Headphones that gave you your first "eargasm"?
Feb 21, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #16 of 72
nice let's keep em comin.

Feb 21, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #18 of 72
I got my first eargasm from a headphone with my Sennheiser HD 595 with Soloz Audio Cardas cable on my Marantz 1090 being fed with the CD 6002. I was listening to Pink Floyd - The Wall and completely lost track of time. I generally listen to whole CDs and not just one track so I cannot say that "this" track did it for me it was more the hole "The Wall" experience that brought me peace of mind. That was the first time I can recall I have probably felt the same way a couple of times this is just the only one I can remember right now
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #20 of 72
There have been many, but...

First time: MS-1 via 1/4" jack on a Sony 5-CD deck, playing November Rain, by Guns N' Roses.
Another memorable one: MS-1 via iBasso D1, playing Stairway to Heaven, by Led Zeppelin. I'd finally borrowed a hard copy of the album from a friend, and it was my first time listening to the lossless ALAC files instead of the 160 kbps mp3s that I'd, erm, previously procured.

Looking forward to many more with my K 701s that arrived today! (The pink noise is currently doing its thing. As I'd been told, they were kinda harsh right out of the box.)

Feb 22, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #22 of 72
can you have an eargasm from IEMs?

Feb 22, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #25 of 72
Creative EP-630 with iAudio G3
listening to Red hot chilli peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)

Feb 22, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #26 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can you have an eargasm from IEMs?

Why couldn't you? It's all about the music.

Feb 22, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #28 of 72
Beyerdynamics DT 999 listening to Fingerpainting: The Music of Herbie Hancock by Christian McBride/Nicholas Payton/Mark Whitfield. I thought I felt the bass reverberate in my guts. Incredible.

Feb 22, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #29 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

true but i jut haven't heard stories of IEM eargasms. does anybody have one?

Feb 22, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #30 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

& the gear being used correct? People usually associate the two together.. There can be a difference. Some music can get to me emotionally & fill my body & brain, regardless of source, But I only noticed true euphoria & giddiness, jaw dropping tingles when listening to music with better gear.. So maybe theres a difference..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back