Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #9,467 of 12,415
See this guy walking down the street every day wearing a winter hat (in the summer) with a Sony MDR-V6 over them. Ugh! Why?!
He's always using his Ipod too.

Maybe the fabric from his hat smooths out the V6's treble?

I almost never see people wearing headphones..

Speaking of that there is this other guy always screaming/growling out death metal lyrics. He constantly shouts up in the air and then bends down to shout at the pavement.
Scares the crap out of my mom. She didn't know death metal vocals can be like that..

He does this in huge crowded areas and it's a bit weird/disturbing.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #9,469 of 12,415

Speaking of that there is this other guy always screaming/growling out death metal lyrics. He constantly shouts up in the air and then bends down to shout at the pavement.
Scares the crap out of my mom. She didn't know death metal vocals can be like that..

I was walking down the street in NYC and this pregnant lady with a single iBud in one ear and a cell phone was screaming loud epitaphs into her cell phone at a boyfriend/husband so loud and so disturbing New Yorkers crossed the street to stay away from her.  I couldn't believe there was anyone on the other end, or why they would stay on the line.  She scared me.  Why he cheated on her and why she wanted everyone in the world to be involved in her business was, as the post above says, it was "weird/disturbing."

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #9,470 of 12,415
first week of the school year at college. I go to a large state school, so there's plenty of 'phones walking around. Ive seen too many Beats to count, a pair of Sony zx100, monoprice 8320, and a guy walking into my English class rocking some Senn 598.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #9,471 of 12,415
See this guy walking down the street every day wearing a winter hat (in the summer) with a Sony MDR-V6 over them. Ugh! Why?!
He's always using his Ipod too.

Maybe the fabric from his hat smooths out the V6's treble?

I almost never see people wearing headphones..

Maybe he's pissed off at the concrete?

Sep 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #9,472 of 12,415
I saw a kid with a HD 650 next to me on the train. He probably just bought it cause he was holding the box. First time seeing an open headphone in public, I could hear EXCATLY what he was listening to. Parisienne walkways :D  And some other guitar songs im not familiar with.

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #9,476 of 12,415
Dang you replied to me right when I was about to edit the post. XD
At first I thought it was the Ultrasone Edition 8 but that is way too expensive and the headband is wider a the top than at the adjustable part.

Some sort of Sony headphone?

^ awesome bass, awesome person, awesome song composition, I could care less for the Vocaloid...

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #9,479 of 12,415
I think I saw a Shure SE425 the other day during my Malay language class... I was extremely disappointed to see it... He wears it the wrong way!!!! 
angry_face.gif
 1) He didn't insert the foam eartips probably so it didn't go into his ear completely 2) He definitely did not wear it with the cable going around the ear and then to the ear canal... He just wears it like how he wears a normal earphone like the Apple Earpods... That scene definitely ruins everything even the SE425 on it... He just BOOM ruined it T.T 

I hope he gets it right the next time... Or else, I am so gonna teach him the right way to wear it and might as well test the audio... 
cool.gif
 <- Didn't know Head-Fi have this emoji but AWESOME :D

Billson 

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #9,480 of 12,415
I think I saw a Shure SE425 the other day during my Malay language class... I was extremely disappointed to see it... He wears it the wrong way!!!! 
angry_face.gif
 1) He didn't insert the foam eartips probably so it didn't go into his ear completely 2) He definitely did not wear it with the cable going around the ear and then to the ear canal... He just wears it like how he wears a normal earphone like the Apple Earpods... That scene definitely ruins everything even the SE425 on it... He just BOOM ruined it T.T 

I hope he gets it right the next time... Or else, I am so gonna teach him the right way to wear it and might as well test the audio... 
cool.gif
 <- Didn't know Head-Fi have this emoji but AWESOME :D

Billson 

Haha well I could never figure out how it's possible to get the cable to stay over your ears without any type of memory wire or tubing. One of the reasons why I've never owned a Shure IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back