Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Mar 23, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #7,261 of 12,322
650 is actually a using a fast transducer. The impressions of slowness can come from the bass distortion when not used with a good pairing amp.

Run a 650 with a Jot balanced to see what I'm talking about. That pairing with repeatedly punch you in the face with metal, haha.

Honestly, how big of a difference is balanced vs se? What balanced Dac are you using?

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #7,262 of 12,322
Honestly, how big of a difference is balanced vs se? What balanced Dac are you using?

The bigger difference might come from a vastly different implementation of the DAC and AMP rather than the fact it is balance 
gs1000.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #7,266 of 12,322
but is a only dynamic driver... nothing interesting...

That was my first thought months ago. It's no LCD-4, but it's ~95% closed and doesn't suck. That's no easy feat. Beats my old TH900 in enjoyment factor while leaking less. It's FR is more appealing to the masses than the TH900 as well. Considering the 2 are priced in the same MSRP ballpark, it's the clear winner unless you want a heavy V. The earpads are much better and I'm sure it costs less to repair as well. Oh... let's not forget that they use connectors that DON'T ABSOLUTELY SUCK! I'm looking at you, everyone except for Audeze and ZMF (the abyss as well).

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #7,267 of 12,322
Dynamics can be just as good as any other design! 

It is not the design but the implementation that matters! 

HD800, ie800, Signature DJ are all dynamics! They sound awesome! 

LCD-4 and LCD-X are planars! They sound awesome! 

HE1 is electrostatic! IT sounds awesme! 

Try to enjoy more and care less for biases. Go and listen to devices before judging! 

You will find headphones you like from any designs as well as headphones you dislike from any design. I guarantee this with 100% certainty. 

I'm still looking for a good BA IEM as the ones I heard thus far were a tad rolled off in the treble. Especially as BA's should be rather treble happy. The BAs I tried had great to amazing BASS, average to poor mids and almost deleted treble. This is weird as this really sounds opposed to how BAs should sound like - but they were only 3 pairs and from the same company so far so I'm looking forward for the BA that will amaze me 
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #7,268 of 12,322
  tfw a product (the ZMF Eikon) delivers on the hype.

You get to hear Atticus yet? I just love the slam and mids on that beast,although i just blew my Atticus cash on a vintage Onkyo receiver,a Chord Mojo and a NOS Telefunken 12AU7,so it might be awhile before I get my pair.

This hobby loves to spend my $

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #7,269 of 12,322
  You get to hear Atticus yet? I just love the slam and mids on that beast,although i just blew my Atticus cash on a vintage Onkyo receiver,a Chord Mojo and a NOS Telefunken 12AU7,so it might be awhile before I get my pair.

This hobby loves to spend my $

Nah. Only the Eikon thus far. I purchased someone's used pair.

LOL. RIP wallets indeed.

This wasn't too cheap. Had to get a new one of these tooAfter much neglect, I purchased enough clothes in the last month to last me a few years.

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #7,272 of 12,322
Someone listening death metal, melodic folk bla bla on beyerdynamic t5p 2nd gen?
Can you make a comparation vs iems b.a and others headphones full size?

I have the T5p 2nd and I like them. They have a nice instrument separation, good speed, fair soundstage and good bass. People complain about them leaking sound but I have not had problems regarding that so far. I must say, though, that I do not listen to music at very high volumes. For me, they also have an adequate amount of treble and are not sibilant, which was apparently a problem with the first gen.

Comparing them against the Oppo PM3, the T5p is more open sounding, bass has lot more impact and are much more engaging and they are also more comfortable. Against the DT1770, the T5p are less bright, have better bass accuracy and are much more comfortable, soundstage is similar. Against HD650, the T5p have more soundstage and are less veiled, they are also much easier to drive.

I do not use IEMs due to some serious wax issues, so, no comparison available in that regard.

Those comparisons are not fair, due to the price difference, being a fair one agains the Mr Speakers AEON or something similar (Which I have not owned yet), however, I think that the T5p have a nice price/performance ratio.

Regarding portability, the carrying box is rather big, but it can be fitted inside my backpack anyway.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #7,273 of 12,322

I have the T5p 2nd and I like them. They have a nice instrument separation, good speed, fair soundstage and good bass. People complain about them leaking sound but I have not had problems regarding that so far. I must say, though, that I do not listen to music at very high volumes. For me, they also have an adequate amount of treble and are not sibilant, which was apparently a problem with the first gen.

Comparing them against the Oppo PM3, the T5p is more open sounding, bass has lot more impact and are much more engaging and they are also more comfortable. Against the DT1770, the T5p are less bright, have better bass accuracy and are much more comfortable, soundstage is similar. Against HD650, the T5p have more soundstage and are less veiled, they are also much easier to drive.

I do not use IEMs due to some serious wax issues, so, no comparison available in that regard.

Those comparisons are not fair, due to the price difference, being a fair one agains the Mr Speakers AEON or something similar (Which I have not owned yet), however, I think that the T5p have a nice price/performance ratio.

Regarding portability, the carrying box is rather big, but it can be fitted inside my backpack anyway.

I was interested in those for a while. I used to really like the Beyers, but I find you have to be very careful about matching gear with them due to their sometimes-whacky treble tuning. I did like the DT1770 and DT1990, however. I imagine neither would mesh well with my Jot, or any Sabre DACs, but probably would be very nice with the Mojo.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #7,274 of 12,322

What setup you using with ur t5p2? i listened the t5p2 and the bass is very neutral with nothing of impact and punch...

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #7,275 of 12,322
  That was my first thought months ago. It's no LCD-4, but it's ~95% closed and doesn't suck. That's no easy feat. Beats my old TH900 in enjoyment factor while leaking less. It's FR is more appealing to the masses than the TH900 as well. Considering the 2 are priced in the same MSRP ballpark, it's the clear winner unless you want a heavy V. The earpads are much better and I'm sure it costs less to repair as well. Oh... let's not forget that they use connectors that DON'T ABSOLUTELY SUCK! I'm looking at you, everyone except for Audeze and ZMF (the abyss as well).

"Only a dynamic driver" is nonsense. You guys realize headphones don't use DDs out of some weird inability to understand planars and estats, right? I know Audeze got everyone on the planar train and the big boys use them, but Focal didn't make a $4000 dynamic flagship because they were too stubborn to use something else. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back