Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 1, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #10,096 of 12,415
This morning London Bridge Station platform 6, Audio Technica ESW9s, the first pair i have seen in London! A rare beast indeed

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #10,098 of 12,415
I used to wear my T5p out and about fairly regularly; it looks so generic and unadorned that nobody really has any clue how much it costs. I wouldn't do the same thing with, say, an ATH-W3000ANV or a TH900. The concern that made me stop taking it out wasn't theft, but my own friends. After somebody broke me W3 by trying to see how loud my amp would go while I left it unattended, I decided on a $400 limit for out-of-house headphones.

Nov 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #10,099 of 12,415
Oh wow, i hope they don't try to do that to a pair of T5p.

Can you imagine if someone took a pair of L3000 out and their friends broke it trying to see how loud it would  go XD

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #10,101 of 12,415
Private school student here as well! Majority of the boys here spend money on Riot Point for their LoL gaming, and girls... Errrr phone credit (there are never enough)! There are also majority of us with no allowance but they get almost everything they wanted in return for "good grades"

So in short, not much love for audio gears in my school T.T except for a friend who's saving $25/month for UE6000

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #10,102 of 12,415
Private school student here as well! Majority of the boys here spend money on Riot Point for their LoL gaming, and girls... Errrr phone credit (there are never enough)! There are also majority of us with no allowance but they get almost everything they wanted in return for "good grades"

So in short, not much love for audio gears in my school T.T except for a friend who's saving $25/month for UE6000

25$/month? OMG you will never save up. You must have the willingness to give up everything else for audio gear. For example, I gave up a computer/ eating outside for 2months to get a UERM.

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #10,103 of 12,415

Damn, LoL gaming...I was guilty of spending money on Riot Points until easter when I was like 'Come on I have better things to buy,' and stopped wasting money.

The summer holidays came, I finally joined head-fi after lurking for ages and I was introduced to the better things 
size]

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #10,104 of 12,415
25$/month? OMG you will never save up. You must have the willingness to give up everything else for audio gear. For example, I gave up a computer/ eating outside for 2months to get a UERM.

Haha... Wait till he got his first pair of good headphone, the UE6000. He might starve every break time to save up money for a better pair! [haha.. I am hoping he will buy my XBA-4... He loves it so much so that he can spend less + I get some money to buy V-Moda M80 ^_^ ] for now! his just saving around a dollar per day. His got a chief/non-certified doctor/driver/house maker etc etc a.k.a his mum so he can definitely save more if he want! But given his addicted to gaming so yeah xD

Damn, LoL gaming...I was guilty of spending money on Riot Points until easter when I was like 'Come on I have better things to buy,' and stopped wasting money.

The summer holidays came, I finally joined head-fi after lurking for ages and I was introduced to the better things :dt880smile: .

I never spend buy RP xD so I have no skin for any of my champ except for Yi xD

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #10,105 of 12,415
I never spend buy RP xD so I have no skin for any of my champ except for Yi xD

I have way too many skins for my own good...

EDIT:

After thinking a little harder if I didn't spend RP on the game at all I would probably have enough to buy something like the HD 800 and a good amp and dac to pair it with 
size]

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #10,106 of 12,415
I have way too many skins for my own good...

EDIT:

After thinking a little harder if I didn't spend RP on the game at all I would probably have enough to buy something like the HD 800 and a good amp and dac to pair it with :ph34r:

Wow! That's like a thousand? @.@ The most I have heard was around 700-800 only though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back