Headphone Sightings 2
Oct 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #10,081 of 12,415
Festival Walk HK Records store. SO MANY HEADPHONES!!!

They even sell FiiO amps!

I wish we had this in the US.

Damn. I wish I was not in US. I wanna go to Korea, where there are audiophile stores. If you are in HK, be sure to visit Jaben too(though it's located in a really sketchy building). People at Jaben are nice. They have some high end gears too!
I feel your pain, bro... Amazon is my only source. (Sniff, sniff)

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #10,082 of 12,415
I wish we had this in the US.

I was actually surprised when I walked in, never expected that store to be selling so many consumer-grade headphones with brand names that we know and love. Still learning about my home country I guess!

As a bonus, sennheisers at a listening station 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #10,083 of 12,415
I was actually surprised when I walked in, never expected that store to be selling so many consumer-grade headphones with brand names that we know and love. Still learning about my home country I guess!

As a bonus, sennheisers at a listening station :)

When you mention listening stations, did you know the Best Buys here run amps and DACs for the B***ts and for the Senns and other stuff sitting in the back, extremely low bitrate files?

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #10,084 of 12,415
When you mention listening stations, did you know the Best Buys here run amps and DACs for the B***ts and for the Senns and other stuff sitting in the back, extremely low bitrate files?

Damn that wouldn't give a favorable impression of the music at all. I only listened to that station for a few minutes but from what I could listen to it should be CD-quality music.

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #10,088 of 12,415
Haven't seen anything at all worth mentioning (and I still haven't) But yesterday I saw my first ever pair of knock off beats.  Completely black with no logos/text/buttons.  Almost looked better than the real ones if the finish wasn't so bad.  

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #10,089 of 12,415
  Haven't seen anything at all worth mentioning (and I still haven't) But yesterday I saw my first ever pair of knock off beats.  Completely black with no logos/text/buttons.  Almost looked better than the real ones if the finish wasn't so bad.  

I also tried a pair of fake beats, blind A-B tested them with real beats. Apparently I found that the fake beats sounded better than the real thing.
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 1, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #10,092 of 12,415
Even the Lee Min-Hos of the world are using MDR-1Rs...

Will not consider it a bad headphone, in fact, they sound great well... Unless you hate coloured mids xD Momentum is a good alternative thought...

[I actually have no idea who is that guy, pardon my ignorance]

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #10,093 of 12,415
Well i go to a private school, literally 70% of people at my school own beats Solo, Studio, or Pro... Some even multiple pairs.

Needless to say, i made quite an impression when i bought in my Beyerdynamic T5p + E12 amp one day lol...

I normally bring ATH M50 to school for music, i don't think bringing $1400 headphones is safe lol.

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #10,094 of 12,415
  Well i go to a private school, literally 70% of people at my school own beats Solo, Studio, or Pro... Some even multiple pairs.

Needless to say, i made quite an impression when i bought in my Beyerdynamic T5p + E12 amp one day lol...

I normally bring ATH M50 to school for music, i don't think bringing $1400 headphones is safe lol.

Yeah! Another person going to a private school! But really, there are lots of beats everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back