Headphone suggestion-Prefferably Bose vs Shure
Jun 13, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #16 of 22
Like others have said, avoid the Bose. I would get the SE310's, esp. if you're in a hurry. You can always upgrade later to a better headphone if/when you're no longer happy with the Shure's. It'll also give a you chance to familiarize with what you like/don't like in a headphone.

Jun 13, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by therock003
-What's the difference between shure se530 and 530pth?Is it of any importance, that i get the 530pth?

the pth (push to hear) is a device that connects between your headphone and your DSP. The device provide a mic to let you hear people talking to you without removing the phones or stoping your mp3. you just have to "push(the button) to hear" people talking around you.

I had the PTH for a year and never used it myself.

You might want to have a look at this post wich links you to a place to get 30% off on Shure products on a site that already reduced the SE530PTH to the price of the SE530 wich get you to a price of 350$ before shipping. To tell you the truth... if you're planning on buyin Shure headphones... go there!

Jun 13, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #18 of 22
Remember that most IEMs require good (i.e. not very bad) source and decent file format (lossles or very high bit rate mp3). If all your music is compressed in low bit rate mp3s, IEMs won't sound good, as they will pick out all the artifacts caused by compression.

If you choose custom IEMs, keep in mind that buying them is a process (going to audiologist, shipping the ear impressions to the company) and it takes time. You should check out also:
Live Wires Custom Fit In-Ear Monitors / Headphones
FREq SOUNDS

If you state what your budget is, it will be easier to help you. What is your source for the IEMs?

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #19 of 22
I personally own Bose and a Shure SE 210,

Bose is not a bad product - But it's more inclined towards Bassier feel <and is more Market driven>
Shure in my opinion has a very fine balance of Treble and Bass, which is worth the price.

I like the Bose headphones but "LOVE" the Shure Earphones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back