Headphone Sightings 2
May 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #8,776 of 12,415
I've actually always thought they looked kind of cheap. I think it might be the glossy plastic that really does it for me.

I've never really been much for the ice cream colors though - I guess I like more of a sleek, flat, discrete design more.

I like vintage and wooden!
Or creative and complex, matte black with brushed silver accents! Mmmm :p that is a beautiful can :)

May 2, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #8,777 of 12,415
IMO I like the look of Beats Studio but not HDs. Then again I am biased againt on-ears, either IEM or Over-ear for me.

May 2, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #8,779 of 12,415
Quote:
I love the look of the new AKGs
tongue.gif

they have to step up their game in sound quality, they're not quite as first choice as they used to be

May 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #8,781 of 12,415
they have to step up their game in sound quality, they're not quite as first choice as they used to be

They need to step up their BUILD quality too. I just took apart an AKG K167 with broken hinges and it's made of the worst plastic you could imagine inside. Just crap.

May 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #8,783 of 12,415
I agree! The Beats aren't terrible but they are terribly overprice.

You can get beats at really good prices if you can find the b-stock section of their website (pro for $250, studio for $170) however, I just don't like the consumer culture that the beats brand represents.

May 2, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #8,785 of 12,415
i was watching tv the other day and a car commercial comes on. i see just the tip of the cable plugged into an android phone and i immediately shout "that's an m50!" my two loves, android and quality headphones. I believe it was an Acura commercial that they were trying to make a big deal about the sound. well done Acura. . . well done. Submitting this while wearing an m50 in a sea of skullcandy, Ibuds and Beats. it's almost every day that someone asks to try them out and all i hear is "that's fantastic" "that's really comfy" or "needs more bass" so i turn on one of my many Custom EQ's on my Ipod and blow their mind with my nano5g+fiio e6 combo+cable modded m50+beyer velvet pads.
so happy that they advertise their audio system with a kid wearing some proper headphones.

May 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #8,786 of 12,415
Quote:
Two drivers are good, four are better :D

Shh! They might think the Solo HDs are better, because it has four. 
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Aaaanyway.. Momentum and Amperior, one of each. A Razer Orca, and some HD448s. Awesome day. 
rolleyes.gif
L3000.gif

May 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #8,787 of 12,415
Quote:
i was watching tv the other day and a car commercial comes on. i see just the tip of the cable plugged into an android phone and i immediately shout "that's an m50!" my two loves, android and quality headphones. I believe it was an Acura commercial that they were trying to make a big deal about the sound. well done Acura. . . well done. Submitting this while wearing an m50 in a sea of skullcandy, Ibuds and Beats. it's almost every day that someone asks to try them out and all i hear is "that's fantastic" "that's really comfy" or "needs more bass" so i turn on one of my many Custom EQ's on my Ipod and blow their mind with my nano5g+fiio e6 combo+cable modded m50+beyer velvet pads.
so happy that they advertise their audio system with a kid wearing some proper headphones.

do you rockbox your ipod?
and I'm really dissapointed in AKG, look at them, alive for 60 years taking the heaphone world by storm with their k1000 and k701/q702 and they turn to another company for support, is it me or are people being too soft with business, where are the people who will fight to keep themselves going and churning out good headphones at the same time? come on AKG you have some great sound engineers, talk to them, let them do the tech spec works, choose materials yourself and let tiesto do the aesthetics, not the other way around, game faces on please!!!! I think if that happened AKG would be back up there instead of second rate headphones, always runner up to something else, akg k271-mkII nice pair of cans, but audiotechnica ad900x can beat them (just an example)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back