headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2003 at 5:00 AM Post #227 of 855
Which is good, more people getting into Headfidelity
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2003 at 12:49 PM Post #228 of 855
about a month ago, saw someone wearing the Senn HD-580 in the bus. I tried that myself once but the bus is way too noisy .. and a week ago saw someone wearing the PortaPro's in Amsterdam Central Station. Not hard to spot. those ugly headphones
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2003 at 1:05 PM Post #229 of 855
There are actually a lot more 7506s around USC than I would have expected. Lot of v600s too though. And now that I have my newly acquired v900s I too can join the army of vcrap
tongue.gif
. I was just curious to see what'd they sound like and I needed some DJ cans anyways. (reversable earcups and 3000mW powerhandling I think will come in handy) I got em from cscott23 for 80 bucks, I think they're worth it actually. Super comfy. Bass a little boomy, sound colored a little warm, highs a little recessed but nothing to flame over in my opinion. I read bangraman's view of their strength in laid back jazz and I feel it. Anyways, what else. There's on girl in one of my theatre classes with v300s. Funny how I think I would find her attractive except for the v300s. This is a freaking disease. I haven't even heard the v300s. How can I possibly judge her on that? But whatever. There's also the usual batch of street styles and stock headphones. It's just the stock headphones that really make me want to cringe though. Than I have to remind myself that audiophila is stupid (from my rant in the member's lounge). Yeah, then the only other headphones I've been able to identify is a few people with Koss UR-50s. Actually there was this one guy maybe a week ago who had some headphones going into an insulated lunch thing that I figured might be a rather large portable amp. I was kind of late meeting people at the time though so I didn't get to ask or really look closely. Oh well. That's my rambling for this morning.

May 6, 2003 at 10:23 PM Post #231 of 855
Actually there was a kid in my high school who wore what looked like Senn. HD-590's, which was really cool! Unfortunately, he's recently been coming to school with some cheezy normal 'phones.

But other than him, it's just lonely old me, walking around with my KSC-35's and V6's. Lotsof people who wear absolute Sony Vcrap.

May 18, 2003 at 9:55 PM Post #232 of 855
Walking down the street I saw a guy with Bose TriPort headphones on. They arent great but what can I say they are better than those annoying street style headphones. Where I really have some interesting sightings is when I go on an airplane. Usually on every flight there are 4-5 veterans who have flown for a while and they have nice headphones. I saw one guy who was wearing some HD600s. I went to talk to him and he said he loved them but that he couldnt enjoy the music unless it was full power becasue of the power load and the airplane noise. I was wearing my ER-4S and told him that they were noise Isolating, I dont own an amp...yet but I told him to get one. Its nice to talk to someone who has some knowledge of headphones.

May 19, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #233 of 855
A dude at my school has a pair of Grado SR-80's and some variety of Archos hd player. It was nice to be able to audition the SR-80's.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2003 at 2:31 AM Post #234 of 855
Sony MDR-D66 eggos @ West 4th (A,C,E)
Grado RS1
eek.gif
@ Canal Street (Q,W)
Sony MDR-7506 @ 34th Street (A,C,E)
Koss Portapro @ 34th Street (N,R,Q,W)
Grado SR60 @ 34th Street (N,R,Q,W)

and the guy i see everyday on the trains that usually wears a Sony MDR-V700dj has recently switched to a pair of Audio-Technicas, but not sure which model. it's one of them with the cool camoflauge design.

May 19, 2003 at 3:37 AM Post #235 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by bong
Sony MDR-D66 eggos @ West 4th (A,C,E)
Grado RS1
eek.gif
@ Canal Street (Q,W)
Sony MDR-7506 @ 34th Street (A,C,E)
Koss Portapro @ 34th Street (N,R,Q,W)
Grado SR60 @ 34th Street (N,R,Q,W)

and the guy i see everyday on the trains that usually wears a Sony MDR-V700dj has recently switched to a pair of Audio-Technicas, but not sure which model. it's one of them with the cool camoflauge design.

These? Audio-Technica ATH-F55 StreetGear Headphones:
f_audiotechnica_athf55.jpg

May 19, 2003 at 3:48 AM Post #237 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by bong
yup, those are the ones. how do they sound?

No idea, but given the fact I havn't read anything about them, I'd imagine they're not great, they look eggo-ish, and I'm sure the eggo are better, however I only have eggo and not the other. Anyone else?

May 19, 2003 at 4:30 AM Post #238 of 855
someone at my school was acutally wearing KSC-50s, not big of a deal. but other than my phones, KSC-50s are the only "accetable" headphones/earphones at my school. i bet they just pick them up a while ago from K-Mart

am i think only one who cares about good sound at irvine high?!?!

May 19, 2003 at 12:20 PM Post #239 of 855
Yeh my friend in my course wears Audio Technica headphones like those phones, minus the camoflague pattern. He's a bit of an audio nut too... but more into speakers and such. I have conversations about audio gear with him every now and then... since he builds his own speakers from scratch. Pretty interesting from what he tells me. He's had a listen to my SR60's and he was really impressed, as were some of my other classmates that have tried them. Every other person in my year level have the normal stock buds.

May 19, 2003 at 9:28 PM Post #240 of 855
why do people like to go def listening to loud boomy annoying wake you up in the middle of the afternoon or night sound? i wonder if it slowly liqifies their brains over time... it's so sad... they tought bass and they don't even know what bass is.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back