Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Jan 2, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #6,241 of 12,308
I haven't really done any extensive listening to planars directly out of the Mojo so I don't have a good answer for you.

Hansotek

Have you demo'd the HiFi M8?

It was a few years ago but when I lived in Bangkok they were the most powerful portable amp I'd ever heard.How do is it rank these days?

Jan 2, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #6,242 of 12,308
Hansotek

Have you demo'd the HiFi M8?

It was a few years ago but when I lived in Bangkok they were the most powerful portable amp I'd ever heard.How do is it rank these days?

I haven't really spent quality time with any CEntrance products, TBH.

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #6,244 of 12,308
Enjoying my LCD-3 that I bought on the sales forum. They were shipped right after Christmas. Came w/ upgraded carbon fiber headband which is nice, vegan ear pads-like new with 21016 drivers. The seller bought a bunch of Audeze and HE stuff, then decided he wanted an LCD-4 and now is selling off his remaining gear. Barely used....I'm happy!

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #6,245 of 12,308
  I will defer on that,considering "War Pigs" is the closest song to stoner/doom that I like.

I will take back that statement.

Just discovered a band called Book of Wyrms that is doom/stoner/psychedelic/rock/metal

New album out this year...pretty damn good! 

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #6,246 of 12,308

I will defer on that,considering "War Pigs" is the closest song to stoner/doom that I like.

Just discovered a band called Book of Wyrms that is doom/stoner/psychedelic/rock/metal

That's awesome, dude! Stoner/doom is a very big and wide genre. More than half of it i can't stand, but for me the other half is pure bliss.

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #6,247 of 12,308
That's awesome, dude! Stoner/doom is a very big and wide genre. More than half of it i can't stand, but for me the other half is pure bliss.

Im always listening to new stuff,trying to "broaden my horizons"but I dont find too much outside of what im used to that I end up liking w/o having to try to like it.

This stuff i liked immediately
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #6,248 of 12,308

If you are looking for grade A+ doom/stoner/psychedelic metal, I can warmly recommend Mammoth Weed Wizard person's Y Proffwyd Dwyll, which I included in the top 10 of my best metal of 2016 list I posted recently in the other metal thread:

https://newheavysounds.bandcamp.com/album/y-proffwyd-dwyll

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #6,249 of 12,308

If you are looking for grade A+ doom/stoner/psychedelic metal, I can warmly recommend Mammoth Weed Wizard person's Y Proffwyd Dwyll, which I included in the top 10 of my best metal of 2016 list I posted recently in the other metal thread:

https://newheavysounds.bandcamp.com/album/y-proffwyd-dwyll

And also check this one. A Pale Horse Named Death. Great sound bass sound when it kicks in..
outhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR-sMAI740E&list=RDAR-sMAI740E&index=1

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #6,251 of 12,308
HiFiMan Edition 6 . . . this hobby . . . (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Loving the LCD-4 and no chance in hell can I afford those Ed.6 today. I hope they suck just so I can rest easy. Lol.

All I could do was laugh at the Hifiman announcement.  Out of their minds and a disservice to the hobby IMO.

I got a ZMF Ori (Omni) in zebrawood in last week and I'm finally having time to listen.  Unfortunately not enough power from my Sonett, so I'm running out of my Asgard 2.  These things are friggin powerful.  One of the better planars I've heard, right up there with the HE560 (although with far better build quality than the 560).

Beautiful cups too.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #6,253 of 12,308
  What is edition 6?

I don't see any mention of this anywhere? Do you mean that shragri la or whatever it's called?

New HiFiMan TOTL planar...6,000 usd

BTW Shangri La got stolen last night @ CES :frowning2: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back