Headphone Sightings 2
Oct 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #9,766 of 12,415
  Purple Beats, and the single best HP sighting since I've lived here, some guy riding a high end Trek Mountain Bike with ATH wooden headphones on at the local park.  I literally did a double take.

Sounds like the guy likes to live dangerously, imagine how badly the wood would scratch if he fell off his bike. Nevermind the scrapes and bruises he would suffer, those will heal

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #9,767 of 12,415
  Sounds like the guy likes to live dangerously, imagine how badly the wood would scratch if he fell off his bike. Nevermind the scrapes and bruises he would suffer, those will heal

I was walking the dog, he wasn't going full speed down a road, more meandering down the walking trail, but still definitely not recommended.  Biking with headphones on, let alone closed, just a bad idea. 

Oct 9, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #9,769 of 12,415
I can't imagine biking with headphones, especially without a helmet presumably. I've seen the result of a guy being hit by a car out of driveway that he didn't notice, with the headphone you're opening up a hell of a lot of possibility of being unaware.

Anyway I'm happy to say that I saw person with a Denon D5000 walking around in Camberwell, if that was anyone from this site from Melbourne a big shout out HI!

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #9,770 of 12,415
I can't imagine biking with headphones, especially without a helmet presumably. I've seen the result of a guy being hit by a car out of driveway that he didn't notice, with the headphone you're opening up a hell of a lot of possibility of being unaware.

Anyway I'm happy to say that I saw person with a Denon D5000 walking around in Camberwell, if that was anyone from this site from Melbourne a big shout out HI!

Indeed! After hearing all the news about people get involved in accident due to headphones, I banned myself from listening to music while I am walking outdoor at ALL cost!

Sometimes I do make my sister to not do so as well xD and same goes to my brother while his driving!

In short, listening to music while driving/biking/walking on the street is very dangerous!

Billson :)

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #9,771 of 12,415
They dont suck horribly. They are pretty good.

Famous DJs probably get them for free in order to advertise them.

They are only hated on by poor teens who obviously can't afford them so it makes them feel better, but each and everyone one of them would gladly accept a free pair and use them all the time.

I found this nonsense on http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/if-dr-dre-beats-suck-so-bad-why-do-famous-djs-use-them.201842839/page-2
Then I found this picture and I couldn't stop laughing...
2c0eba58_DrDrewithM50s.jpeg

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #9,772 of 12,415
  They dont suck horribly. They are pretty good.

Famous DJs probably get them for free in order to advertise them.

They are only hated on by poor teens who obviously can't afford them so it makes them feel better, but each and everyone one of them would gladly accept a free pair and use them all the time.

I found this nonsense on http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/if-dr-dre-beats-suck-so-bad-why-do-famous-djs-use-them.201842839/page-2
Then I found this picture and I couldn't stop laughing...
2c0eba58_DrDrewithM50s.jpeg

I hate beats literally but that photo is edited.

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #9,773 of 12,415
Oct 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #9,776 of 12,415
  I hate beats figuratively.... and do you have a link to the unedited original? 

I don't know where the link is now, but this photo has been debunked a number of times. He's not wearing any headphones at all in the original; the photo was darkened and made black and white to hide a bad photoshop job.

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #9,777 of 12,415

I don't know where the link is now, but this photo has been debunked a number of times. He's not wearing any headphones at all in the original; the photo was darkened and made black and white to hide a bad photoshop job.

I hate beats figuratively.... and do you have a link to the unedited original?

Thanks ssrock64, you saved me for a link hunting
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #9,779 of 12,415
That's awesome. On a side note, I am real sad Seven Lions cancelled the rest of his tour. :frowning2: Hope Jeff gets better and has a chance to play at a few more shows soon.

Oct 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #9,780 of 12,415
Today girl with Pioneer HDJ-500 white in downtown sitting on the bench
 It was fullsized cans worn by the perhaps youngest person I have ever seen. The girl could not be more than 11-13 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back