Headphones that gave you your first "eargasm"?
Feb 21, 2008 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

AgainstTheGrain

500+ Head-Fier
well i decided to post this cuz i just had my first "eargasm" i was listening with:

HD600 with HD650 cable

TO:

Timbaland: Shock Value - The Way I Are remix [bonus track] Timbaland VS. Nephew @ 320kbps

omg i had read about the "eargasm" but i thought it was just an exaggeration. boy was i wrong. i can't really describe the sensation that was going through my brain. it was like my head had goosebumps and i couldn't do anything but close my eyes and nod my head.

since my lod is on its way and my headsix doesn't have a 1/4 jack and my grado 1/4 adapter is on its way as well. I have my HD600 hooked up to my sony home stereo and have my ipod running through the RC jacks in the back.

all i can say is wow.

now i turn the floor over to the members of head-fi. what's the story of the phones that gave you your first "eargasm" or most recent "eargasm" if you can't remember back that far.

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:09 AM Post #3 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is double post, by the way - there's another thread exactly like this.

Oops sorry bout that.
redface.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 72
how do i edit the thread title?

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:16 AM Post #6 of 72
Link to previous thread?

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #8 of 72
Quote:

press "edit"
biggrin.gif

i did that it won't let me edit the original thread title just my post. smartass lol

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #9 of 72
nevermind all better. didn't kno i had to press Go Advanced.

i don't think this thread has been discussed yet.
wink.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:33 AM Post #10 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i did that it won't let me edit the original thread title just my post. smartass lol

at least you got a laugh out of it lol
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/wha...phones-265679/
you can edit original thread's title by pressing edit on the opening post - you can do it since you started this thread.
Good night!

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #11 of 72
Quote:

at least you got a laugh out of it lol
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/wha...phones-265679/
you can edit original thread's title by pressing edit on the opening post - you can do it since you started this thread.
Good night!

nah that's not what i'm asking. that's just an appreciation thread. an "eargasm" is different from just appreciation of your phones. its and actual bodily reaction to the music.

Feb 21, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #12 of 72
The Stax SR-007.
First auditioned it in the summer of 2006, and I was hooked right away.

Feb 21, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #13 of 72
A pair of Grado sr80's thru an sr71 amp listening to some stevie ray vaughn. Riviera paradise I think the song was.

Feb 21, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #14 of 72
That I remember clearly: Crappy little earphones that came with my Panasonic portable tape player. Listening to the Main Theme from The Rock soundtrack on a compilation tape I'd made on the bus home from school.

So yeah, a while ago. I might still have the earphones in a drawer somewhere too.

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #15 of 72
If I remember correctly it was listening to "technicolor lover by new radicals" on my then new DT990's
smily_headphones1.gif

I was amazed at the depth of the soundstage and the slamming bass and crisp highs, the hfi 780's give me the same experience a day or so ago while hearing some moody blues hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back