Headphone Stands
Feb 5, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #316 of 348
I have this stand and am curious: is there any chance that leaving the headphones on there could ruin the clamping force of the headband or squish the pads?

Big headphones, maybe.  Smaller ones, not so much if at all.

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #318 of 348
Thanks. I shiuld have said that I have Beyer dt880s and HiFiMan he400's. Are those considered big?

You should be fine anyways. I was at a recent meet and a guy had a similar style stand like yours only it was wood. It had an Audeze LCD-3 on it and looked fine without signs of damage.

May 18, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #319 of 348
I need a solution to show off 7 cans of various sizes and am considering several options.

Option one, get a mug display rack for the wall https://www.etsy.com/listing/232403830/6-mug-hanging-mug-rack?ref=market 

Option two, get a stand alone wall mounted shelf and buy a bunch of omega style headphone stands.

Option three, buy a bunch of mannequin heads one for each headphone. Perhaps getting different masks for each or something.

Option four, find a series of helmets or something the appropriate size  not to ruin the headphone clamping.

For option three I need ideas for types of masks to use or some way of making it unique. Option four I have no clue as to how big they can be before they start to hurt my headphones. 

In closing please give me some ideas or your opinions on how I can make a fun and interesting display for my headphones. Thank You Guys

Jul 7, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #322 of 348
Doesn`t it have weight distribution issues when headphones are mounted? 
About pure look design - I would leave base uncut and add some kind of circle which acts as base-weight + cable "organizer".

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #323 of 348
It's just prototype \ layout.
It'll be cutted from 3mm thick metal sheet.
Yes, it already redrawn, without that drop-like cutout in base, and without that holes in upper part, and maybe i'll add a small ledge in base perimeter to keep all cables in place. You just read my mind.

Jul 26, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #325 of 348
Here is my stand from Eric (WoodWarmth) on Etsy 

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #328 of 348
Got this for 8 bucks on Amazon, on sale from $40. Ouch. 8 bucks, I cannot complain, it works great! (middle pic is mine) I got this one instead of The Anchor because this appeared easier to put on/take off the rack (without the lip that The Anchor provides). Thinking about getting another one just to wrap extra cables around.

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #329 of 348
Here's my IEM headphone stand:

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #330 of 348
I like the Woo Audio HPS-RC. The design supports from the band and doesn't put pressure on the ear-pads of the headphones. I say this because I also have the Sieveking Sound Omega headphone stand, which looks amazing but i feel puts stress on the headband and the ear-pads 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back