headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2003 at 2:17 AM Post #242 of 855
After riding the NYC subways every day and never seeing any remotely decent headphones, I finally ran into someone else with Ety's today. Pulled mine out to show him and we bonded.

Jun 7, 2003 at 3:51 AM Post #243 of 855
Not sure if this conts, but I saw a cute girl wearing ksc50.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #244 of 855
I saw an asian girl that was listening to some nasty earbuds, but I SAW IT!!, SHE HAD A D-EJ01!! , I was like WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, I wanted to ask her if she would sell it to me, but her music was too loud (seen at barnes and noble)...I was sooooo happy, it really does look a lot better in real life!

Jun 7, 2003 at 4:00 AM Post #245 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
I saw an asian girl that was listening to some nasty earbuds, but I SAW IT!!, SHE HAD A D-EJ01!! , I was like WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH, I wanted to ask her if she would sell it to me, but her music was too loud (seen at barnes and noble)...I was sooooo happy, it really does look a lot better in real life!

It kills me when I see someone using a really old PCDP that's probably worth 100's with the earbuds it came with. They probably think it's terrible and have no idea....

Jun 7, 2003 at 4:22 AM Post #246 of 855
It was scary, she said "lets go" in this commanding voice to her boyfriend then slammed the 01 up against her magazines, it made a light "clack" noise, I was surprised that someone with such a good unit would treat it so badly, the funny thing is that I treated my 915 very well adn the lid is bent, and the little open switch thing has the little wedge that holds the lid down nocked off!

Jun 8, 2003 at 12:49 AM Post #247 of 855
hehe, i accident slammed my car door on my imp350 remote controller once :'(. its all scratchy now.

i dont have any luck seeing people with good equipments yet. once i saw a senn hd433, and some guy witha koss studio headphone. thats about it. i wish i have the red imp400, anyone want to sell me their red imp400 remote controller?

Jul 5, 2003 at 2:23 AM Post #248 of 855
I was on the 10 tram in Helsinki yesterday on my way to get my hair done and there was a guy in the back of the tram who had on Koss ksc-35s. Very very rare in Finland.

Come on, who are you? I know you're here. 'Fess up.
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2003 at 1:25 PM Post #249 of 855
Luckily, I've seen a variety of people wearing diff headphones in the train. Twice I've seen the Grado sr-80's, the sony v6's, v7's, and I've also seen various sennheiser models including the 497's. Other than that, 95% of all the other sighting were people with sh**y stock streeystyles and stock earbuds.

Jul 5, 2003 at 3:59 PM Post #250 of 855
I saw a guy in the airport the other week. I'm pretty sure he was wearing Sony MDR-F1's.

Jul 5, 2003 at 5:14 PM Post #251 of 855
I wonder how all of you people will react if, coincidentally, you spot a man wearing for instance Grado RS1, or the Sennheiesr hd 600's? Would you, like me, creep closer and adore the presence of these cans? Fine how about if they're wearing the Sony r10
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 8, 2003 at 1:09 AM Post #252 of 855
Or you could wait for a break in the music (easy enough to hear if they're open phones) and casually say "sorry about your wallet" and watch for the reaction. Maybe you just met a headfier.
wink.gif

Jul 8, 2003 at 10:55 AM Post #254 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by plainsong
and casually say "sorry about your wallet" and watch for the reaction.

sounds like a hold up! bet if you look threatening the guy/gal just might hand over their wallet
tongue.gif

Jul 8, 2003 at 11:17 AM Post #255 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by bjjp2
After riding the NYC subways every day and never seeing any remotely decent headphones, I finally ran into someone else with Ety's today. Pulled mine out to show him and we bonded.

Ha ha! I thought I had found an Ety-buddy on the tube here in London the other day. Spotted a resister style looking thing lurking on the cord of this guys headphones. Turns out they were just sony buds with a crazy style shirt clip. So near and yet so far....
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back