headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2003 at 5:41 PM Post #166 of 855
Finally! I spotted a cute girl with BIG BLACK PHONES on around campus today! She walked by and I though "Senns, must be Senns" - but *doh!* - I was so wrong! El Cheapo Vivancos! ( http://www.vivanco.com/ )

Okay, I was wrong, but hardly disappointed, it would have been too good, if you know what I mean... at least she was smiling, and I bet this was a "yes, I know I look cute with these" kind of smile.
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2003 at 7:15 PM Post #167 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by Oliver
smily_headphones1.gif

Finally! I spotted a cute girl with BIG BLACK PHONES on around campus today! She walked by and I though "Senns, must be Senns" - but *doh!* - I was so wrong! El Cheapo Vivancos! ( http://www.vivanco.com/ )

Nearly sounds like you were more excited about the phones than the girl
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

Jan 16, 2003 at 7:37 PM Post #168 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
Nearly sounds like you were more excited about the phones than the girl
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

I guess I really was. Should I be afraid? Do I need therapy? "Hello, my name is Oliver, and I'm a HeadPhone-addict"...
eek.gif

Jan 17, 2003 at 12:40 AM Post #169 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
No, but MDR-V6 does
wink.gif

true, but they are not a part of the MDR-V### line that sucks

Jan 22, 2003 at 7:19 AM Post #170 of 855
At the Raiders vs. Titans game on Sunday, (it was awesome BTW) I actually saw some KSC-35s, KSC-50s, and one set of Etys (not sure if it was the ER-4P/S or ER-6)

Jan 23, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #171 of 855
was in the library today... some dude was watching intently as I quietly put together my system. I wanted to throw my textbook at him because i knew he was probably laughing at my gear.

I sat there w/my NJB3, CHA-47, & Ety ER4Ss. I didn't really care what he thought. And I wouldn't have heard what he has to say, :p.

he followed me out of the library and as i left the doors, he walked up to the side of me, pulled out his jukebox and his BOSE headphones. I was using every ounce of strength to stop myself from laughing. HE made fun of MY gear? HELLZ NO!

by the way, my school must have had a major donation from sony because every audio/visual library has sony headphones. I brought my KSC-35s into the music library, hooked it up to the rack, had the guy up front throw on Brahms' 3rd symphony for me, and I couldn't believe the quality of the amps they use. If only they had decent headphones to go with them.

Jan 23, 2003 at 4:21 AM Post #172 of 855
Quote:

Originally posted by bong
ha ha! i'm asian and i'm about to receive a pair of MDR-D66sl eggos!
biggrin.gif
ordered them yesterday. i keep reading good reviews on these boards and curiosity got the best of me...

anyways, when i was in college (Pratt Institute), i never see anyone with a good pair of headphones. all i see was sony streetstyles. and there i was walking around campus with a pair of Grado SR60's on my head, with its gleaming "prestige series" lettering and corny black plastic grilles. people must've thought "dude... get yourself a pair of decent headphones!"

i had a friend in my major who swears by his Koss Sportapros (i have them too), and i let his audition my SR60's. he replies, "its nice, but not enough bass." go fig...
rolleyes.gif

and about the V6 being lifeless, i agree. i have the 7506's and they're very anylitical and clinical. but i have to say they're the most detailed and accurate phones i've heard. my SR60's sounds warm but strangely muddy next to them.

oh, and i NEVER use those stock white earbuds on my iPod!

cheers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Where are you getting them from?

Jan 23, 2003 at 12:59 PM Post #173 of 855
i've ordered it from audiocubes, although they seem to be out of stock until the end of this month.
mad.gif

i'm still waiting patiently, it sould arrive the first week of February. CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER... NEED MY HEADPHONE FIX... its an addiction, i tell ya!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2003 at 7:26 PM Post #174 of 855
I only ever see the crappy street styles up in salem, ma. I just can't understand why people can do such a dis-service to their ears by wearing those monstrosities. Sometimes i just feel like walking up to them and saying JUST SPEND THE 15 EXTRA AND GET SOME PORTAPRO'S!!

Jan 23, 2003 at 9:58 PM Post #175 of 855
Just a sighting notice from today at the subway... I saw a guy with a pair of MDR-E565 on... gosh that's sweet... if he had 484s on instead I would have instantly stopped him and try to swap him with my 888s hoping that he doesn't know stuff... LOL!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 24, 2003 at 12:16 AM Post #176 of 855
well regarding that last post i like cheap/free music I can't seem to replicate hardware in the same manor so i don't mind paying for good stuff.

Back to the subject at hand, i wore my D66s eggos to the mall last weekend but I didn't get much reaction from people. oh well

Jan 24, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #177 of 855
I was sitting in class the other day and some kid had a pair of Koss UR-40s with him. Something different from the normal Sonys, anyway.

I wore my Grado SR-80s to that same class and a friend described them as looking like 'United Airlines 1950s standard issue,' which is probably somewhat accurate. He did, however, think they looked cool, so I guess it was 'United Airlines 1950s standard issue' in a good way. ... That reminds me -- another friend thought my Grado HP-1000s looked like 'something off a World War II submarine.' I don't know if I just have particularly imaginitive friends or if Grado has a design department that goes for the vintage-utilitarian motif.

kerely

Jan 24, 2003 at 1:55 PM Post #178 of 855
I know what can get you some attention... fold up the Eggo and hang it on your wrist/arm... hehe

Quote:

Originally posted by austonia
well regarding that last post i like cheap/free music I can't seem to replicate hardware in the same manor so i don't mind paying for good stuff.

Back to the subject at hand, i wore my D66s eggos to the mall last weekend but I didn't get much reaction from people. oh well

Jan 24, 2003 at 10:42 PM Post #179 of 855
Theres this impulse inside that I want to say hi the people that wears good headphones. Ive been seeing lots of adults (people going to work) wearing ktx-pro. Their ears must being having a fiazzco with the sound.

Jan 25, 2003 at 3:12 AM Post #180 of 855
Whenever I try to introduce me to myself, I always end up breaking my hand trying to greet myself w/a handshake. oh well. I guess I'll never meet another ety user at my school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back