Headphone Sightings 2
May 25, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #8,971 of 12,415
Quote:
My SCHOOL was suckered into wasting their money on Beats Audio laptops. 

We need air conditioners and TEACHERS, not BEATS.

Beats laptops, you said. Not headphones. I doubt the Beats branding added that much cost to them. It's just a way for the manufacturer to market their laptop as superior to the competition. Are they HPs, by chance? The HP laptops with the Beats branding are no more expensive than any other laptop with similar specs.

May 25, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #8,972 of 12,415
Some of those Beats laptops even have free Solos. I remember a friend of mine selling the free Solo and it paid for 2/3rds of the laptop price. 
biggrin.gif

Grado SR60 on the bus while commuting home. I hope he can hear his music.. 

May 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #8,973 of 12,415
Quote:

Beats laptops, you said. Not headphones. I doubt the Beats branding added that much cost to them. It's just a way for the manufacturer to market their laptop as superior to the competition. Are they HPs, by chance? The HP laptops with the Beats branding are no more expensive than any other laptop with similar specs.

Yeah, they were HP.

May 26, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #8,978 of 12,415
My SCHOOL was suckered into wasting their money on Beats Audio laptops. 

We need air conditioners and TEACHERS, not BEATS.

HP quality is horrendous from my experience as well as several family members and friends.

May 27, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #8,980 of 12,415
Quote:
Quote:
HP quality is horrendous from my experience as well as several family members and friends.

Really? I'm using an HP desktop right now. I love it.

I don't understand the hate for HP and Dell too. I own both brands and both are just fine...

May 27, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #8,981 of 12,415
I have Beats Audio and it is just generic bull c**p. It has way to much bass, the volume swings up and down, and when you close it the software automatically reduces a ton of bass resulting in a tin like sound. I just unloaded it and the computer renewed it with Beats-free audio.

As for headphones; spotted a pair of Shure SRH 840’s (I think). I played in a gig and the sound manager/engineer was using them.

May 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #8,983 of 12,415
In my school there are tons of Beats,and they think they're the best headphones.... Once a friend of mine's listened to my old K701,he said "My Solo HD is better"..... ¬¬

I saw a guy using a PortaPro once,here in Brazil we don't see many headphones because of their prices (here Solo HDs are almost $600,ppl who have Beats bought them in the US)

May 27, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #8,984 of 12,415
HDJ-500s have become very popular in Mexico for some reason and I just got a pair out of curosity. The first time I took them out of the box and tried them on I saw a girl and a guy wearing them lol. I'll write a review on these but I'm glad they are popular; pronounced V shape frequency response with recessed and somewhat grainy mids, non-fatiging highs, and wonderful tight and punchy bass. You could do A LOT worse for the price. But I'm not a fan of the super plasticky feel, although they are well padded and are very comfortable (and manage to look great as well!).

May 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #8,985 of 12,415
Quote:
I don't understand the hate for HP and Dell too. I own both brands and both are just fine...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/17/laptop-reliability-survey-asus-and-toshiba-win-hp-fails/

Dell probably gets hate because they're so common, so you hear about them breaking more often. The HP hate seems to be deserved, though. They have the worst reliability of the major brands according to that survey, plus they teamed up with Beats, plus their aesthetics aren't very impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back