Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 4, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #10,128 of 12,415
I'm not going to try to derail this thread, as my view on Eminem is not positive.

I like his new songs... Can't remember the title though.. It goes like "blah blah blah blah ALL NIGHT LONG!!"

Saw my friend with a pair of HTC stock cable... It's amazing how she can use it for 2-3 years and still look new (it's white BTW... Which tend to get dirty easily)

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #10,131 of 12,415
Good thing what! SE215 is not a bad IEM... Probably something like ATH-M50 hype haha

As a hype though......... I'd hate it when audiophillia becomes mainstream, or at least basic audiophiliia. The b**** crowd already have such a snobby "know it all" attitude, thinking that they know EVERYTHING about audio. Imagine how much worse it would be if people actually found an audiophile endorsed iem like the se215 and finally think they know everything. That is my nightmare. I already have such a hard time with my father I don't need another "know it all"

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #10,132 of 12,415
Anyways........ Guess what I found.....,.. An old if not ancient and rare pair of akg k100s ( forgive me I'm not into vintage headphones, though I guess it was old ). They were displayed outside an old music store at The Adelphi. Looked really vintage.

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #10,133 of 12,415
Anyways........ Guess what I found.....,.. An old if not ancient and rare pair of akg k100s ( forgive me I'm not into vintage headphones, though I guess it was old ). They were displayed outside an old music store at The Adelphi. Looked really vintage.

What does it say on that yellow sticker? "Adults only?" What kind of R-rated music is on that disc? lol

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #10,134 of 12,415
As a hype though......... I'd hate it when audiophillia becomes mainstream, or at least basic audiophiliia. The b**** crowd already have such a snobby "know it all" attitude, thinking that they know EVERYTHING about audio. Imagine how much worse it would be if people actually found an audiophile endorsed iem like the se215 and finally think they know everything. That is my nightmare. I already have such a hard time with my father I don't need another "know it all"

I'm probably to be blamed for some of that, I've sent way too many people off to Jaben either looking for GR02s or SE215s, and I have to say that the world is probably a better place, more happy people with better earphones :)  As for the "know it all" people and their rotten attitudes I'm not particularly bothered when people claim to have more knowledge on audio stuff, I'm just happy they're actually exposed to good audio equipment rather than Beats/Monster/etc... 

I think a good thing to note about this hobby is that you should never try to assert your "dominance" in terms of knowledge of IEM's/Headphones/Audio stuff, I have seen many an audiophile friend blow a fuse over trying to convince the general public to understand this hobby. Bottom line, be happy with your own knowledge and equipment, and be happy that at least they enjoy their music:)

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #10,135 of 12,415
Kid next to me pulled K540s out of his backpack.  They don't sound too bad, the only reason he has them is because his dad  brought them from somewhere and I was telling him about how great AKG is before hand (with my K272s) : 3

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #10,136 of 12,415
There's a kid on campus (Ramapo College) with V-Moda Crossfade LP's!! And I saw a girl with Senns 429s. 

Nov 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #10,137 of 12,415
Ohgawd....

There's a girl on the bus with iBuds listening to them at some 80% volume on her iPhone such that I can hear her music at the front of the bus while she is sitting in the back. When she boarded the bus and asked the driver if this is the correct bus to go to X, she was basically yelling at him, thinking she needed to hear herself over the ridiculous volume of music she was listening to.

Good gawd what has society gotten into nowadays? Another person with 80% volume iBuds boarded the bus and missed her stop because she couldn't hear the driver and other people saying they were at her stop.

Nov 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #10,138 of 12,415
I have noticed that quite frequently here too. 

Do those things have massive noise leaking or do people really just hate their ears?

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #10,140 of 12,415
Ouch O_O

In other news, saw a guy wearing Fostex T50-RPs today. I had to do a double take to see if they were MadDogs. hahaha
People must think I am so strange. Every time someone with headphones walks past me in a hallway I always have to check what kind they are. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back