you recommend (if you used any semi-open) ? Also about the amp,you know any? What do you think i should use to drive one of these headphones? One with dolby headphone would be appreciated.

Also checkout the Audio Technica AD700. They are fully open but are very popular for gaming and movies but not so much for music.

Yeah already saw them in Envy's thread,didn't really like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back