Headphones for trance music around 100 bucks
Aug 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ezeql

New Head-Fier
Hi All!.

I'm looking for a good pair of headphones for listening to trance music. Budget: Around 100 usd...
Source will be a pc with onboard soundcard alc889.

Thanks!

Aug 8, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
Hi All!.

I'm looking for a good pair of headphones for listening to trance music. Budget: Around 100 usd...
Source will be a pc with onboard soundcard alc889.

Thanks!

Heya,

Increase your budget by $30.

Then get the Ultrasone HFI 580. Anything less will simply not do and you will regret it. Don't even look at AudioTechnica M50's. HFI 580's, or bust, in this price range and for that genre of music.

Very best,

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #8 of 13
Hi, I can extend my budget by $50. I'll be listening to vocal / uplifting trance. 

I like this model: "Audio Technica es7" recommended by Squirelrepublic. How comfortable are they? Also, they seem to be discontinued. arent new headphones always better than old ones?

Last question: can this type of headphones be used with any sound card?

Thanks all!

Aug 9, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
Hi, I can extend my budget by $50. I'll be listening to vocal / uplifting trance. 

I like this model: "Audio Technica es7" recommended by Squirelrepublic. How comfortable are they? Also, they seem to be discontinued. arent new headphones always better than old ones?

Last question: can this type of headphones be used with any sound card?

Thanks all!

It's comfortable enough, it's not the best ... but still comfortable
the problem is It's kinda tight on your ears and can be hot during summer time.

if you don't mind buying it used find it in for sale in this forum, es7 should run about 50$ - 60$ (previously it was 70$ new), also you can find his bigger brother "esw-9" for  around 150 used

not sure about es55, i haven't try it ...
also if you're looking for es7, be careful with ebay, there're lot of fakes from there

and yes this type of headphone can be used with any sound card / mp3 player ...

Aug 9, 2011 at 12:21 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
Heya,

Increase your budget by $30.

Then get the Ultrasone HFI 580. Anything less will simply not do and you will regret it. Don't even look at AudioTechnica M50's. HFI 580's, or bust, in this price range and for that genre of music.

Very best,

+1000..
Get the 580 and thank us later..

Aug 9, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #11 of 13
580 > ES7. ES7 is a headphone for the portable world. If you want real headphones that were literally made for trance, the Hfi 580s are what you should get. ES7 are uncomfortable as well. I can vouch for the comfort and isolation of Ultrasones. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #13 of 13
HFI-580 FTW! They're God dayum good!

I have the 680 because I wanted a little less bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back