Headphone Sightings 2
Jun 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #9,036 of 12,415
I bring HD598s and K240s to school all the time, people usually only ask about my E11 though.

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #9,039 of 12,415
saw a picture of Matisyahu in the studio using dt770 pros

Jun 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #9,040 of 12,415
dennon adh1100s  Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally something other than beats 
beerchug.gif

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #9,041 of 12,415
I have been seeing a growing number (but not enough) of these "Urban Ears Plattan" headphones in school.

primarily alot in the colour of white.

Between students wearing these Plattans, and other students wearing beats (excluding students who store their cans in their bags)

Theres actually more kids i see wearing these so-called plattans.

thats funny, because in my freshman year (2011-2012)

The beats hype in my school was at its peak, theres always at least 1 pair around someones ears of neck around every corner.

i guess it started dying down in my area? not the hype it used to be here. but people still talk about it like crazy.

edit1: a pic to give thought

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #9,042 of 12,415
i have a friend who owns these "Philipps "The Stretch"" headphones.

as he is fairly happy with them and i respect them.

but he does seem to "rub" it in my face despite my ownership of Grado Sr80i and my newer Sony MDR-V6.

has not even tried to listen to my rig at all.

but yea, these:

^not my pic

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #9,043 of 12,415
Quote:
I have been seeing a growing number (but not enough) of these "Urban Ears Plattan" headphones in school.

primarily alot in the colour of white.

Between students wearing these Plattans, and other students wearing beats (excluding students who store their cans in their bags)

Theres actually more kids i see wearing these so-called plattans.

thats funny, because in my freshman year (2011-2012)

The beats hype in my school was at its peak, theres always at least 1 pair around someones ears of neck around every corner.

i guess it started dying down in my area? not the hype it used to be here. but people still talk about it like crazy.

edit1: a pic to give thought

I actually owned one of those few years ago.

Jun 10, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #9,044 of 12,415
Quote:
i have a friend who owns these "Philipps "The Stretch"" headphones.

as he is fairly happy with them and i respect them.

but he does seem to "rub" it in my face despite my ownership of Grado Sr80i and my newer Sony MDR-V6.

has not even tried to listen to my rig at all.

I kinda like the Stretches. They're inferior to the V6 for sure, but for a warm sound, they're not bad. I paid $20 for them and they're pretty receptive to mods, but they're not worth much more than $20. 

I've seen a lot of those Plattan OEMs too. They're at least less obnoxious to see than glossy Beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back