Headphones Most Suitable For Kpop?
Nov 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mheat122134

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I was searching through the forum for headphones but i cant find anything i want. So I need help on which headphones would be suitable for listening to kpop and a bit of rap? I want something that can really bring out the music in both, sound quality and are comfortable. I was thinking of the V-Moda M-80 and Sennheiser HD-25 not sure if they're the best choice? My budget is under $300.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 5
From what you're describing, emphasized bass without recessed mids should be something you'd want.

Haven't heard the M100 but it should be fine for what you want. The M50 could work too. Check out the M80, HD25-1-II, and the Custom One Pro.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Hi i'm a newbie here, I was searching through the forum but i cant find anything i want. So i just wanna ask, which headphones would be suitable for listening to kpop (which basically consists of pop, electronic pop (including some rap) and ballads) and a bit of rap? I want something that can really bring out the music in both, sound quality and are comfortable. I was thinking of the V-Moda M-100 and Audio Technica ATH-M50? not sure if they're the best choice, any suggestions? My budget is under $300.

Heya,

I spent some time with a lot of headphones specifically see what was great with k/j-pop. It had to be able to have realistic vocals, not too subdued treble, but not too bright either, so that you can get all the emotion and top-end and it not be boring. But also have excellent bass, for the beats and pop of it all, but not over the top bass, that doesn't bleed out your mids. Here's what I enjoyed the most:

AudioTechnica A900X - pretty much my default "king of k/j-pop" recommendation.
AudioTechnica A700X - go this route if you want less mid-bass.
Beyer DT770 - oddly enough this performs excellent for k/j-pop.
Denon D2000 - another excellent choice for the k/j-pop.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back