Headphones that gave you your first "eargasm"?
Feb 25, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #61 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SA5000 was released in 05.. Wasn't ages ago.. & they would give you multiple eargasms..

good point. i stand corrected

Mar 22, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #62 of 72
"Comfortably Numb" off Pink Floyd's P.U.L.S.E. album, through a pair of HD280 Pros.

Second time was same headphones, Nightwish's "Meadows of Heaven" off their new album Dark Passion Play.

And from that moment I was hooked on cans.

Mar 22, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #65 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That I remember clearly: Crappy little earphones that came with my Panasonic portable tape player. Listening to the Main Theme from The Rock soundtrack on a compilation tape I'd made on the bus home from school.

So yeah, a while ago. I might still have the earphones in a drawer somewhere too.

Heh, now that I think about it I had a similar experience. I dubbed the Mechwarrior 2 game soundtrack onto a cassette tape by plugging some headphones into the CD-ROM drive and strapping them onto a portable tape recorder (I actually did it several times to get the levels right and block out any external noise). Despite the poor fidelity of the dub and some crappy little headphones of unknown manufacture, I still remember listening to that tape while laying in bed at night, completely enthralled by it.

I'd probably puke if I listened to those headphones with what I know now, good thing they're long gone.
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #66 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, now that I think about it I had a similar experience. I dubbed the Mechwarrior 2 game soundtrack onto a cassette tape by plugging some headphones into the CD-ROM drive and strapping them onto a portable tape recorder (I actually did it several times to get the levels right and block out any external noise). Despite the poor fidelity of the dub and some crappy little headphones of unknown manufacture, I still remember listening to that tape while laying in bed at night, completely enthralled by it.

I'd probably puke if I listened to those headphones with what I know now, good thing they're long gone.
tongue.gif

Ahh -- the things we had to do for our music in the early days.
eek.gif

I remember hooking wires right to the speaker terminals on a radio (no jacks in those days!), and from there to a little cassette-tape recorder, and capturing all the tunes from a special radio show one day, that featured all the top music of the day, back-to-back. I listened to that "special" tape until it fell apart. Loved the music then, still ove it now.
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #71 of 72
Shure E2's. I was easy to please back then. The isolation and frequency response meant I could have some pretty serious sound delivered before, after, and sometimes during class. Running right from an iHP-120, I was blissfully ignorant to amps and the notion of spending what I do now on audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back