Headphones under 170
Apr 5, 2011 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

jhtang2

New Head-Fier
Hey y'all. Ive been looking around for headphones that have good sound quality,bass, for all types of music. R&B, hip hop, jazz, classical.

I am looking not only for sound quality, but material quality, and appearance. 

I have a couple of AKG phones that are decent at the moment such as the 242, and the 171. The 701 and 702 are a lil above my price range though.

Imputs? Thanksss!

Apr 5, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 16
How about the Ultrasone HFi-680?  It has both looks and a very dynamic sound signature.

Apr 5, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 16
Theyre allright. I kind of want something different than the usual black over ear headphone look. Sony,  Denon, and Untrasone have the same look. The AKG, Beats, or Sennheiser 598 are different. I want something like those.

Thoughts?

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 16

Quote:
Theyre allright. I kind of want something different than the usual black over ear headphone look. Sony,  Denon, and Untrasone have the same look. The AKG, Beats, or Sennheiser 598 are different. I want something like those.

Thoughts?

yeah go for 598.  Forget Beats tho.  No one like beats here.

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:

Thoughts?

Then in that case how about Phiaton's MS 300?  It's a pretty sleek looking headphone with a nice and smooth bassy overall sound presentation, it's an on-ear design instead of an over-ear.

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #9 of 16
Tyoung8, you beat me to it and those are some nice pics as well.

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #10 of 16
yeah, think a pic with a nice girl makes the headphone look nicer.  
smile.gif

I think tho the OP is looking at something more... eye catching like...

eek.gif
  or...

tongue_smile.gif

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #11 of 16
LOL!  I think that last one would be great listen during the week of Halloween.

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #12 of 16
I'm really partial to AudioTechnica AD700's - the base might be a bit anemic, but it's very tight. Plus the cups are HUGE and PURPLE! People I know say they look pretty cool, and they're comfy as all get out. Save $100 and take your girlfriend out to dinner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back